Start by marking “Time Warrior: How to defeat procrastination, people-pleasing, self-doubt, over-commitment, broken promises and Chaos” as Want to Read:

Time Warrior is a revolutionary, non-linear approach for dealing with time, as bold as it is fresh and new. Forget whatever "guidebooks" you may have read on time management or personal productivity. Time Warrior is much more than tips and tricks. Steve Chandler has given us an invitation--as well as a challenge--to become something far greater than we are now. To become, ...more
Published (first published February 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Time Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Warrior

Start your review of Time Warrior: How to defeat procrastination, people-pleasing, self-doubt, over-commitment, broken promises and Chaos
Paul
Mar 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This book suffers from what most books in the genre suffer from. The author has an interesting idea and he or she centers the book around it, but there is just not enough of the idea to fill the book. So they just add filler. Time Warrior has this problem and it seems to me that the book could have been executed in 40 chapters instead of 100+ and the reading experience would have been much more enjoyable and the message much more clearer.

I take nothing away from the idea; it is a different appro
Sobelius
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lifehacking
I've been using David Allen's "Getting Things Done" (GTD) methodology for over 5 years and it's been a great way to identify the things I need and want to get done. But I've had a gap between the identification and the doing of those things, and I often felt I used GTD as yet another way to avoid the doing of the things I'd identified to do.

This book was the right book at the right time for me. With over 80 chapters, each just a page or two in length, I was able to read the kindle version in sma
David Hayden
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
I found this book wise, powerful, and extremely helpful. Is it original? I think once you read three or four truly good self-help books, 75% of every self-help after that will be unoriginal with most of the difference being the presentation and emphasis. What works best is what speaks to YOU best. This book covered everything exceptionally well and go to the point without droning on. I liked the Time Warrior metaphor, though that might be too martial for some. This is not a rah-rah self help. It ...more
Arminda Lindsay
"Today I don't place a lot of value in regretting my past or even trying to understand it. Identifying past patterns and labeling my flaws and weaknesses. Not much value in that because the present moment opportunity disappears while I do that.

How do I want to be NOW? Do I want to finish what I start? I can do that. But I just have to do it. Which is me going on the offensive. Because the best defense is a great offense."

If you're looking for a book that will teach you how to manage your time
Tiffany
A good one for morning reading for any creative, entrepreneur, people pleaser, or procrastinator.

Super short chapters. I read a few each day. Didn’t pack the punch that The Prosperous Coach did, but still worth a read.

Wagner is able to deliver easy and accessible concepts in a way that are super digestible and immediately actionable. The content is mostly good reminders bundled together in an easy to read format. There are some interesting ideas about exploring non-linear time, an idea I’ve be
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“People who race out ahead of life are falling down on the dance floor. They are living in their own future, which is where fear lives. But when you slow down to master this present moment, life gets fearless.”
Beth Manautou
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: productivity, stress
"All fear comes from picturing the future. Putting things off increases that fear. Soon we are nothing but heavy minds weighing down on weary brains. Too much future will do that.

Only a warrior's approach will solve this.

A warrior takes his sword to the future. A warrior also takes his sword to all circumstances that don't allow him to fully focus."

- Steve Chandler from "Time Warrior"

If you find yourself getting overwhelmed with a never ending to do list. There are some great gems in this book t
Christy Cole
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lindsay
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This book contains valuable advice about non-linear time management and how to shape your thinking toward action. I expect to refer to it in the future. But it’s not well written or well organized. Comprised of a hundred short chapters, the writing feels unrefined, but the ideas are there: Take action now, do the thing you’re worrying about now, stop worrying about what other people think. Essentially, stop being a victim and take action.
Skip
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
This is not a time management book. It's more about life management and personal growth. Each chapter was wonderfully short but holds a volume of information, insight and inspiration.
Emma Sea
Nov 16, 2013 marked it as maybe-read
" transmute the base metals of ordinary linear time-consciousness into the gold of the Time Warrior's non-linear vision. "

O_o
Angelina
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Cd
Jun 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hate to give bad reviews but here I can't help it. It's a book I wanted to read for a long time and I'm so disappointed. I don't even finished yet but I'm in chapter 23 and I'm already confused. Very small chapters (it could be ok but here it doesn't give time to develop any ideas), very common ideas hidden behind a warrior and "New Age" vocabulary, not so much concrete help or advice. I'll go through the book in hope it gets better by the end but I'm very disappointed.

