Start by marking “Time Warrior: How to defeat procrastination, people-pleasing, self-doubt, over-commitment, broken promises and Chaos” as Want to Read:

Time Warrior is a revolutionary, non-linear approach for dealing with time, as bold as it is fresh and new. Forget whatever "guidebooks" you may have read on time management or personal productivity. Time Warrior is much more than tips and tricks. Steve Chandler has given us an invitation--as well as a challenge--to become something far greater than we are now. To become, ...more
Published (first published February 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Time Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Warrior

David Hayden
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
I found this book wise, powerful, and extremely helpful. Is it original? I think once you read three or four truly good self-help books, 75% of every self-help after that will be unoriginal with most of the difference being the presentation and emphasis. What works best is what speaks to YOU best. This book covered everything exceptionally well and go to the point without droning on. I liked the Time Warrior metaphor, though that might be too martial for some. This is not a rah-rah self help. It ...more
Sobelius
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lifehacking
I've been using David Allen's "Getting Things Done" (GTD) methodology for over 5 years and it's been a great way to identify the things I need and want to get done. But I've had a gap between the identification and the doing of those things, and I often felt I used GTD as yet another way to avoid the doing of the things I'd identified to do.

This book was the right book at the right time for me. With over 80 chapters, each just a page or two in length, I was able to read the kindle version in sma
Paul
Mar 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This book suffers from what most books in the genre suffer from. The author has an interesting idea and he or she centers the book around it, but there is just not enough of the idea to fill the book. So they just add filler. Time Warrior has this problem and it seems to me that the book could have been executed in 40 chapters instead of 100+ and the reading experience would have been much more enjoyable and the message much more clearer.

I take nothing away from the idea; it is a different appro
Arminda Lindsay
"Today I don't place a lot of value in regretting my past or even trying to understand it. Identifying past patterns and labeling my flaws and weaknesses. Not much value in that because the present moment opportunity disappears while I do that.

How do I want to be NOW? Do I want to finish what I start? I can do that. But I just have to do it. Which is me going on the offensive. Because the best defense is a great offense."

If you're looking for a book that will teach you how to manage your time
Beth Manautou
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stress, productivity
"All fear comes from picturing the future. Putting things off increases that fear. Soon we are nothing but heavy minds weighing down on weary brains. Too much future will do that.

Only a warrior's approach will solve this.

A warrior takes his sword to the future. A warrior also takes his sword to all circumstances that don't allow him to fully focus."

- Steve Chandler from "Time Warrior"

If you find yourself getting overwhelmed with a never ending to do list. There are some great gems in this book t
Christy Cole
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Emma Sea
Nov 16, 2013 marked it as maybe-read
" transmute the base metals of ordinary linear time-consciousness into the gold of the Time Warrior's non-linear vision. "

O_o
Skip
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
This is not a time management book. It's more about life management and personal growth. Each chapter was wonderfully short but holds a volume of information, insight and inspiration.
Angelina
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Ravi Raman
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
An innovative book on time management. If you are expecting to learn tools and strategies for dealing with time issues, you are in for a surprise. This book has none of that. The essence of the book is that when one is able to embrace action in the present moment, procrastination dissolves and time management issues cease. The bite-sized chapters (101 of them, most a couple pages long at most) are insightful and move along quickly. I would have preferred to have fewer chapters that go into more ...more
Liz Brown Saling
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book really saved a project I was heading up that would have been doomed for failure. I got so much from reading this book, and try to keep that laser like focus, the I've got a place to catch mentality. At times I thought there were contradictions but in the end it's about loving yourself, being ruthless with your time allocation, and serving others. So I feel it came together well and has very good, practical advice
Merve
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Procrastination results from not having a solid goal, destination The best productivity comes from having a structured calendar. But, your calendar should consist of small, daily, achievable goals rather than big steps. This way, you will not suffer from an upcoming work deadline when you do what you can do on a daily basis for that work.

These are the main things I got from this book. No particular or totally new information, but it motivated me.
Jan Gogolewski
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Generally a good book. Has some issues with fillers. But probably everyone already noticed.

On the other hand, it has some nice concepts that unfortunately are not further developed. Therefore, in my opinion it is far better to reach for this book when you already know some other popular self-help books.

Anyway good book to pick, maybe not perfect for starters.
Yusif Nabiyev
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy to read. Easy to memorize
Ted Alling
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this guy. Short, insightful, focused chapters to get your mind in the right direction.
Movsar Bekaev
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
It started well, but then... I just had to finish it.
Samuel
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Short, easy read with some good pointers. Hard to follow the thread, a little mushy and rabbly for my taste.
Matt
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was stunned by the ideas presented in this book, because many are extremely simple and seem obvious once you read them, yet they also run counter to much of our conventional wisdom.

One major focus of the book is that we need to re-think the way we handle time. The author emphasizes that we need to focus on one thing at a time and filter out all distractions. Otherwise, we spread our attention too thin, and the distractions make us feel productive and busy while we actually get nothing done.

Ano
Samy
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2012, z-2016
This is probably one of the best-written books I've read. You can almost feel the author speaking to you, and he writes with a certain clarity that breaks beliefs about the meaning of being truly productive and the passage of time. I've read it twice now, and I plan on reading it again in the future because as Brian Tracy has said; "Repetition is the mother of skill."

It isn't a book with tips or tricks per say. Rather, it lays the groundwork for a foundational framework from which we should pro
Farnoosh Brock
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: business-spirit
Disclaimer: I got this book as a gift. I've read other Chandler books. My favorite is The Prosperous Coach. But I'm glad I read this one too.

I listened to this book on audio. The narrator was clearly and crisp, easy to follow and the book is written in a very easy language. The audio is just over 2 hours so it should not take you long to go through it. Why it took me weeks to finish listening and to re-listen to so many parts is beside the point :). Sigh, I just couldn't get into the rhythm of t
Megan
Mar 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
I bought this book late at night, frustrated with myself over my own procrastination - and I assure you that it will not help you in the slightest.

Really the problem with this book is not the content - it is the absolute amateurism in the writing style. There is a complete lack of organization and continuity. There are nearly a hundred "chapters" of the book - each one to two pages - which are honestly just the musings of the author. The book reads like the author is simply talking to one of his
Harry Roger Williams III
Steve Chandler is one of my favorite "gurus." I listen to him when I'm walking and read him when I'm not. The only problem he gives me is that at the end of each book, as I think about what insights to quote, I feel compelled to tell you to "Just read the whole thing - it's all quotable!" He is wise, compassionate, and committed to empowering his reader. He is humble enough to embody his own advice on page 155: "A ruined life is full of funny stories. And if the warrior emerges from it, then all ...more
Christine McCann
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm giving this two stars instead of one, since I actually do want to run through it once more (on 2x speed playback) to jot down some of the more interesting quotes and ideas. However, overall this thing is a mess.

The author promises an intriguing concept: a non-linear approach to time management. What exactly he means by this gets lost in his poorly structured, stream-of-consciousness writing. I gather that he means one should focus on the current moment, rather than fretting about the future.
Peter
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very good read.

The chapters in this book are extremely short - one or two pages, usually. This makes it very easy to read, but some chapters could benefit from more elaboration.

The tone of "Time Warrior" is very conversational. Overall this is helpful, but frankly, many passages could have been written better. A few paragraphs even left me cringing. If the editing were cleaner, I would give it five stars.

I really enjoyed Chandler's message and enthusiasm. He emphasizes that our experience of lif
Begüm Saçak
I like the practical recommendations this book has and the author gives examples from his life so it is obvious that he has experience dealing with procrastination. The book is written in small chapters which makes it easier to read for procrastinators :) The book's point is that there is no such thing as I don't have time but it is more a state of mind related to fear of unknown or failure. But I didn't like the irrelevant chapters in this book one chapter he is talking about procrastination an ...more
Skylar
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Didn't like it. Felt like a waste of time to read and I feel that I didn't come away with anything worthwhile other than a half dozen quotes I wrote down for later.

Essentially a quote book, and the quotes weren't very motivational. His advice is basically "You procrastinate? Stop it. You have low self-esteem? Man up already." If anything, it was *demotivating.* Also, the organization was hard to follow sometimes. The chapters are short, between 1-3 pages usually. However, the chapter "titles" do
Silver Kuklase
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked it. I found some great quotes, my favourite one is this one:
TODAY GIVE ALL THAT YOU HAVE, FOR WHAT YOU KEEP INSIDE, YOU LOSE FOREVER.

Some advice is common sense and I have already readed in other books, but really it is true. There is no magic pill. If you want motivation, just start doing it. For example, if you want to be writer, then write.
Slice away distractions what drain your energy and time.

If you want more money, serve on bigger scale with bigger impact. If you want more love, l
Billy
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I liked the ideas that he shared that are more point of view type things than actual facts. He used alot of short stories to convey different ways to get tasks done.

His opening quote was particularly enlightening.

Bruce Lee said something like "successful people are ordinary folks with laser like focus" that was particularly intriguing.

A good all around read with short quick chapters.

I am a big fan of this author who also wrote a book with the same layout called 100 ways to motivate yourself.

I b
Jary Welker
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time Warrior, and its newer book end sibling, Wealth Warrior, is a classic work that can lead its reader to lose the excuses of victim hood, procrastination, and aimless thinking if they learn and apply one concept; the power and wisdom of action. Whether we feel like doing something, know how to do it, or even know what we want to do, action will cure what ails us. What cross fit is for the physical side Steve Chandler is for the mental and emotional. I highly recommend Steve Chandler's work bu ...more
Suzanne
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
"Stop trying to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. All this thinking is overrated as a motivational force. Doing, on the other hand, is underrated."

That's the basic thrust: Live in the now. Just Do It. Live now, procrastinate later.

Although a bit repetitive, it's a quick read with some wise, inspirational nuggets. And, I must admit, I found myself repeatedly and abruptly putting the book down. Not out of boredom, but to get up and get stuff done.
Favorite concept? 1 2 Dec 01, 2016 08:06PM
  • A Philosopher's Notes: On Optimal Living, Creating an Authentically Awesome Life and Other Such Goodness, Vol. 1
  • Supercoach: 10 Secrets to Transform Anyone's Life
  • The Assertiveness Workbook: How to Express Your Ideas and Stand Up for Yourself at Work and in Relationships
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
  • Unleash the Warrior Within
  • Nine Things Successful People Do Differently
  • Goal Setting: 13 Secrets of World Class Achievers
  • 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones
  • The Power of Eye Contact: Your Secret for Success in Business, Love, and Life
  • Your Inner Awakening: The Work of Byron Katie: Four Questions That Will Transform Your Life
  • Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved
  • Eight Pillars of Prosperity
  • Procrastination: Why You Do It, What To Do About It
  • How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile...and 18 Mistakes to Avoid
  • The Little Guide to Unprocrastination
  • The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done
  • Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love
  • Your Brain and Business: The Neuroscience of Great Leaders
(Arabic: ستيف تشاندلر)
Steve Chandler, bestselling author of 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself, Time Warrior and 30 other books, is known as America's notoriously unorthodox personal growth guru. He has helped thousands of people transform their lives and businesses.

Steve invites you to join his inner circle, the Wealth Warrior Movement, whose sole focus is supporting you in creating greater prosperity
“People who do “lowly” jobs with love and energy find themselves being promoted and offered other “better” jobs very quickly. Because they understand what Robert Frost meant when he said, “The way out is through.” 2 likes
“Management and efficiency studies in the work place tell us that one hour of uninterrupted time is worth three hours of time that is constantly interrupted.” 2 likes