Start by marking “A Bedtime Story” as Want to Read:
A Bedtime Story

A Bedtime Story

Bedtime is the perfect time to read a story, and that's exactly what Polly and Bed Rabbit want to do. Are Mom and Dad ready? From one of the most popular authors writing for young children today, this timely and important message about families reading together is also a wonderfully warm and satisfying nightime read. Full color.
Published September 1st 1996 by Mondo Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Bedtime Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bedtime Story

Luisa Knight
Jun 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
I kind of get it?? Maybe?? The parents keep reading until they are sure their child has done all of their nightly duties and is *really* ready for bed before pulling themselves away from their own books to read a bedtime story. But, ...is it something you want to make a story about? What's the message: mommy and daddy love their books too much, so make sure you're ready before we get there? Hmm.

Ages: 3 - 7

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports
Sean Harding
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I guess it could be summarised as the family that reads together stays together? Anyway a book that in a not so surreptitious manner promotes reading and reading together and reading with and to children, so even if the execution is not fully there, the idea behind the storyline is noble and with considering. I wonder if there has ever been a study done on reading as families and family happiness and satisfaction?
Hannah Groeschen
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bedtime-books
I liked the repetition and parallel structure in the story. I liked how the story showed how reading is fun and entertaining; however, I didn't like that the parents continued reading their books as the child was asking if someone would come read him a bedtime story.
Mary
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, bedtime, jp
hmm. This reminds me of the description of the tv show seinfeld as being a show about nothing.

I like the emphasis on reading, but find it a little odd that the only thing the parents seem to do with the child is read her to sleep. Otherwise, they are so involved in their own reading they don't pay attention to her.

Well, it is a kids' book and it is cute and a lovely quiet, soft bedtime story, so why am I making a mountain out of a molehill!
Savannah Shields
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This book is a great bedtime story just as the title says! It is about a young girl who uses her bunny to answer all the questions her parents ask her about getting ready for bed before they will read her a story. Its cute because it is the same thing my daughter does to me at night before she goes to bed. It also shows just how important it is to read and get children in routines at night.
Bonnie Pohlig
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love how this book demonstrates parents modeling reading for their children. The child keeps asking her parents to come in to read to her, but they are both so into their own books that they keep coming up with things she hasn't done yet to get ready for bed.
R.J.
Joanna And
Apr 25, 2016
Beverly
Oct 02, 2017
Mem Fox was born in Australia, grew up in Africa, studied drama in England, and returned to Adelaide, Australia in 1970, where she has lived with her husband, Malcolm, and daughter Chloë, happily ever after.

Mem Fox is Australia’s most highly regarded picture-book author. Her first book, Possum Magic, is the best selling children’s book ever in Australia, with sales of over three million. And in th