Start by marking “Hunted (Brides of the Kindred, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunted (Brides of the Kindred, #2)

Hunted

(Brides of the Kindred #2)

A desperate girl on the run with nowhere to hide... A warrior who has made a vow never to claim a bride... Sophia Waterhouse is being Hunted and the only man who can save her is the one she fears the most...

Sophia Waterhouse has always been afraid of needles and vampires so there’s no way she wants anything to do with a modern day Count Dracula—even if he does come wrapped
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 466 pages
Published April 29th 2011 by E. A. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Kimberly
Kathryn
Hunted is book 2 in Anderson's erotic sci-fi series. Having read book 1, I am not sure why I read book 2, except that I was in the mood for the type, the book was cheap, and I really wanted to turn off my brain and not think for awhile, which is a large reason why I read these types of books in the first place. I should have learned my lesson with the first book.

This is what I call innocent erotica. It is not my favorite type. The heroine is inexperienced and the final seduction scene nearly ma
Carolyn F.
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Sophia is claustrophobic, scared of needles, scared of blood, scared of heights, big dogs and haunted house carnival rides. Something bad happened in her past, but the way she's freaking out about everything, including squeaking constantly when she accidentally touches a scrape is getting a little irritating. And poor Sylvan, everytime she looks at him it's in fear or terror. Even when he's trying to comfort her after she goes to him!, she still recoils. Why do these brothers have to be torture ...more
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 2-2.5 "Where is the Plot?" Hearts! :/
Alix
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ebooks
Moving right along...

GAH. I think I'm in love. I've got a new genre (and series!) to add to my favourites collection, and man oh man. Slyvan? Good grief. I thought Claimed was good and I was all ZOMGSQUEE about Baird... This is better. Sign me up for one of him, please. Right now.

Evangeline Anderson knows how to do it. It's got an enjoyable plot, fantastic (see the stars in my eyes?) characters, and it's not overtly smutty (though well, let's face it, there's a fucktonne of smut - but it's well
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Hunted 'Hunted' by Evangeline Anderson is book Two in the "Brides of the Kindred" series. This story is about Sophia and Sylvan. This can be a standalone book, but beware that Sophia and Sylvan do meet in book One "Claimed" which is the story of Olivia & Baird. Sophia is Olivia's twin sister and Sylvan is Baird 'half brother'. Sophia and Sylvan are having to interact because of their siblings are getting married and they are in the wedding party. Sophia and Sylvan have met a few times before ...more
willaful
Mixed feelings about this. It was very readable and entertaining in its way -- i.e., as sheer OTT erotic fantasy -- but also had quite a few annoying elements.

1) The basic relationship was very similar to that in the first book: endlessly eager, loving, gorgeous man who wants nothing but to go down on the heroine all night long and TSTL woman who resists him for some dumbass reason for 300 pages (but lets him go down on her). And the resisting is not because he's a benevolent sexist, mind you, w
Maria Dimitrova
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Not much to be said about this book. It had it's moments, especially the ones dealing with the Scourge prophecy but otherwise it was pretty standard. Like most books in the genre the length is inflated by adding unnecessary complications mostly based on the total lack of communication between the main characters. Still it was light and funny book with some hot scenes so it's a great way to relax after more emotionally taxing reads.
Margo - this job thing really screws up my ability to read/review
Summary
Hunted (Brides of the Kindred) is book two in the Earth Girls are Stupid series. This series of books is intertwined so they cannot be read independently. The heroine, Sophie, has a terrible phobia about needles stemming from a childhood illness which leads her to fear all things sharp including the fangs of the alien to which she is secretly attracted. Not sure how she can even manage to handle a knife enough to eat dinner considering the depth of her issues. Sophie's endless anxiety goe
Steph
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
I actually think I enjoyed this book a little bit more than the first one, although I definitely preffered Olivia as a heroine, she was so much stronger. Sophia really started to get on my nerves at times.
What I liked so much about this book was the switches in point of view. It gave us a great opportunity to catch up with past characters and meet new ones whilst still enjoying the main love story. It was fantastic.

Anyhoo,
I just want to say that I absolutely love this cover. Those fangs *s
Heather
Hunted, like it's predecessor, is sub-par sci-fi sprinkled on top of a hot sex/annoying arche-type sundae.

Sophia is weak and spineless. She's afraid of everything. It's probably because she had a traumatic sexual experience when she was younger, so I can empathize with that to some extent. But her irredeemable insipidness? Nope.

