Start by marking “علم نفسك التفكير” as Want to Read:
علم نفسك التفكير

علم نفسك التفكير

Our happiness and success depend on clear thinking. But too many of us are compromised by confusion, trying to do too much at once, and not knowing what to do next.

In Teach Yourself to Think, Edward de Bono shows that good thinking depends on a simple five-stage process that anyone can learn. It will enable you to assess your goals, sort available information, identify the
287 pages
Published (first published 1995)

Start your review of علم نفسك التفكير
Sanjay Gautam
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Except for advertising his other books, this book is a great and an easy read.
Zawani
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You are locked in a room. You desperately want to get out. You want freedom. Your feelings are very strong. Which is the more useful, this very strong feeling or a key to the lock?

Feelings without the means to carry them out are not much good. At the same time, the key without the desire to leave the room is also not much good.

We need values, feelings amd thinking.
Feeling is no substitute for thinking.
Thinking without values is aimless.
Values and feelings are equally important but insufficient w
Pritesh
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good book with lot of practicality
i doesnt help you at first but when you grasp the concepts its like a mindfire
it hepls you thinking clearer and makes thinking enjoyable
i used to hate thinking at first and i didnt think at all but now it helps me building me my own hobby clean and clear thinking with lot of enjoyment .
i m still reading the book i haven't applied all the concepts thaught.
but up to now its amazing resource for thinkers
Dylan Taylor
Nov 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Good ideas presented in a simple and understandable way. The downside was the lack of references to anything other then his own work, constant sales pitches to his other books and an author who believes he is innovative and new, telling the reader that nothing new has been done in thinking since Socrates until his books. He often makes claims with no evidence to support them, mainly in regards to his achievements. Throughout the book there are random snippets of his achievements that often seem ...more
Kavin Xavier
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of wonderful book that gives frame works for thinking.The frame work given in this book helps make better decisions out of the possibilities .He shares valuable insight that helps reader to think better,transforming decisions into actions.
Alaa
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
It's more like (Teach your self how to solve problems) rather than (think) ...more
Soh
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book I can't live without this year

If I were to pick a book that I would regret not reading, it would have to be "Teach yourself to think" by Edward De Bono.

Why this book? On hindsight, this book has changed my life in many ways. It helped me discover why all the ideas that I used to have were not able to come to fruition. It gave me a practical framework that I could apply to my work.

What is the wondrous Framework?

It could be summarised in this brilliant and intuitive acronym below.

TO =
Sweetin
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book

Good book to enhance your thinking capability. You have to read several time to understand the concept in details. One thing i have noticed is that it is less motivational. We need to generate our own motivation to read the book.
Shonna Froebel
Bought this for business management class.
Nothing mind-shattering here.
Donated my copy to the library
Adam Machońko
Mar 16, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was going to write a paper on reasoning and thinking and as i was approaching the end of it I thought it may be useful to check if there is something i may have omitted. This book turned out to be a complete waste of time and a catastrophe. There are no references, author is describing obvious, common-sense things but uses so many examples as if it was the most difficult thing to understand. A utterly horrible book
M Zaheeruddin
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its more like a practice book. You have to generate different examples in your mind to understand more clearly and practice the concepts. I feel it should be read more than once if you want to get benefit out of your reading.
Aftabhussain
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harish B
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book in thinking. de Bono gives a framework to get your grey cells to fire up efficiently.
Loin Heart
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i want to read this book
Lai Man
A bit dry
Kogilavany Yathamaniam
It is a good book.. I only understood the concept towards the end.. Planning to read it again..
haianhnc
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a model to think, seem hard to practice without mentor.
Sufia
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edward de Bono's Teach Yourself To Think is more of a step-by-step guide (through The Five Stages of Thinking). ...more
Heather Dawn Stowell
Decades later, I find myself still using his 6 Thinking Hats technique. This was a good reminder to use these more often
Ali
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it is a good thought provoking book.
Virginia Rand
Jan 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It has a few good ideas, un-evidenced of course, but they probably would have fitted in a pamphlet or small booklet. This book is repetitive and blatantly up-selling, and there are much better resources out there.
Antti Palmén
Quite a heavy read leaving you a feeling thinking should be more complex that it is. A lot of repetition in the text, explaining same things multiple times with very little difference. A book defending itself against critics is a bit questionable too.. Still had some ok points and gave some good ideas about thinking process, but could be way lighter.
Kyrsten ^.^
Interesting book and easy to read. Several usable methods can be found in it for everyday life too (not just for researchers). I'm giving a neutral 3* and will re-rate when I have read others in this topic.

Peter
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: en
Terribly boring and confusing. The examples given are very vague and sometimes silly. The author keeps referring to his other books, it feels like a pitch to the reader to buy those books as well. And what bugs me the most: there are no references in the book to literature about thinking...
Abe Hanara
May 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Helpful step by step book. A little complex or scientific in his writing style. Generally understandable.
Mahmoud Degheidy
i was told that it is one of the greatest self-help books.Therefore, i am going to read it to discover what makes it that special?
Bibhu Ashish
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Book to set you start thinking in a structured way.Not sure if this book teaches you how to think but it almost gives you a framework about thinking in a structured way.
Franciscus Sung
So far... still enjoy the reading
Pritesh
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fantastic
Natya Nauri
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty simple, understandable, and applicable :)

• The Ego and the Id
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • Bad Science
  • Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness
  • How to Become a Better Negotiator
  • The Cyber Effect: An Expert in Cyberpsychology Explains How Technology Is Shaping Our Children, Our Behavior, and Our Values--and What We Can Do About It
  • ابن عضلاتك المالية : تسعة تمارين سهلة لتحسين علاقتك بالمال
  • Customers for Life: How to Turn That One-Time Buyer Into a Lifetime Customer
  • سبع شخصيات تسمم حياتكم
  • Why Men Lie And Women Cry
  • مصيدة التشتت : كيف تركز في فوضى العالم الرقمي
  • Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
Edward de Bono is a Maltese physician, author, inventor, and consultant. He is best known as the originator of the term lateral thinking (structured creativity) and the leading proponent of the deliberate teaching of thinking in schools.