Start by marking “Think India: The Rise of the World's Next Superpower and What It Means for Every American” as Want to Read:

The buzzword of the twenty-first century is India—and it's not just a story of software, outsourcing, and faraway call centers. With the economy soaring at 8 percent a year, India is a medical and pharmaceutical front-runner, an R&D powerhouse, a rising manufacturing hub, and an up-and-coming cultural trendsetter in areas from fashion to film. And the world is taking note: ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 30th 2007 by Tantor Media (first published August 16th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Think India, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Think India

Start your review of Think India: The Rise of the World's Next Superpower and What It Means for Every American
Shravani Sawant
The entire book reads like an overly dragged essay/summary of my school history education.

First 100 pages: It did nothing for me except maybe give me a couple of people/events to look up online, if I wanted to learn anything about them beyond the first paragraph of their Wikipedia page.
Rest of the book: Meh. This part definitely had more information, but also left much more to be desired. More people and events to look up.

Maybe someone who's never studied/read about basics of Indian history woul
Eve
Oct 25, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
We listened to this audio book on a car trip over the last couple days. The descriptions of India and the short history have their moments but for the most part, it's right-wing propaganda. The author is strongly anti-China and anti-Muslim, and very pro-America and pro-growth. Though I love India for many reasons, I don't like the motivation behind the alliance this book pushes.
Sherry Lynn
found it very interesting at first but then it became very subjective.
Paras Rishi
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading the success stories of India's biggest achiever's in the corporate world was a very fascinating journey. Also, the American outlook towards Indian Age makes a wonderful read. Recommended!
Kacie
May 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great information about the rise of India. It's pretty fascinating and isn't dry at all. My boss had me read it, and I actually really enjoyed it.
Nivas
Feb 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are over a dozen books on India and modern india. I wouldn't recommend this as the top book. Mostly redundant information, only for those like me who are obsessed about the new Indian Economy
Sophia Liu
Jul 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this nation shocks me in many aspects.
confident people, diverse culture, diligent spirit, creative mood :)
i am learning from them, reading from them :)
Noam Rosenthal
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome. India is a fascinating case study in what happens when there is an almost instant transition from a Soviet and then British controlling and bureaucratic government to an almost textbook democratic free market. Entrepreneurial spirit and technology are soaring while safety and infrastructure lag behind. The author of the book, Vinay Rai, had incredible success starting a billion dollar, diversified business in India. What he describes as a “reverse brain drain” from slow, p ...more
Lanier
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“All know that the drop merges into the ocean, but few know that the ocean merges into the drop.”
― Kabir

I like how they analyze Thomas Freidman’s slight mis-reading of the Flattening of the world, and understand how India certainly has—and will—take advantage of their strengths which puts them ahead of many other Developing Nations with Internet and technological advances. I think I’m missing a few points, or simply disagree with their take, however, it will fascinating to watch how some of the
Ana Watson
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book by Dr. Vinay Rai, Advisor at Rai Foundation and Rai University, is a fascinating read for dynamic businessmen and also for those who want to get in-depth knowledge about India along with its new muscle on the global stage. A prominent businessman himself, Dr. Rai shares his vast knowledge regarding India’s relations with countries round the world, and how it affects global trade.
Reference website: http://www.vinayrai.in
Maak Desai
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
every indian need to read this book, its about how we have reached here and from where we come, and in there are solutions for a beautiful tomorrow,.

The younger one is reading this book, the better it is for India, .
I regret reading it @30.
Chelsea
Mar 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
100% propaganda
Dibya Pal
A nice book describing the rise of India in the late 20th and early 21st century and what will be its impact on the world scenario.
Sambasivan
Breezy read. Treasurehouse of information for those who are new to India. Puts our country in a positive light (may be over positive). Downplays the negatives. Overall an ok read.
Srikanth
Nov 02, 2014
Ann
Feb 08, 2020
nilesh
rated it did not like it
May 31, 2015