Sylvan was more likeable to me than Baird, but I tend to find brooding and emotionally with-drawn bad boys sexy. He seemed to be a bit more refined, and I will admit tha
Jennifer Labelle
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Two scared beings come together, and learn to heal each others hearts but it'll take a lot before they admit their true feelings for one another.

Sophia Waterhouse is deathly afraid of needles. As a young child she became ill and have to undergo several blood transfusions which has scared her mentally. To top it off after the death of her parents she was brutally attacked and has sworn off men until Sylvan enters her life.

Sylvan is a tranq kindred who's made a vow to never take a bride. He believ
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
This is the second installment of this series and I have decided that, so far, I do not like any of the heroines in this series. They are weak. They are annoying. They are slap worthy. Get over it already. This is the story of Sophia, twin to the sister in the first book. The Kindred that she should be mated to, has fangs. Because of a childhood illness, which, the whole history of that is stupid, (her parents would rather her go through several painful transfusion that to have one common surger ...more
K.M. Montemayor
This was even better than Claimed. I couldn't stop laughing. I think it was because Baird always knew what he was saying to Liv was provocative and dirty, whereas Sylvan is being serious as a heart attack. when he makes these outrageous sexual comments. He might as well be reading the Wall Street Journal.

I have to hand it to Ms. Anderson. She has a real gift for making sex NECESSARY FOR SURVIVAL in her stories. I keep reading to see why it is they HAVE to get busy this time.

Favorite Part: The
sparklyunikorn
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
What I liked.
Hero and heroine are tortured souls and I'm sucker for that.

What I disliked.
- It was dragged story with unnecessary addition of subplots.
- Lust in threesomes or more is acceptable but love, no.
- Heroine is quite annoying.
- The over usage of indicating stammer or stutter or unsure "uh" in almost every dialogue.

Sadly, I decided to discontinue the series because I cannot stand excessive usage of 'uh'. It is tiring and irritating to read.
Jen
May 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
I am not sure it was even "just ok". I hated Sophia. I don't think I am have come across a more whiny, stupid heroine in all of my reading. She was the most annoying person ever, to read about.

How disappointing after Claimed being so good. This is only 2 stars becuase of the steamy scenes.
Hayat
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Re-read

Entertaining, over-the-top, silly and full of romantic cliché. Just what I needed. The only downside was the annoying and whinny heroine.
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description

Hunted by Evangeline Anderson
#2 Brides of Kindred Series

This is the second book in the series and although it has Baird and Olivia from the first book involved this book follows Sophia and Sylva.

Sophia Waterhouse is visiting the Kindred mother ship to attend her sister’s Olivia’s wedding and her involvement in the ceremony has her having to kiss Baird’s half-brother Sylvan much to both of their disgust.

Sylvan is a Tranq Kindred, his blonde hair and ice blue eyes are the obvious sign that h
Future Slayer Girl
Evangeline has quickly become one of my favorite authors with this series!

The first book made me question, I overlooked the annoying heroine for the awesome world building and actual storyline.

We first met Sophia in Claimed, she is the twin sister to Olivia. They are totally identical aside from the hair color. Now, in that book you first see the connection between her and Sylvan. You know its there, they sort of unconsciously calm and ease each other worries. We see Sophia as strong albeit a
David
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it
It's hard to believe this has an estimated 472 paperback pages. It flew by like a book half its page count. The entertainment value is very high indeed.

As with the first, the dialog and situations are a mixed bag. I doubt most readers will enjoy every part of this book. But as long as you're a willing participant and your desire to be entertained silences the critical parts of your mind, I think there is a lot to enjoy.

I found Hunted to be more enjoyable than the first book. The action and sexu
Mariana
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Give it a try

read the first book in this series a couple years ago but didn't like it enough to purchase the second one. I re-read it at the beginning of this year and didn't like it any better. I rarely re-read a book, so it didn't seem fair for me to give it three stars.

On a whim, I bought this book anyway, and I enjoyed it waaaay more than the first (which is really closer to a 2 star book).

This book still has great erotic scenes, but it also has character development and plot. Maybe it was t
Pam
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Evangeline Anderson is an excellent author and this book is an amazing example. The story was a fantastic study into the emotional and psychological aspects of of two people hurt by tragedy in their lives and how they overcame their fears. Once again, I could not put this book down. I highly recommend it.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Sophia Waterhouse has always been afraid of needles and vampires so there's no way she wants anything to do with a modern day Count Dracula-even if he does come wrapped in the package of a huge Kindred warrior with blond hair and ice blue eyes. She's only on the Kindred Mothership to participate in her sister Liv's wedding and that's all.

