Start by marking “Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)” as Want to Read:
Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)

Cabin Fever

(Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  80,880 ratings  ·  3,829 reviews
Greg Heffley is in big trouble. School property has been damaged, and Greg is the prime suspect. But the crazy thing is, he’s innocent. Or at least sort of. The authorities are closing in, but when a surprise blizzard hits, the Heffley family is trapped indoors. Greg knows that when the snow melts he’s going to have to face the music, but could any punishment be worse than ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 224 pages
Published November 15th 2011 by Amulet Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cabin Fever, please sign up.

·  80,880 ratings  ·  3,829 reviews

Ninglu
Jul 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Before Reading

The cover seems pretty tempting...with Greg standing astonished by the window...apparently with Manny ;)

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Greg was 11, in Grade 6

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, Greg was 12, in Grade 7

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw, Greg was still 12 and in Grade 7 (since the book began in January)

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, Greg is having his summer vacation after he finishes Grade 7

In Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth, Greg was 13, and in Grade 8

B
Ahmad Sharabiani
Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6), c2011, Jeff Kinney
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever is a 2011 bestselling and award winning children's book and the sixth book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, written by American author Jeff Kinney. In 2012 Kinney won a "Best Author" Children's Choice Award from the Children's Book Council for Cabin Fever. The book was followed by 2012's The Third Wheel.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: بیست و پنجم ماه سپتامبر سال 2012 میلادی
عنوان: خاطرات یک بیعرضه: جلد 6، دفترچه آ
Archit Ojha
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
This book breezed through me!

Sometimes a breeze is not what one is looking for. Like Greg, who is trapped in his own house due to a Blizzard.

This one was indeed different. Not the one we are used to where the school forms a major part of the of the troll universe for our Mr. Greg.

Damaging the school property might be fun for us all.

Well, fun until the school decides to involve the Police!. Unprepared and tormented, Greg is hounded by the fear of being locked up for vandalism.

The blizzard and thu
Kenny Hernandez
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
1-10 I will say this book get's a 9 it is off the hook! I love the part when Greg was a Criminal but at the same time he was not. Also he had to stay in his grandma's house from All that snow! Also greg want a book singed by Kenny Centazzo but it was a fail. Manny(pest) was also messing with the heat in the house soo that he could get the heat all to hem self.
[Shai] Bibliophage
One of the best parts of this book is when Greg and Rowley are bullied by a kid who's in kindergarten. The part where Greg found out that his younger brother Manny is the culprit behind their lack of electricity is really hilarious. Can't believe that kids younger than Greg can pull this kind of act against adults. hahaha!
Lego Robot Ninja
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lego Robot Ninja by: Grandma Trilby
Mum: So what do you want to say about this?

LRN: 500 stars!!!1!

Mum: So, you've read all of these, right?

LRN: There's more. In this one, school property is a must, because there's no school property. Because people had accidents on these things, like the swing, which is a really funny one. It's when a dork named Francis Knott goes flying off the swing onto a see saw, which someone was on, and then woooooooo....

Mum: This is a little confusing. Do you mean that the playground is now not available to
hayden
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-gonna-review
I feel like I'd read this before the whole time I was reading it. I think Kinney is running out of ideas.

Really? How long will this stupid franchise continue? Does Jeff Kinney not have enough money from his already existing six books (one which is just a blank journal!) and his movie franchise? Jeez, these cash cows are killing me.
Pooja
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 100-pages
Reading Diary of Wimpy Kid- Cabin Fever would not have been as funny as it really is, to me, if Archit, wouldn't be calling me three time- four times, five times a day and asking me to read this series, that he is now a big fan of Wimpy Kid.

He is not someone who gets behind you and until you read or watch the stuffs he suggested, would not let you live peacefully. If he recommends something, then you certainly put your faith in it. His choices are only the best ones. There's no doubt about it.

So
Megs ♥
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents of kids 8-11
My son is 9, and he got this book recently. We read it together, and I have to say this book was so funny and entertaining. I've been trying to get my son to read more, and these are the only books he will reread over and over again.

Recommend this to all parents who want their kids to read more!
Lena
Nov 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I breezed through the sixth Wimpy Kid book in a few hours. It was simple enough to skim. I don't know if I've paid careful attention to the others or if this one was just somewhat choppy in the writing, but it seemed more like a bunch of little antecdotes and jokes rather than a continuous story in some parts. Still, it was pretty much like the others. Not as funny as the first one or two, but still a cute easy book. I did think it was pretty odd that Greg, who is pretty cynical and in EIGTH GRA ...more
Anna
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Ένα βιβλίο με πολύ χιόνι, έναν κατεργάρη αδερφό, έναν μαρτυριάρη κατάσκοπο του Άγιου Βασίλη και μια απόδειξη πως τα πράγματα δεν είναι όπως φαίνονται!
ياسمين ثابت
متعة النسخة الورقة :3
Tung
Jan 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children
I've read every single one of the Wimpy Kid books (and seen both movie adaptations) because my kids find them funny, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. The first one was, indeed, hysterical, and the second less so but still entertaining. Each subsequent book has declined in entertainment value, and that negative trend continues with this latest installment. Each book focuses on Greg Heffley, a mischievous middle school student who finds himself in various predicaments, usually of h ...more
The Reading Countess
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
I wanted to like this one more than I did. Perhaps it was my oldest son, a voracious reader, who might have prejudiced me before I even sat down to page one when he tossed it to me and said that it was lame. When pushed, he said that it simply wasn't as funny as the others, and he felt that Kinney was trying too hard.

