Start by marking “The Journey: Living by Faith in an Uncertain World” as Want to Read:
The Journey: Living by Faith in an Uncertain World

The Journey: Living by Faith in an Uncertain World

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  666 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Billy Graham is respected and loved around the world. And this work is his magnum opus, the culmination of a lifetime of experience and ministry

Chapter by chapter, Graham leads us on a journey in faith. We learn about God and his purpose for our lives; who Jesus is and what he has done for us. We are reminded of the things God has given us to live successfully: the Bible,
Published May 31st 2006 by W PUBLISHING GROUP (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journey

Edward Ortiz
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The great thing about this book is Billy Graham’s ability to take the reader through the Christian journey in simple terms. He takes the reader from the importance of that first step of accepting Christ as our savior and the steps that we need to take to cultivate our relationship with the Creator.

The most interesting parts for me were: Why we do not grow in our faith and how we move from an immature Christian to a mature one and his discussion about discipleship and time alone with God.

Best quo
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Billy Graham delivers a clear, comprehensive overview of the Christian faith. A few keys points:

How to make an impact for Christ:
• "Ask God to help you see the world as He sees it"
• "Demonstrate Christ’s love by the way we live"
• "Learn to share your faith with others"

Billy Graham notes essential Gospel messages to be spread:

• "God created us, He loves us and wants us to live at peace with Him forever" (Genesis 2:7; John 10:10).
• "We have sinned and turned away from God, and as a result we a
Jun 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing & really shows why Billy Graham is such an effective evangelist. The language is plain & simple so absolutely anyone can understand it, yet never gives the impression of "speaking down" to the reader. Some things that I've thought about but really never was sure of the simplest way to give witness to people who haven't been exposed to the Bible or faith in any form. This book has it. I found it very enriching & is definately a book to be shared.
R.K. Goff
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is definately a book aimed at an audience. If you aren't a Christian, or not interested in what one has to say, don't pick this book up.

Otherwise, I loved it. It was a beautiful culmination work. It runs the gambit from conversion all the way through advice for a full Christian life. It's written simply, but full to the brim with good advice and inspirational writing.

Highly recommended.
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It had a lot of great points and I think I'm going to buy it so I can read it again and write things down this time! I would recommend it to people of all ages because he acknowledges kids and adults.
Jerome Castaneda
Inspiring truths about being a follower of Christ. First time to hear Billy Graham, I am now a big fan.
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the best single book on how to live the Christian life.
William Puddy
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book that Billy Graham ever published, in my opinion. It is a comprehensive, easy to understand but fully doctrinal explanation of one's life journey from an unsaved state to salavation and the ensuing Christian walk. There are so many truths in here that anyone from unbeliever to long time Christian can get a lot out of it.
Mike Finton
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid truths from the Great Evangelist

Billy Graham has been a leader for so many years in bringing millions to salvation all over the world. This book goes so far beyond the salvation message and offers a clear path for each person to follow along all the ups and downs of life. Make your life's journey with God as your guide and father...that is the answer.
Kathy Jackson
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

A wonderful book about living a Christian life. A book for everyone who needs encouragement on their journey through life!
Jack Hansen

A pleasurable listen that applies the Bible, the Word of God, to everyday problems. Billy Graham is a devout, world renowned Evangelist who practices what he preaches. He applies the lessons the Bible teaches in his life and shares them with the reader.

Situations in today's world are in serious need of divine intervention as Judao-Christian morals are under attack by foreign ideologies that are promoted by secular powers. Graham explains how imperative it is for people to turn back to God, He b
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Billy Graham's scope of preaching to the individual follower of Jesus is all here in this book.

Billy is known for preaching at large gatherings to convert unbelivers into believers that trust the Gospel message as a gift of salvation. From that point on, Billy Graham calls that believer to a journey--which is what this book is about.

Like the country preacher style would suggest, the tone of instruction in the book is calm, firm, common sense.

There are several autobiographical references in the b
I got this book as a gift and have been reading it as a devotional. It is not that bad. I give it two stars because so much of it is the very basics of Christian faith, things I learned in Sunday school ten years ago. It is not bad to be reminded of those things, but it is also not extremely engaging a read. The good part of the book is that it is by Billy Graham and is a sort of culmination of his life's work; the title the journey is apt for someone who has journeyed so far and long with Chris ...more
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book, full of everything you have come to expect from and love about Billy Graham. The message of the gospel and how to correctly apply it to your life is set out in simple language. Expounding on the truth of the Christian life that unfortunately many Christians do not experience or have not understood. He tackles topics on the everyday life for the individual as well as living as a married couple and raising children. This is a great book no matter where one may be on their Christ ...more
Evangeline williams
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Evangeline by: my sister
Billy Graham discusses the need for endurance and strength to overcome the difficulties that arise in life and how to use them to improve yourself, how evil plays a daily part in our lives through temptation,what Jesus' purpose was with regard to humanity, and that saying you're a Christian doesn't really make you one--it must be practiced in a church with good fellowship and you MUST read the Bible because that is how God speaks to us. In this book, Graham takes you from birth to death all the ...more
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was ok
This was a suggested book by a friend. For my friends sake I will not say who.