Edit : ok I decided to p
Stephanie
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Listened to it on audiobook-very short chapters and recommended by Amy F. via text, following her sharing of Byron Katie's children's book. She said it was her favorite and she's reread it 3 times and she doesn't usually reread books. I liked the 3-minute rule as well as making a game of deadlines and just starting something and staying in the moment so you're not overwhelmed. Probably appreciated some of his "teaching" or coaching in that he's from Michigan and used a UofM/MSU example, and then ...more
Ravi Raman
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
An innovative book on time management. If you are expecting to learn tools and strategies for dealing with time issues, you are in for a surprise. This book has none of that. The essence of the book is that when one is able to embrace action in the present moment, procrastination dissolves and time management issues cease. The bite-sized chapters (101 of them, most a couple pages long at most) are insightful and move along quickly. I would have preferred to have fewer chapters that go into more ...more
Merve
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Procrastination results from not having a solid goal, destination The best productivity comes from having a structured calendar. But, your calendar should consist of small, daily, achievable goals rather than big steps. This way, you will not suffer from an upcoming work deadline when you do what you can do on a daily basis for that work.

These are the main things I got from this book. No particular or totally new information, but it motivated me.
Liz Brown Saling
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book really saved a project I was heading up that would have been doomed for failure. I got so much from reading this book, and try to keep that laser like focus, the I've got a place to catch mentality. At times I thought there were contradictions but in the end it's about loving yourself, being ruthless with your time allocation, and serving others. So I feel it came together well and has very good, practical advice
Matt Hulse
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: improvement
While I found some good nuggets in this content, I had a hard time finding any flow in the writing. It wasn't so much of a book as it was a collection of paragraphs put side by side, each in their own chapter. Some of the thoughts/chapters were helpful and some were so ridiculous I literally raised my eyebrows. On a logistical note, I was annoyed that there was no ebook option. I opted for the audio book.
Jan Gogolewski
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Generally a good book. Has some issues with fillers. But probably everyone already noticed.

On the other hand, it has some nice concepts that unfortunately are not further developed. Therefore, in my opinion it is far better to reach for this book when you already know some other popular self-help books.

Anyway good book to pick, maybe not perfect for starters.
Louise
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Direct, humorous, and insightful, this book is a fast read with Steve Chandler's trademark short chapters. But it's worth reading again and again, just to really start integrating the ideas and insights. I know I will. Loved this pocket-sized edition too - perfect for carrying around and reading a chapter when I had a couple of minutes.
Samuel
Dec 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Short, easy read with some good pointers. Hard to follow the thread, a little mushy and rabbly for my taste.
Ted Alling
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this guy. Short, insightful, focused chapters to get your mind in the right direction.
Yusif Nabiyev
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy to read. Easy to memorize
Maiysha Nicholas
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Informative
Steve McHenry
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really opened my eyes on to how to manage my time, and by doing so, to take control of my life.
Brady Giles
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Nicholas A
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Probably the only serious book on productivity you'd ever need.
Jean Hamer
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a traditional time management book, it focuses more on your state of mind than tips/tricks/organization. I found it very helpful and easy to read.
Movsar Bekaev
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
It started well, but then... I just had to finish it.
Samy
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of the best-written books I've read. You can almost feel the author speaking to you, and he writes with a certain clarity that breaks beliefs about the meaning of being truly productive and the passage of time. I've read it twice now, and I plan on reading it again in the future because as Brian Tracy has said; "Repetition is the mother of skill."

It isn't a book with tips or tricks per say. Rather, it lays the groundwork for a foundational framework from which we should pro
« previous 1 3 next »
Favorite concept? 1 2 Dec 01, 2016 08:06PM

• The Motive: Why So Many Leaders Abdicate Their Most Important Responsibilities
  • The Practicing Mind: Bringing Discipline and Focus into Your Life
  • Willpower Doesn't Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success
  • Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less
  • F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way
  • Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement
  • Juliet's School of Possibilities: A Little Story about the Power of Priorities
  • Maximize Your Potential Through the Power of your Subconscious Mind to Create Wealth and Success: Book 2
  • The Bottom of the Pool: Thinking Beyond Your Boundaries to Achieve Extraordinary Results
  • The Power of a Positive No: How to Say No and Still Get to Yes
  • No: The Only Negotiating System You Need for Work and Home
  • The Code. the Evaluation. the Protocols: Striving to Become an Eminently Qualified Human
  • Blood Lure (Anna Pigeon, #9)
  • The Lives of a Cell: Notes of a Biology Watcher
  • Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone
  • How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling
  • Collaboration Begins with You: Be a Silo Buster
  • The Mulligan: A Parable of Second Chances
(Arabic: ستيف تشاندلر)
Steve Chandler, bestselling author of 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself, Time Warrior and 30 other books, is known as America's notoriously unorthodox personal growth guru. He has helped thousands of people transform their lives and businesses.

Steve invites you to join his inner circle, the Wealth Warrior Movement, whose sole focus is supporting you in creating greater prosperity