Start by marking “Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)

Seeds of Rebellion

(Beyonders #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  24,639 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews
The second epic installment of Brandon Mull’s #1 New York Times bestselling fantasy series!

After the cliffhanger ending of A World Without Heroes, Jason is back in the world he’s always known—yet for all his efforts to get home, he finds himself itching to return to Lyrian. Jason knows that the shocking truth he learned from Maldor is precious information that all of his
Published March 13th 2012 by Aladdin (first published March 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Seeds of Rebellion, please sign up.
Nathan THIS BOOK IS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·  24,639 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews

Ahmad Sharabiani
Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2), Brandon Mull
After Jason succeeds in finding a way back to Lyrian, he's immediately in more danger than ever. Meanwhile, Rachel and the others have made their own progress--as well as discovered new enemies. As the group ultimately rejoins, they strive to convince their most needed ally to join the war and form a rebellion strong enough to triumph against the emperor.
عنوانها: بذرهای شورش؛ بذرهای قیام؛ نویسنده: براندون مول؛ تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز چهارم ماه ژوئن
Natalie
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
By the end I was almost ready to give this book five stars. The concluding chapter packed a powerful emotional punch.

I think what I love most about Brandon Mull's books is that it's easily believable. There is no wasted space on boring histories of the world, Lyrian just...is. It exists, Jason and Rachel are there, displacers, manglers, Edomic....it all seems perfectly natural. I felt like I understood the world perfectly. Sometimes fantasy series spend so much time trying to explain the world,
Heather
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
This world is so rich, so fun, and Brandon Mull's imagination is so vast that I kept thinking, "This book should be better."

And when I was reminded of the language of this book as I read "The Magic Treehouse" to my 4 year old, I decided that what Brandon Mull really has is an editing problem.

His editor for Fablehaven is not the same as for this series, and I just can't help but think that this is the main problem. The sentence structures are inconsistent, with language ranging from cluttered and
Audrey
Brandon has a very active, creative imagination. All kinds of strange things show up in these books. There’s lots of adventure and good characters, though it felt a little slow at times.
May 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy readers
Brandon Mull has created an amazing world, and some amazing races. I think that as far as fantasy worlds go, this is one of the best laid out and most imaginative. The different people and food descriptions are so detailed, I feel like I am there meeting them, eating the food, and saving the world.

So, why only three stars? I have been having a difficult time connecting with the characters. Something I loved about the Fablehaven series that Brandon Mull wrote was that the characters and world we
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.75/5 stars

Since i have no template for my reviews over here, i will have to do this without it.

I always went pass these books in my bookstore. Both in my language and in english. I decided I wanted to read the english version more. I do not regret my decision. I loved both first and second book. I hope the third book will prove to be a satisfying conclusion. Then i am sure i will buy the whole set on my language for sure.

This book does not suffer from bridge book effect. It was
Zahra Rhm
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
دنیای جادویی که نویسنده ساخته بود، جالب بود. موجودات جالب و جدید که توی کتابای دیگه مثل اونا رو ندیده بودم. مثل پیوندزن ها که اجزای بدن شون قابل جدا کردن بود، یا مردم دونه دار که با کاشته شدن دونه شون عمر مجدد میکردن و...
شخصیت ها هم جالب بودن. مخصوصا جیسون. نکته جالب اینه که جیسون هیچ نیروی جادویی یا خاصی نداره. (چیزی که توی داستان های فانتزی نوجوانانه خیلی پیش نمیاد.) اما میتونه مثل یک قهرمان رفتار کنه؛ دوستانش رو همراهی میکنه؛ بهشون انگیزه میده. جیسون وارد دنیای ماورایی شده که با میل خودش مجدد
Mary Grace Nakao
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Full review found here: Three Blank Pages ;)

Brandon Mull has done it again! Just when I thought things couldn't get better after reading the first book, Mr. Mull did a finer job with this one. It was really exciting and really hard to put down. While I was reading it, I was torn between the decision of finishing the book and to literally force myself to put it down, for the fear of having it to end. But of course, my curiosity got a better hold of me so I ended up finishing it. IT WAS WORTH IT.
Michelle Isenhoff
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I’ve been waiting exactly a year for the second Beyonders book. I read A World Without Heroes at family camp last year. This year I checked out Seeds of Rebellion to read at camp once again. We leave today but, ahem, I finished the book last night. Drat! I did have a little trouble recalling details from the first book. People and places were mentioned that I couldn’t remember right away, but most of the time I figured them out through context. I fear I’ll have the same trouble next time; the fi ...more
Steph
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, 2-stars
I really, really wanted to love this, but... I didn't :(

I was a huge fan of Brandon Mull's Fablehaven and enjoyed his first Beyonders novel. I was excited to check out his next book, and freaked out when I received this in the mail, my very first ARC :) . Unfortunately, the problems that started with the first book persisted through the second, and I found it difficult to finish.

