Start by marking “Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery #1)

Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  233 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
What took Ellen away from her famous husband yearly, to the cold windy coast of Maine? Piecing together the life of an unhappy minister's wife, private investigator Teri Blake-Addison trails the wreckage to a remote Canadian island. When murder rocks the community, she realizes the puzzle may not be as simple as it had seemed. Book One in the Teri Blake-Addison private inv ...more
Published (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Steal Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steal Away

Kate Kelly
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steal Away has everything I like in a mystery. Muiltiple story questions that aren't easy to answer, wonderful characters, who, I know will stick in my head for a long while. And an exotic setting for most of the book, Grand Manan Island, Canada and subplots. I love subplots, especially in a mystery. I think Linda Hall is a talented writer, and I'm happy to see she has a healthy backlist for me to enjoy.
Cindy
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook well done. Intriguing plot with clearly drawn characters. Enjoyed the Christian theme & underplot - will read this author again. No foul language or graphic sex.
C.L.
Jun 07, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently reading this one and enjoying it very much. Linda Hall is a writer who keeps my interest from the beginning to the end.
Cafelilybookreviews

Steal Away is the first book in the Teri Blake Addison Mystery Series.

I found this book at my local library and after reading the back cover, thought I'd give it a try. Teri Blake Addison is former cop turned private investigator. In addition to the pressures of her job, she's a newlywed, married to a professor who was widowed when his first wife died of cancer. Teri finds it hard to live in the shadows of the perfect first wife.

Ellen Houseman is about a pastor's wife who disappears while saili
Jean Marie Nelson
Listened to this on tape. A good mystery, entertaining, something I could listen to with teenagers in the car!
Kathy
Sep 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading and will read more of her books.
Dolores Ayotte
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Steal Away" is the first novel that I've read by talented Author Linda Hall. I love a good mystery and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed this well-written suspenseful thriller. I had every desire to read it in one or two sittings but due to my busy schedule, it took me a few days longer. However, every chance I could get, I quickly returned to my reading as I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

It is very obvious that Ms. Hall is a seasoned author. The story is well told and has ample t
Carmen
I haven't read much fiction lately. So, I picked up this novel that I've had for a while. I know it was an impulse buy from the bargains in Christian fiction. Actually, I was really drawn into this mystery revolving around the disappearance of a famous evangelist's wife. It has been five years since the supposed death of Ellen Houseman in a sailing accident, but for some reason, her husband wants to re-open the case and hires PI Teri Blake-Addison for the job. It's a quick read, but a little uns ...more
Mallory
This was a pretty good book. Teri Blake-Addison is a private investigator who gets hired by this famous minister to look into his wifes death that happened 5 years ago. It takes many twists and turns through out the book.
Irena
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, religious
Not bad, but not a keeper. Typical what happened to so and so... same story has been told before. Very mellow book, no excitement. There is a hint of it at the end, but no violence. Barely a mention of God or Christianity although this book is about a minister and his wife.
Mara
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: linda-hall
As she uncovers the life of minister's wife she finds out that all is not s it seems.
Tiffany
This book was really depressing. It shows how sins of all kinds can ruin your life.
Kimberly
again, one from my mom-she gets a lot at garage sales! it was alright, not super great, but a good mystery
Kerry
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good mystery...enjoyed reading it and didn't want to put it down. Enjoyed descriptions of the coast and sea in Maine and Canada.
Kerstin Gunia
Years ago I read Linda Hall "Mountie Series" and was delighted to come across some more of her writing. This is, unfortunately a short lived series/character, I appreciated the unique premise of the main character and the layers of conflict. It was engaging and a well thought out plot & mystery. Technically my rating is a 4, but maybe a 5 will bring the character out of retirement😉
Harriette
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story showed real people and real ways church people may hurt one another. Yet it also hints at grace, peace and new beginnings. Refreshingly, not everything is resolved in the end as "happily ever after".
Denise
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a quick read for me....it was interesting...and I certainly liked reading about Maine, St. Andrews and Grand Manan. I must say though, I really didn't connect with the characters which was a shame. But overall...not a bad read.
Paula White
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
I couldn't put this down. I liked the mystery, the undertones and the message
Lynne
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book

Looking forward to the next in the series. Well written, loved the characters. I always enjoy books by Linda Hall.
JanetW
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this ... this was published in 2003 ... but is a new author to me. wanna read more of her books ... off to ThriftBooks for me :) :) :)
Kim
Aug 02, 2015 added it
I like this book it was interesting. It's about a husband and wife team who are top notch professional Private Investigation. They get a call from a Dr. Carl Houseman who is a minster with a television program. Terri said I know he is currently one of the most well-known Christian apologists and speakers. His books have sold in the millions. His church service is broadcast internationally. His opinions are quoted by many. He wants to hire us. Why would he want to hire you? Okay here it is. Carl ...more
Tomi
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Surprisingly good mystery. I don't usually read Christian fiction because I find it too "preachy" but this book was an excellent example of weaving Christianity into the story without that preachiness. I didn't have a clue about the mystery until the very end of the book. Well done, Linda Hall. Will be looking for more of your work.
Sharon Huether
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, mystery
Steal Away..By Linda Hall A ministers wife disappears after a boating accident at sea. The minister decides to hire a P I to look into the cold case after five years. The story flowed. The author lead the reader on every page till the surprise at the end. The character were real. A great mystery
Ketti
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-read
3 stars – I found it refreshing to read a suspense book with no bad language, interesting story line. Thank you Linda Hall, there are people out there that appreciate that, I am one of them!
I listened to this on audio, Kristen Potter is great. On to book #2.
Heather
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable. (Grade: B).
Melissa
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Christian mystery. Woman supposedly killed in a sailing accident, PI Teri finds out the truth.
Patricia
Jan 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was just not a book for me. I did not like the dialog--kind of choppy--and I didn't enjoy the "voice" of the main character.
Cindy
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was written near Canada and Maine. I enjoyed the clever style the author wrote about each Character. I love mysteries. I couldn't put the book down until done.
Carol
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good story although a bit uneven at times and needs more character development. Slows down in parts but keeps your interest overall.
Kaiti Laughlin
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: given-to-me
Could not put this book down! Each piece of the puzzle was skillfully put in place. Loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • Rolling Thunder
  • The Shadow Women
  • 40
  • The Witch Tree (Anna Denning Mystery #1)
  • Halos
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor
More about Linda Hall

Teri Blake-Addison (2 books)
  • Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery #2)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrongful Death (David Sloane, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
  • Nineteen Seventy Four
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel