Start by marking “I Zandramas spår (Sagan om Mallorea, #4)” as Want to Read:
I Zandramas spår (Sagan om Mallorea, #4)

I Zandramas spår (The Malloreon #4)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  35,670 Ratings  ·  215 Reviews
I sviten Sagan om Mallorea fortsätter kampen mellan gott och ont, en kamp som man trodde var avslutad när guden Aldurs magiska sten äntligen återbördats. Också i denna serie, som är en fortsättning på Sagan om Belgarion, står den unge Garion i centrum, nu tillsammans med sin hustru Ce'Nedra och deras son.
Published 1989 by Wahlströms Fantasy

To ask other readers questions about I Zandramas spår, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Zandramas spår

MrsJoseph
I find it rather strange that The Belgariad and The Malloreon are my favorite series. I read this series every year [at least] but I still see so many in the way women are characterized. But it’s still my favorite series. When I have reading slumps or I’m feeling out of sorts, this is the series that I always turn to. I see it’s faults (characterization, slow pace, repetition, etc) but I still love it. And I recommend it (to people who like old school Fantasy) quite often. So even though a lot o ...more
Jane Jago
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warming up nicely now. But I still wish Garion had a bit more side to him...
Nate
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fluffy, silly, and fun

The Malloreon books are, let's be honest, not incredibly well written. All the main characters have started to sound the same, they all use the same idioms and expressions, and things got far too well for them. It's like a band of Mary Sues.

I still love this book.

It's fun to read, the events and writing are fun and good enough to be enjoyable. It's not war and peace, but it's still a fun read.
Jonel Boyko
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-rlftci-2016
I love the in depth history and geography that Eddings develops here. I could easily picture travelling alongside the characters while they were on their quest. The sense of inevitability was inescapable. The different uses of the will & the world kept me entertained as the increasing intensity of the plot had me glued to the pages.

The characters were a lot of fun too. I truly enjoyed the time I spent with them. I love how each of them stood out on their own, yet really fit together as a gr
Sam
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
As the fourth in the Malloreon series this book sees things get serious, setting up the characters and the story for the finale to come. Here our intrepid crew manage to uncover an undamaged version of the Ashabine Oracles, a vital piece of the puzzle that leads them to the next stage in their quest and the very thing that allows Garion to see the truth behind what he might have to sacrifice to stop Zandramas' plans. As our heroes continue their quest war breaks out amongst the various factions ...more
Michelle
May 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the Bellgraid and the Malloreon about 10 years ago now, so my memory isn't up to a synopsis of the series or anything, but I did highly enjoy them then, they still grace my shelves now, and I hope to reread them in the near future.

These books are great for the reader that enjoys fantasy series reading (so if you prefer a one off, try something else). They develop an amazing story and history that kept me engaged. The two series are intimately related/connected. The world is more of a high
Denae Christine
Out of all the battles they had, someone finally got injured! Bruised. For a couple days. And it wasn't even an important character.
Okay, so I find books more interesting when characters have to struggle through injuries every now and then.

Very repetitive. Attacks, storms, lots of traveling, any problems are solved in a chapter or two. It felt like a bunch of miniature episodes of adventure instead of one super-duper long one. Not even a middling sized one. If they had come up against the demons
Mattias
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Eddings Sagan om Mallorea är ett intressant verk och mot slutet av serien blir det väldigt tydligt att ingen av böckerna står sig speciellt bra för sig själva. Att hela serien är ett verk som ska betraktas och läsas tillsammans är inte ovanligt, men extra tydligt i det här fallet. I takt med att berättelsen knyts ihop och upplösningen nalkas så förklaras också mycket av de händelser och skeenden som byggt upp de tidigare böckerna. Lite oväntat, men det här är en bra bok, och lämnar en spänd förv ...more
Mollie Clarke
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fitting lead up to the final book. A lot happens in this book, some of which will be a interesting but pleasant surprise to the reader. Nearing the end of their journey Garion and his friends find themselves in a lot of sticky situations in this book. An enjoyable and exciting read for a book which may be considered the hardest to get right. I can't wait to read the last and final book of the series.
Matt Braymiller
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-reread
Of the five book in the Malloreon series, this one is probably the slowest. SO many things need to happen, and Eddings shoved many of them into this volume to set up the final confrontation in the last book. As such, this one can be a bit disjointed in its pacing. But, it has the epic scene with Durnik in it, so of course I like it. On to the last book! I wonder if it will end the same way as the last time I read it?
Alan Gallagher
Jul 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I read these books as a kid and they were great then. As I've grown older, I've noticed the detracting factors from the quality of writing to the originality of the story - but my nostalgia wins through. This series - The Mallorean - does not have as many good qualities as the first, but again, nostaglia. This series will always be a classic for me. Will update once I've read them again.
Gabriel Salter
The writing style is good, the humor is still there, but the plot is flat. It's just the same old characters, doing the same old things they've been doing for nine books now, and I really don't care that much about them anymore. Entertaining enough to read, but only if you have nothing better to do.
 ☆Ruth☆
Still very much enjoying this five-book series and now look forward to the final denouement in the last of this epic.
For anyone thinking of reading the Malloreon I would suggest you get the whole set, since each book is a continuation of the story and they are more like five parts of the whole, than separate books.
Nov 11, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Have I mentioned how nifty it is to have the Main Evil Guy be, in fact, a woman? And not a shriveled old crone of a woman, even?

I didn't know Leigh Eddings died in February of this year. Thank you, Leigh, for making sure we got as many good female characters as males in these series.
Megan
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: david-eddings
The fourth book of the Malloreon does not disappoint! I cannot wait to read the exciting conclusion.
Elizabeth Streten
The Belgariad and Malloreon are wonderful series that can happily be read and re-read time and time again.
Vendela
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gosh this is when he really got predictable. Some good moments though.
Shannon
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
This was a fantastic book ( book four of the Mallorean by David Eddings) and would deffinently recommend this to everyone. It is an older book but it still captured my mind and heart
David Sarkies
Aug 16, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who really really want to read fantasy
Recommended to David by: My Auntie
Another Modern Fantasy Novel
16 August 2012

Okay, I have probably got to the point now where I really do not know what to write about a book. It is strange because I managed to get through all of Piers Anthony's books without coming to a stumbling block, but with these series I have finally run out of steam. People seem to like this book, and if they do then more power to them. I must admit that when I read this book I did enjoy it but when I look back on it now I sort of wonder how it was that I
Joanne
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy
Originally posted on Once Upon a Bookcase.

Sorceress of Darshiva by David Eddings continues Garion and his companion's quest to find his son, Geran, heading towards the final meeting between the Child of Light and the hild of Dark. I'm glad to say there are a lot fewer instances of misogyny and sexism in this one, which I'm glad about as the Demon Lord of Karanda really angered me.

In my review of the last book, I mentioned that I was starting to miss the characters that were a part of Garion's fi
Brian
This book is the fourth of 'The Mallorean' series, a sequel to Eddings' 'Belgariad' series, and as such includes all the major characters of that previous series albeit several years later, plus several new ones.

The plotline is surpringsly similar to the first series: something important has been stolen and Garion and his friends must traverse the world to recover it lest the world be destroyed.

In this case the important thing is Garion's new-born son, who has been abducted by a Grolim preistess
Tova
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book storywise, you're really starting to see the end of the story. But I still have some feminist problems with this. It could be forgiven by stating it basically takes place during the medieval times where women simply were the ones who made food and such. But the men are so annoyed at having to *gasp* help with the dishes or get more water for bathing, that it bothers me.
Susan
I am writing the same review for the entire Malloreon as it is nearly impossible to pick out each book from the series as if it were a stand alone novel; they all tie together and build on one another.

For me, this series was not as good as the Belgariad. In part, I think, the opinion is a function of the fact that I was several years older reading the Malloreon than reading the Belgariad. However, even as I re-read occasionally as an adult I think the first series was better than the second.

Gene
Strangerealms
Jul 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I really enjoy reading these books, they have everything that make a good book: great well characterized characters, great story, good dark humor, great witty dialogues, packed with adventure and travels, great created world with each race, etc. Even though one may be scared of the 5 books to read they actually read too fast for my taste. I've heard some complaining that the books are too "light" but I like it this way. It's a serie I love rereading and being thrown back into with these deliciou ...more
Andrew Wilson
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As the bestselling THE Mallorean series contnues, Garion is pursuing Zandramas, in the form of a great dragon flying over them, across the known world. With the forces of evil threatening on both sides, Garion still had to get to the Place Which Is No More, as the Seeress of Kell had warned, but they had no idea where that might be....

### From Publishers Weekly

The wizard and shape-changer Belgarion continues his quest against evil in the land of Mallorea. "Eddings depicts a complex, believabl

Lizza11
Wauw, van spanningsopbouw heeft meneer Eddings wel pap van gegeten, wat doet hij dat in elk boek toch weer goed. Dit is het een na laatste boek in deze epische serie en nog steeds weten ze niet waar ze uiteindelijk heen moeten. Ze komen maar stapje voor stapje dichterbij en hun groep was nog steeds niet compleet.

Ik vind het ook leuk dat er zoveel verschillende (nieuwe) personen in de groep zitten. Hoewel ik Barak en Mandorallen ook erg leuk vond, zijn Sadi en Zakath toch ook erg interessant, ov
Sabine
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am I rereading David Eddings' books in the wrong order just for the hell of it ? Yes. Does it matter ? No, cause I've read this thing a thousand times. I still love it. BUT.
Rereading it paying more attention to how women, those series really aren't the best. I mean, in this one,we are supposed to find it normal that Eriond (who is basically a child or a young boy with no training with weaponry) is putting himself in front of Polgara and Ce'Nedra to protect them from someone while the other fight
Dark-Draco
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fourth book in the series - Garion is still chasing Zandramas, hoping to get his son back, but the prophecies are working on making sure he only does so when the time is right. From the island on Melcena, they travel slowly towards Kell, the one place where they can find out where the Place Which Is No More actually is. On the way, they find a copy of the Ashabine Oracles that neither Torak nor Zandramas tampered with, but what they learn there only adds to their worries, especially as Torak ...more
Werehare
Aug 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantatrash
2/10

[Recensione dell'intera serie]
Non è attivamente demente come tanti altri suoi colleghi, e questa è la fine dei suoi pregi. Solito polpettone rimasticato fino alla nausea, straripante di dei e mostri puzzoni e palle di fuoco ed eroi maschi bianchi etero cis come neanche una partita di D&D, tenuto insieme da una prosa goffa e inforigurgitosa (pur se non mancano momenti ironici), zeppa di virgole tra soggetto e verbo. Garion è il classico Gary Stue che insegna a tutti a fare tutto, Ce'Nedra
Redax
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Il libro narra le vicende di viaggio dei nostri eroi, con il solito stile di Eddings: scorrevole, ma vuoto.
Diversamente dalla maggior parte degli altri libri della serie, questo contiene qualche spunto interessante, come ad esempio la risposta alla domanda tormentone "Ma perch�� sempre io?" che il protagonista continua a riproporre da 9 libri (nove!). Adesso che ha trovato la risposta, il testimone passa ad un altro dei personaggi.
La trama �� debole: quando c'�� una situazione difficile o imposs
The Nerd Herd: Sorceress of Darshiva 1 4 Feb 22, 2014 01:52PM
  • Prince of the Blood (Krondor's Sons, #1)
  • The Elf Queen of Shannara (Heritage of Shannara, #3)
  • The Prophet of Akhran (Rose of the Prophet, #3)
  • The Star Scroll (Dragon Prince, #2)
  • Faery Lands Forlorn (A Man of His Word, #2)
David Eddings was an American author who wrote several best-selling series of epic fantasy novels. David Eddings' wife, Leigh Eddings, was an uncredited co-author on many of his early books, but he had later acknowledged that she contributed to them all.

David Eddings' first books (which were general fiction) sold moderately well. He later switched to writing epic fantasy, a field in which he achie
More about David Eddings...

The Malloreon (5 books)
  • Guardians of the West (The Malloreon, #1)
  • King of the Murgos (The Malloreon, #2)
  • Demon Lord of Karanda (The Malloreon, #3)
  • The Seeress of Kell (The Malloreon, #5)

“Isn't it easier to forgive than to hate?
-Eriond”
52 likes
“Belgarath turned back to Senji. “All right,” he said. “The Sardion came to Zamad. How?”
“It’s said to have fallen out of the sky.”
“They always do,” Beldin said. “Someday I’d like to see something rise up out of the earth –just for the sake of variety.”
48 likes