Start by marking “Rainbows and Rapture” as Want to Read:
Rainbows and Rapture

Rainbows and Rapture

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Yearning to be rescued from a ruthless villain, Russia Valentine resorts to blackmail in her attempt to win the heart of bounty hunter Santiago Zamora, a man not fond of Russia's choice of professions.
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published June 28th 1992 by Avon Books (first published June 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Rainbows and Rapture, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainbows and Rapture

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I was a little resistant to reading this because the heroine is a prostitute, not because I look down on them, mind you. I just don't like the idea of a heroine having to sell her body for money. . But I like to challenge myself as a reader and read books that get me out of my comfort zone. It was a very good book. It was heartbreaking at times as you realize that a girl who was continually sexually abused by a so-called guardian would have little self worth and wouldn't hesitate to sell her bod ...more
Christy Stewart
Paisley lost me on page...2.

I do not believe that the leading lady is on a desperate run for her life and has been living a hand to mouth lifestyle if she gives her life savings to a John she just met and serviced when he says he wants to buy his mother a gift but is broke.

Maybe he shouldn't be wasting his money on whores then, huh?

IF this had been done to show how stupid this chick is, that would be one thing...But I'm suppose to feel more empathy for this hooker with a heart of gold?

No, she's
Adriana
Rainbows and Rapture by Rebecca Paisley

Ms Paisley didn’t write many books but the ones she wrote are all on my keeper shelf! A MUST read author.

The description of the book I am listing below is from the back jacket of the book. I'm adding it because I believe the one on the Goodreads page does not depict this story.

A charmingly naive "soiled dove" with a heart of gold and a talent for catastrophe, beautiful Russia Valentine needs a fairy tale hero who will rescue her from a villain's dangerous
E.E. Burke
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-the-west
Somehow I missed this book the first time it came out. I'm glad I discovered it when she rereleased it. Granted it's a Western setting, but don't consign it to one bookshelf. If you enjoy classic historical romance you'll find this story satisfying because it strikes all the right chords. Strong, intriguing characters, sparks flying, conflict galore and enough heat to keep you warm on a winter's night.
Leslie
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Even though the 'vernacular as it were' was really beginning to get on my nerves, the smiles and out loud chuckles/laughs these characters produced one my breaks and lunch hours had my co-workers demanding to know what I was reading. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Gillian
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Lovers
Utterly sweet. The story flowed nicely and I loved the characters. A must try for peeps who like historical romances. I'm glad I found such a wonderful book.
Katie(babs)
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the most delightful Western romances I've ever read about a fallen angel heroine and a assassin drifter. Hilarious also!
Heidi
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
I struggled they this book. Russia's dialogue was very annoying and if Santiago said "Santa Maria" one more time I was going to throw my kindle!
Jana
Jul 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heroines
The heroine Russia is the reason this book is so good. She is a charmingly naive "soiled dove" with a heart of gold.
Laurie Cook
Apr 03, 2012
Miriam
Jun 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
I wanted to write things ever since I learned to write my name. I started with letters to my grandmother like: “Der Grammey, I went on the ralerode trax today and finded a big pees of gum by the raleing. I piked it up and ate it. It was bananna. I chwed it till it did not have inymor flaver in it. Aftr I swaloed it I kind of thot I had sum majic in me frum the persen who first ate it. Mama sayed w ...more
More about Rebecca Paisley...