Sylvan is a Tranq Kindred who has made a sacred vow never to call a bride. After a devastating rejection on his home planet, his heart is a block of ice no one
Karen
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance and mystery lovers
I am really enjoying these books so far. They are so well thought out and the characters have such diverse personalities that you cannot help but feel for whatever they are going through. The plots follow a natural progression which allows to follow along even if you have not read the previous. The flow is seamless and allows for better understanding of not only the characters but also situations which are represented. And to make it even better, at least for me, the stories are told from multip ...more
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This was better and worse than book 1. Better because of plot worse because I was looking for smut.

The main character is Sophia (or Sophie) who is twin sister of Olivia from book 1. We can all tell from book 1 where things were going with book 2 just like I can see who books 3 and 4 will be about from this book. Sophia was an annoying character, she had a lot of issues that drove me nuts though her reasons for them were legit. Sophia was (view spoiler)
Debra Johnson
3.5 Stars

The world of the Brides of the Kindred is erotic and passionate. Filled with sensuality and eroticism. You will definitely feel their emotions. The worlds they come from are enticing and remarkable.
My problems with Hunted is the areas of mental dialogue. They are to repetitive and happen to often in the story. I also noticed towards the end of the story editing problems. There are also times the writing becomes a bit to puerile.
Renee Nicole
As I finish the second book in this series, I'm starting to realize just how well this story is working for me. The world that Ms. Anderson has created with the Kindred is done so well, and at just the right pace. I'm thoroughly enjoying the ride.

Hunted is the story of Liv's twin sister Sophia and our resident blonde/fangy honey Sylvan. She's being hunted by the urlich and the AllFather (insert shudder here) throughout the whole book while fighting her developing feelings for the Blood Kindred.
Emily
Sophia Waterhouse finds herself under the care of warrior Sylvan. Sylvan acts a medic on the ship and is loyal to his brother Baird. Wanting everything for his brother and his new bride, he nominates himself to keep Sophie safe as she heads back to Earth. However, the Scourge try to force their craft to their ship which has Sylvan making a choice that could kill them both.

Sophie has been fighting her attraction to Sylvan, as they grow closer she wants to bond with him except one thing. Sylvan i
angela
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!

This book was amazing to read. It really has everything in it, and is completely enthralling. It is extremely sexy, and full of heat. However, I find it well balanced with a great story also. I personally don't care for a book without a good story, even if it's a sexy, hot book. I feel that is where so many writers go wrong when writing sexy books. This is book 2 in the Brides of the Kindred, book 1 was just as good, and I am going to read book 3 in the series now.

I definitely think t
Vickey
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-paranormal
5 Amazing Paranormal stars!!!!

How I just love this series but most off all I loved this book. It was so real. I loved the characters of Sylvan and Sophie.

Sylvan well what can I say??? You get to know him as this cool and collected Blood Kindred and I fell in love with him from the first time he was introduce in book one. You get this feeling that there is a story. The way he loves Sophie is just amazing. I love how he goes into Rage Mode when her life is in danger its so alpha, and I love my al
  • Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
  • Stealing Coal (Cyborg Seduction, #5)
  • Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4)
  • The Demon Slave (Shadow Quest, #2)
  • The Playful Prince (Lords of the Var, #2)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • Alien Mate 2 (Alien Mate, #2)
  • Breeding Ground
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more