My main issue was the character development, or lack of, I should say. The author seemed to skip over his characters t
Cintya Larasinta
Jason kembali ke rumah, setelah kembali dari petualangannya di Lyrian. Tetapi mengetahui Rachel masih di Lyrian dan kemungkinan bahaya bagi Rachel, Jason segera saja ingin menyelamatkan Rachel dan kembali lagi ke Lyrian, Jason berhasil menyeberang kembali ke Lyrian dengan cara yang sama seperti sebelumnya terakhir kali - melalui mulut hippo. Sementara itu, Rachel sedang mengembangkan bakat magis (sihir), dan jelas dia memiliki lebih banyak potensi dari siapa pun. Jason Walker juga harus bertemu ...more
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{December 11th, 2014} FINALLY

“Do us all a favor and toss your mouth overboard.”

2.5 Stars not really that sorry.

When I finally finished reading this I was wheezing, I hadn't noticed I had held my breath as I just blasted through these pages like mad because it was just that painful of a read. How is this STILL flat? Already had low expecations set by the first book but this just maintained and dragged it into the we're-gotta-need-a-goddamn-miracle-here-boys-and-gals kind of pinch for me. I just
Brenda
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, juvenile
One thing I really like about Brandon Mull is that his writing is so inventive and it feels different. He's got a crazy good imagination, and it shines through in his writing, especially in this series. There are none of the typical elves, dwarves, and wizards. There are fantasy races in this book that are completely different, and if I'm honest, so different I can't even picture them. But that's not a bad thing. It's great to read something new and fresh.

The writing is solid and there's a lot o
Luann
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow! I enjoyed this much more than I expected. I expected to enjoy it, but since it is the second (and middle book) in the trilogy, I didn't think it would be quite as exciting as it turned out to be.

Brandon Mull did a great job of reminding me about events from the first book without spending too much time rehashing the past. And I enjoyed the fact that the hippo was used again! :)

For those who have read book one in the series, you definitely need to read this! I look forward to book three.
Kat Heckenbach
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is just as fun as book one of the series, with a large cast of characters that Mull manages to make distinctive and interesting. The story is also very much a quest, as was book one, with lots of peril and unusual creatures and races (including a unique take on zombies). Again, if you are a fan of the Fablehaven books, you'll definitely enjoy this series. And if you enjoyed the first book, you won't be disappointed with this one.

My Website
Find me on Facebook
My YA fantasy series:
book 1
Finding Angel (Toch Island Chronicles, #1) by Kat Heckenbach
book
Biondy
Melanjutkan petualangan dari "A World Without Heroes" (review di sini), Jason sekali lagi kembali ke Lyrian. Misinya kali ini adalah untuk membawa pesan tentang rahasia Maldor kepada sang Raja Buta, rahasia yang dapat mengubah seluruh alur pertentangan dengan Maldor.

Suka banget. Ceritanya masih tetap seru dan bikin betah untuk dibaca. Dalam 2 hari saja saya bisa menyelesaikan buku setebal 676 halaman ini.

Di buku ke-2 ini ada banyak perkembangan yang terjadi. Misi yang Jason dan Rachel jalani ber
Fredrik
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Harus jujur kukatakan kalau buku ini lebih inferior daripada buku pertama. :(

Meskipun pada dasarnya buku ini tetaplah sebuah karya yang solid, ceritanya seru, dan secara keseluruhannya tetap menarik, namun Beyonders #2 ini seperti kejebak ke dalam kerangka standar buku kedua sebuah trilogi.
Kehilangan magis dari buku pertama dan fungsi utamanya hanya untuk build-up momentum buku terakhir. :|

Seeds of Rebellion berkisah seperti judulnya, yakni tentang benih-benih pemberontakan yang tumbuh di Lyrian
Miki
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow. There is a lot to say. A wizard with words doesn't even begin to do Brandon Mull's writing the justice that it deserves. It doesn't even... There is so much that he does write, the writing, the details, the personality. He does it all to perfection it creates a beautiful world with so much history, so many intricate plot developments. I just wish the story didn't involve some tragic parts, that he nails. I have voiced that this is my second time going through the series, and I was a lot you ...more
Furi Hanifah Zanuardi
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasi
SERUUUUUUU!!!!!
Avery (ThePagemaster)
FINALLY! I'm finished with this book! Not in a sense that it put me in a slump and was bad--absolutely not! This thing called 'Life' happened and is happening, still, and it drove me away from reading; I could barely concentrate or focus whenever I could or had time to read. Which sucks because I'm loving this series and I do enjoy Brandon Mull's writing and world building.

