Start by marking “The Journey of the Raindrop” as Want to Read:
The Journey of the Raindrop

The Journey of the Raindrop

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
An enlightening and refreshing story of life from the point of view of the element of water. This short-short will cheer you up and change your outlook on life.
Published (first published February 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Journey of the Raindrop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journey of the Raindrop

Lisa Frase
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
This is a short story. It took about 15 minutes to read. It sounds like a children's story. In fact, you could read it to kids. I don't usually read short stories, but hey, it was free, and had good reviews and sounded like it might be uplifting (which I needed at the moment), so I downloaded it. The story may seem simple, but it really is a metaphor for life, and if you listen, you will hear the message of the story. It will speak to you and possibly touch you in a profound way. This little gem ...more
C.C. Thomas
Dec 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I decided to read this book because of all the reviews that talked about the great motivational read. However, with my lenses of a schoolteacher, I saw it in an entirely new light.

In summary, it is the story of Little Raindrop, who falls to earth one day. He is startled and fearful and is swept along on his life adventure and misadventure.

This very short story would be a terrific teacher book. All the time I was reading, I kept picturing lessons on personification, onomatopoeia, story sequencin
Suzanne
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love this short book because I wrote it. You will love it too. It will make your day!
Pete`
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this book because my wife wrote it. No, really it's a great short story.
Ruby
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well, this was a short story about the life of a raindrop. The raindrop went through life just like we humans do, not knowing where to go, what is going to happen and sometimes getting stuck in one place with no one to help you except yourself…
Jen
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Didn't do much for me. Another Kindle freebie short. It was too New Age-y for my taste. I'm also not in search of myself and my path, so I may not have gotten out of this what others may benefit from. Not bad, but it didn't wow me.
Liz
Jul 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Meh
Vaughn
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fun, inspiring short book... literally a 5 to 10 minute read. The path isn't always as complex as we make it out to be.
Darlene
Cute little story to entertain. But I will keep it in my Kindle for when I feel the need for inspiration. My life as a raindrop has been as random and directed as the main character in the story.
Linda
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a cute short story. As an adult, I enjoyed it, but thought it would be enjoyed even more by children. Follow the raindrop after it falls into a river and see lesson it learns along the way.
Jan McClintock
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
This parable is a simple, short story about a raindrop making its way in life. It was an excellent, relaxing read and and uplifting end to my day.
Cathy
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-books
A nice story about the journey of a raindrop.
It doesn't compare well with the story of a snowflake that I read some time ago.
Jayne
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it
free kindle download - it was ok
Loverlypurple