Brides of the Kindred (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1)
  • Sought (Brides of the Kindred, #3)
  • Found (Brides of the Kindred, #4)
  • Revealed (Brides of the Kindred, #5)
  • Pursued (Brides of the Kindred, #6)
  • Exiled (Brides of the Kindred, #7)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred,  #8)
  • Chained (Brides of the Kindred, #9)
  • Divided (Brides of the Kindred, #10)
  • Devoured (Brides of the Kindred, #11)
“We may have to mask your scent.” He looked at her soberly. “Did Olivia tell you anything about scent marking?” “Scent marking?” Sophie wracked her brain, trying to remember. It seemed vaguely familiar though she couldn’t remember exactly what it involved. Still, how bad could it be? “Oh, uh, sure. Scent marking.” She nodded. “Good. Because in the last extremity, if I hear the sniffers around this cabin, I may have to scent mark you—to mask your scent with my own.” “Can you do that? I mean, is your scent that much stronger than mine, especially when they’re focused on me?” Sylvan looked down at his hands. “Normally it isn’t but right now…ever since the trip we took in the transport tube…” Sophie thought of the warm, spicy scent that seemed to go to her head, the way it made her react to him… “It’s your mating scent, isn’t it?” she asked in a low voice, not daring to look at him. “Yes.” He sounded ashamed. “But why…” She risked a sidelong glance at him. “Why is it coming out now? I, uh, thought it only happened during the claiming period. But you’re not, um, claiming me or anything. I mean, we’re not… you know.” “I know.” He shook his head. “I don’t understand what’s going on either. We haven’t even been dream sharing. Well, that is, I mean…” He cleared his throat. “I’ve had a few dreams of you. But nothing out of the ordinary.” He glanced at her. “Have you…had any strange dreams?” “No.” Sophie shook her head and a look of mingled disappointment and relief passed over his stern features. “I have been, uh, having problems with my art, though,” she admitted in a low voice. “Problems with your art?” He frowned. “What do you mean?” “I paint,” Sophie explained. “You know—with a paintbrush and easel?” She made a painting motion in the air and his eyes widened. “That was what I dreamed. That you were painting a picture of…of me.” Sophie nearly choked. “But I have been! You’re all I’ve been able to paint lately. Even when I try not to, you always sneak in there. It’s so annoying.” Then she realized what she’d said. “Uh, I mean—” “It doesn’t matter.” Sylvan cut her off, shaking his head. “So we have been dream sharing, in a way.” Sophie” 1 likes
“We may have to mask your scent.” He looked at her soberly. “Did Olivia tell you anything about scent marking?” “Scent marking?” Sophie wracked her brain, trying to remember. It seemed vaguely familiar though she couldn’t remember exactly what it involved. Still, how bad could it be? “Oh, uh, sure. Scent marking.” She nodded. “Good. Because in the last extremity, if I hear the sniffers around this cabin, I may have to scent mark you—to mask your scent with my own.” “Can you do that? I mean, is your scent that much stronger than mine, especially when they’re focused on me?” Sylvan looked down at his hands. “Normally it isn’t but right now…ever since the trip we took in the transport tube…” Sophie thought of the warm, spicy scent that seemed to go to her head, the way it made her react to him… “It’s your mating scent, isn’t it?” she asked in a low voice, not daring to look at him. “Yes.” He sounded ashamed. “But why…” She risked a sidelong glance at him. “Why is it coming out now? I, uh, thought it only happened during the claiming period. But you’re not, um, claiming me or anything. I mean, we’re not… you know.” “I know.” He shook his head. “I don’t understand what’s going on either. We haven’t even been dream sharing. Well, that is, I mean…” He cleared his throat. “I’ve had a few dreams of you. But nothing out of the ordinary.” He glanced at her. “Have you…had any strange dreams?” “No.” Sophie shook her head and a look of mingled disappointment and relief passed over his stern features. “I have been, uh, having problems with my art, though,” she admitted in a low voice. “Problems with your art?” He frowned. “What do you mean?” “I paint,” Sophie explained. “You know—with a paintbrush and easel?” She made a painting motion in the air and his eyes widened. “That was what I dreamed. That you were painting a picture of…of me.” Sophie nearly choked. “But I have been! You’re all I’ve been able to paint lately. Even when I try not to, you always sneak in there. It’s so annoying.” Then she realized what she’d said. “Uh, I mean—” “It doesn’t matter.” Sylvan cut her off, shaking his head. “So we have been dream sharing, in a way.” Sophie felt herself go cold all over. “Does…does that mean you’re going to try to…to claim me? The way Baird claimed Liv?” Oh my God, if he does, if he claims me, then he’ll want to bite me! That’s the way his people do it. She had horror-movie visions of being held down under his muscular bulk, held down and pierced multiple times and in multiple ways. God, his teeth in my throat at the same time he’s inside me, filling me, holding me down and biting and thrusting. He’s so big, so strong—I’d never be able to get away. The horror she felt must have showed on her face, because Sylvan’s voice was rough when he spoke. “Don’t worry, Sophia. Even if I wanted to claim you, I couldn’t.” “Oh right.” She felt a small measure of relief. “Your vow.” “My vow,” he agreed. “Sylvan,” 1 likes