Speaking of which, This second book does focus heavily on the world building. Only now, putting the book down and finished,
Cori Reed
3.5
Farzin
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Though I loved the first installment in 'Beyonders' trilogy, 'Seeds of Rebellion' wasn't as great as I was expecting it to be; but still I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to read the last book.
Brandon Mull is a very talented writer and always has a very unique imagination in creating fantastic characters. His 'Fablehaven' series are my most favorite YA/children fantasy books and he hasn't disappointed me in 'Beyonders' so far.
Annie Bennett
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kevin Hiatt
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Honestly, this is hard for me to write because I really, really want to like this series.. but I was really disappointed in this book, and I've been very disappointed in this series.

I want to like it very much and I occasionally find myself liking some parts of it, but overall it just isn't grabbing me. Some aspects of the world that Mull has created I enjoy, and it is imaginative in some ways, but overall the story is missing something. I don't care about the protagonist(s) at all, I like a cou
Brian Zhou
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think this book was very exciting and adventurous. Brandon Mull does a great job describing everything that is happening and keeping the action up so it seems like it is always the climax or rising action of the story. One of my favorite parts is when the heroes journey to Ebera, The Forgotten Kingdom. I like that part because it is really tense and full of action. Everytime I stopped reading this book, I wanted to keep reading again right away.

Brandon Mull also does a great job of writing it
Connor
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Reread February 2019: I still very much enjoyed this second volume. I'm going to leave my original 5 star rating, but I think this go 'round would be a 4 star rating from me. I love Aram in the first half of the book a lot. I don't know how I'd forgotten about him since I read this the first time.

The second half of the book is following a lot of characters all together, so you don't get to spend much time with any one of them. But I still had a fun adventure alongside the characters. I still lo
Lyssa
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
Brandon Mull has really taken his writing to the next level with Seeds of Rebellion. I only wish someday he would write adult science fiction and not just kid's books. He is a fantastic world and species builder. I love the cast of characters in this series. They are an amazingly diverse group. My only critique is too many internal conversations and not enough relationship building between the group. There is just not enough talk between the two main characters, Jason and Rachel. Galloran is by ...more
Mike (the Paladin)
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Well...book 2. This is a series of books that has a pretty good idea (one used before but one that if handled well is interesting). I didn't really care for the first volume. When I tried it again I thought it was a bit better than my, "initial impression".

Here the book picks up the story from the point the first ends. This book "mostly" held my interest...mostly. But there are areas where I was so bored with the book that I couldn't stand it. (view spoiler)
Sydney Kirsch
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I honestly don't know what to rate this. On the one hand, it was engaging (especially the first half), funny, and extremely creative. On the other, I was definitely more critical. Looking overall, I think I'd give it three and a half stars. That last quarter of the book left me pretty disturbed, raising an eyebrow about some of the deeper things. But then it was good ol' Jason in Lyrian again, which was grand.
Carly
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I should have reread the 1st book to remember who all the characters were and what was going on. Still a great story. There were so many new (and old) characters and so much happening that there wasn't much time for Jason and Rachel to talk to each other. I missed their snarky banter.
Teays Valley Readers: Beyonders Seeds of Rebellion 1 4 Oct 27, 2017 06:57AM
  • Albrek's Tomb (Adventurers Wanted, #3)
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • Ambush (Pillage, #3)
  • The Avatar Battle (Cragbridge Hall, #2)
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors, #3)
  • The Invaders (Brotherband Chronicles, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy S ...more

Beyonders (3 books)
  • A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)
  • Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders, #3)
“Sometimes the best offense was avoiding self-destruction.” 48 likes
“Jason glanced at the creature. It remained the same distance away as before, still as a statue.
"What do you want?" Jason asked.
No answer.
"Are you the thing that followed Tark? You should keep following him. He's the real mastermind. Shoo. Go hide."
No response.
"Okay, how about you stand guard while I sleep. Keep the giants away. Sound good? All in favor, hold perfectly still. Fine, I guess we have a deal.”
24 likes