Despite his youth, I do have to say that I agree with him. I have always laughed out loud at many of the scenes in his books. He has had a pulse on what kids go through and the twis
Noble
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Greg Heffley is an average boy that goes to middle school. Greg has an older brother named Rodrick, and a younger brother named Manny. His older brother Rodrick is mean. His younger brother is annoying and ruins Greg's games.

At school Greg has a bigger problem. Greg and his friend Rowley were hanging posters at the school. The paintings had paint on them. It started to rain, the rain washed the paint away and made it stain the wall! Will Greg and Rowley get busted or will Greg and Rowley live wi
Ola Al-Najres
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
How nice it was ! I couldn't stop laughing until the last page , and oh .. this little devil (Manny) was unbelievable 😂

Some friends told me that I am (a big child) because of reading this series , but I never care .. it will be always one of my favorites 😍
Yuthika
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The one where Greg is a criminal and yet he's not a criminal! Funny incidents with the police - I liked it!
Tam_ the_ med_bookie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the 6th book in the series as well.
Greg is less obnoxious than he was in the previous series.
I am enjoying more about the things that is happening in the lives of the other people aroind him : his parents (the mom is so like duh clueless still, being always partial nodding to everything Manny wants, the dad has Not much role in this one, Rodrick the elder brother doesn't have much part ...which I miss reading about).
The only thing I got disappointed is this thing: Why is Manny still treate
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Now THIS one is as funny as the early ones. I kept laughing out loud on several occasions. Unlike The Third wheel it jumps around to different events and things happening, which is when I think these books succeed so well. Manny is becoming a little holy terror, isn't he?
Inshirah Kamal
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
a wonderful book to read
especially when you pretend to be studying for an exam that even you do NOT want to fail
but management books are boring so
you end up taking a 5 minute break that suddenly becomes a 7 day break

honestly
just read the book
Joana
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only Greg to have a brother like Manny. That kid is something else.
On the 6th book, the fun remains.
Daniel Lopez
this book is a very funny book for comic readers although it dosent have just picures it does have words
Khushboo Mathuria
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, books-i-own
I was pretty pumped to continue going through the Wimpy kid books after I recently watched the movies again and I wasn't disappointed. What fun!
Jubilee Aba
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I CHOSE THIS BOOK BECAUSE MY BROTHER GOT THIS BOOK IN CHRISTMAS AND SINCE I LOVE DIARY OF A WIMPY KID I WANTED TO READ IT SO BADLY. THIS BOOK IS MAINLY ABOUT A BOY NAMED GREG WHO WRITES ABOUT HIS LIFE AND SCHOOL IN A DIARY BUT HE CALLS IT A JOURNAL. IN THIS BOOK HE WRITES HOW CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER AND THAT IT IS A STRUGGLE TO BE GOOD FOR AT LEAST A MOTHS BUT IF HE WANTS PRESENTS FROM "SANTA" HE NEEDS TO BEHAVE. BUT ITS BEEN A BIT OF A STRUGGLE SINCE THEIR BEEN A SNOW STORM AND GREG STU ...more
Leah
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am 8 years old and I thought this book was one of the bests it made me laugh. And I will never find a book that made me laugh this much.
Jonathon P.
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book and I enjoyed it very much. This book kept me in a reading spirit and it boosted my Lexile score up to 1060! Compared to the books that I've read earlier this year such as To Kill a Mockingbird and Refugee and I'm currently reading The Hobbit, Cabin Fever was a very easy read but the exile was very high.
Jonathan Punin
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever,I noticed that it was snowing a lot in the story. An example of my sighting is that on page 166, it says" The snow was already up to our mail box, and it wasn't showing any sign of stopping". By making an inference, I can infer that there is a blizzard going on. I infer that because in a blizzard it snows a lot. So, if snow is already up to the mail bow, I must mean that it is snowing A LOT. Specially if there is a blizzard going on. Plus I can pr ...more
Alia (بلا همزة)
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, kids
So funny, I like it
Praxedes
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Glad to see the Wimpy Kid series is back on track after last installment's fiasco. I hope this recovery continues and brings back the laugh-out-loud humor lacking since the first two or three books.
Fran
Nov 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Diary of A Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever
Author: Jeff Kinney
Reviewed by Fran Lewis

As told by Greg Finnley:

Life is not easy when you’re just a kid. Always expected to do what adults request of you or get punished. Never allowed to speak up or be disrespectful especially if you want Santa to shine his guiding light on you Christmas Day. Remember he can see you even when you are sleeping and he knows your every move even when you are awake. I’m beginning to think he has his own GPS in every kid, radar or
HMSA Summer Reading: Cabin Fever 1 4 Sep 20, 2018 08:43PM
Greg 1 3 Nov 06, 2017 05:43PM
Diary of A Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever 1 3 Nov 02, 2017 11:27AM
  • Out Loud (Big Nate)
  • Darth Paper Strikes Back (Origami Yoda #2)
  • Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Am I the Princess or the Frog? (Dear Dumb Diary, #3)
  • Dork Diaries Book 2: Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl (Dork Diaries, #2)
  • Guinness World Records 2012
  • The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (Super Diaper Baby, #1)
  • Words of (Questionable) Wisdom from Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang (The Popularity Papers, #3)
  • Paintball Blast
  • The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies (Weenies, #4)
  • Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)
  • Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #11)
“So I've started wearing sweatpants to bed because I really don't need Santa seeing me in my underwear.” 76 likes
“I've seen a lot of movies where a kid my age finds out he's got magical powers and then gets invited to go away to some special school. Well, if I've got an invitation coming, now would be the perfect time to get it” 50 likes