I did notice some verses that I had memorized that Mr. Graham uses:)

When I started reading I told myself that I have to at least finish 60 pages before judging book. Well at page 52 I hadn't learned anything new and the author then asked the reader to say the sinners prayer. Well I never got page 52. I drew a frowny face and put the book away. If you can get past the sinner's prayer someone might be edified by this boo
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books by Rev. Billy Graham. I. The book he tells us about our Journey and how God wants to walk with us while we are on it till we finally make it home to him. In the book it tells us stories of his life and offers us wisdom and encouragement.
After I finished reading this book it made me want to continue on and try and read all of his books in this lifetime. I consider Rev. Graham one of the best Evangelists in this world. God bless that man. I highly recommend readin
Feb 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: A new/ baby christian. First step in knowing what you believe
Shelves: christian
This book so far has been amazing, but basic. I love books that take you back to the basics of your christian faith. Sometimes you lose track of what and who you are living for. I fall into the trap of performing so I love a book that brings me back to when I first believed. Graham makes this book so easy to read and I would say I wish I had it in 2004 when If first became a christian. I would encourage anyone to read this with a new believer because it brings up some amazing topics.
Of course everyone has heard of Billy Graham! I was unsure as to what to expect from this book.
If you are a veteran believer this book is very useful as it reminds you of basics which never go out of style and will encourage you to go back to them or keep doing them as the case may be.
He does not tell people what kind of church to join. As a Catholic I find his approach unjudgement.
This book is also useful to new believers and will even touch skeptics.
This was my first reading of a Billy Graham book. I enjoyed listening to it. This would be a great resource for someone who's seeking to know more about becoming a Christian or a new believer needing to develop their knowledge base of the Christian life, the gospel and the Bible. It was an encouragement to me as a more mature Christian and missionary to hear one of my heroes share the gospel and how to follow the Lord through every step of our journey through life.
George Guimaraes
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Timeless advices extracted as a mix of biblical wisdom and life experiences from a man who lived for God. Nothing new nor extraordinary, just biblical principles applied together with accumulated experience shared in a very simple way. Really liked the simplicity and how it can deeply impact one's life if simply followed - like the Golden Rule.
Adam Z
Feb 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I really am enjoying this book because it is talking about how you can become a better Christian. Also it is talking about how God loves you and is talking about life's journey. I gave it five stars because it is very helpful for people that need the extra help in becoming better Christians. I would recomend this book to everyone, especially those who want to get a better relationship with God.
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a great book. At times some of it can be difficult to read because it hits so close to home. But I think, as Christians, there are truths in this book that we all need to face.
Billy Graham is a extremely wise and Godly man. This is a book worth keeping to read again.
It was really good and enjoyable.. it taught me new things but mostly refresh me of the basic principles of the Bible.. and also highlighted most of the significant Scriptures in the Bible.. :)
I love it ♥♥♥
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2007
Billy Graham's 'Magnum Opus'- a book which contains much about his life, his faith, and his recommendations for Christian living. A bit basic in the early chapters, but interesting reading on the whole.
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some parts of this book felt like every other generic "Christian Living" book, and other parts felt very insightful. The good stuff was good enough to bump this rating up from a 3-star rating to a 4-star rating. Billy Graham is definitely a great man of God.
Jan 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: religious
I liked this book in parts, but alot of the information was repeated. It's about your journey through life as a Christian. I really liked the information that applied to me, but I found myself skimming alot of it. I really like Billy Graham and his writing reads almost like a conversation.
I do enjoy reading Billy Graham's books.....this one again was just what I needed to hear and
DO!! Talks about the fruits of the spirit and many other topics that encourage one to keep on
in this walk of faith toward our eternal goal with Christ Jesus our Lord~
Apr 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Incredible book. Before I read it I knew much of it was going to be very basic stuff that is not really for more mature Christians but I knew Graham is so wise it doesn't matter the book is intended for a different audience. This quality of writing puts other Christian authors to shame.
I enjoyed this book from Billy Graham and found it inspiring for Christians, especially those who are discouraged. Also, the information provided is basic enough to be helpful to those new in their beliefs. I would recommend it for fellow Christians.
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • Next Door Savior: Near Enough to Touch, Strong Enough to Trust
  • The Secret Gospel of Ireland: The Untold Story of How Science and Democracy Descended from a Remarkable Form of Christianity That Developed in Ancient Ireland
  • God Speaks Your Love Language: How to Feel and Reflect God's Love
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • God's Missionary
  • Funding Your Ministry
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • When GOD Winks: How the Power of Coincidence Guides Your Life
  • You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • Children of the Day
  • Hide or Seek
  • Be Committed (Ruth & Esther): Doing God's Will Whatever the Cost (The BE Series Commentary)
  • Transforming Children Into Spiritual Champions: Why Children Should Be Your Church's #1 Priority
  • The Leadership Secrets of Billy Graham
Billy Graham was an American evangelical Christian evangelist and an ordained Southern Baptist minister. Graham is best known for his evangelistic missions or “Crusades.” He believed God knew no borders or nationalities. Throughout his career, Graham preached to millions around the world. He met and prayed with every U. S. president from Dwight Eisenhower to Barack Obama.

Graham authored 34 books,
More about Billy Graham...

Nonfiction Deals

• A Room of One's Own
  • Life in a Medieval City
  • Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Weekends at Bellevue: Nine Years on the Night Shift at the Psych E.R.
  • Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts--Becoming the Person You Want to Be
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui
  • Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
    $7.24 $1.99
“The Bible's picture of a godly leader also describes the godly home: "A shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert and the shadow of a great rock" (Isaiah 32:2). May that be true of your home.” 0 likes
“God has a personal, individual plan for each of us. It embraces the big things in life: whom we will marry, what our career will be, where we will live, even when we will die. It also includes the details of our daily lives: decisions about our families, finances, leisure time, friendships, and countless other choices we make. Are you seeking God’s will in everything? The Bible says, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” (Jeremiah 29:11).” 0 likes