Start by marking “Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz, #1)

Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz #1)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  566 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
Emily Musgrave is heading a direction she never wanted to go in Regency England--namely a convent to turn her from her waywardness. But it's more loneliness than rebellion that motivates her to escape her certain fate. Liam Jackson is going nowhere fast in modern-day Tennessee. Playing his Dobro in seedy bars and backward dives along with his fiddling sister, Tinker, is do ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me, I'm Irish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Linda
Pssst, come here.... Yeah, you, come here. Have I got a book for you. Do you like contemporary romances? How about time-travel stories? OK, what if I added paranormal, Regency, fairies, humor, starving artists, musician's life and just clean fun to the genres? KISS ME, I'M IRISH is book #1 in the 'Time for Love' series by a relatively unknown author. Bella Street has taken a hodge-podge of story themes and blended them together successfully. And what an enjoyment to read!

It is a fanciful tale of
Stacia (the 2010 club)
2.5 stars. I had high hopes for this one because it started out great but I never ended up connecting with the characters.

I have no idea why people are shelving this as YA. The characters are all over the age of 21, and happen to be touring musicians who are going from bar to bar performing. The only reason I could even think of why this might be mistakenly reshelved, is that the book reads fairly clean in content, yet this doesn't necessarily make a book YA. This just classifies a book as a cle
Shawn
Do you believe in magic?

Kiss Me, I’m Irish is about a young woman, Emily Musgrave, who finds herself headed down a road that she is determined not to go. No, literally. She’s on her way to a convent for kissing one too many Irish men, a race it seems she can’t resist. But when her carriage breaks down on that dark and gloomy night in 1813, Emily seized her opportunity to escape. Little does she know just how far from home and a bleak future in a convent she’ll find herself.

Propelled into the ye
Clare Havens
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Bella Street has done the near impossible of taking someone from a previous era and put them in the present day and made their voice and behaviour completely authentic without sounded cliched or forced in any way. I can only imagine the amount of research Bella had to undertake to write so knowledgeably about times gone by! This book is fast paced, clever and funny! I don't want it to come to an end!! I highly recommend it!
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
Oh My Word! I was addicted to this novel from page one. I honestly don't think Bella could write something I wouldn't like, she's very talented. Her characters are always so real, the stories are well written allowing the reader to feel and experience everything the character goes through.

~Tich~
Aislynn
Emily stumbled into a stone ring in 1813 Cornwall England only to wake up on the sidewalk in 2011 of modern day Tennessee. She not only jumps almost 200 years into the future but across an ocean, and with no way home (not that she wants to return!).

Life wasn't the easiest for Emily in her own time, with the loss of her parents she is sent to live with her Great Aunt - who is bound and determined to turn her into a respectable lady, even if it isn't what Emily wants. When the carriage taking her
Heather
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I know my reviews leave somewhat to be desired, because sadly I suck at this. And I won't do it justice. But I must say. I loved this book. I thought the story was very original. I've never read another book quite like it. Time travel, Pixes or as Emily calls them Piskeys, Irishmen, and music all in one story. This book really exceeded my expectations.

Emily Musgrave lives in the early 19th century where she has been caught kissing the Irish stable boy and the Irish footman. When her Aunt learns
Michelle Ella
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book really wasn't bad, I liked the characters well enough and there were plot twists to keep your attention. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I'm not a huge fan of time traveling in the plot, which clearly is my fault not the author's.

I really enjoyed Emily and the way that she progressed and just conformed to what was thrown at her in the new world. And of course, Liam was brooding and how can you not love a musician? Tinker was everything I would expect with that name and
Zoe and the Edge
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ya, squeaky-clean
(Note: I liked the story, I just wish the author toned down on the magic. It was infused in the plot and in the romance and it got a bit much, y'know?)

This story is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the writing. I've read a few books of modern people going back into the past but never a historical character coming forward to the future. Emily's journey to the future is hilarious as she awkwardly navigates herself in the 21st century.

She didn't know what a computer was, but it apparently was not
Daphne
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fae, r2r
Kiss Me, I'm Irish is an interesting, entertaining and funny read. There is suspense and romance.

Liam and Tinker are trying to get big with their music. Singing at bars and any other gigs and living from hotel to hotel. Their days are pretty much mundane until the one fateful night when Emily Musgrave appears claiming she is from England; but not from this time we are talking about 200 years ago.

Convincing the sexy Liam seems to be a full time job, he isn't buying Emily's story. Once she shows h
Jane
Do you know that moment when you start reading a time travel novel and expect it to be great and your expectations plummet to the floor like crazy because the writing doesn't really live up to the idea? Well, that's what happened to me and this book.

I picked it up hoping to find the next great time travel novel, but unfortunately, I was quite disappointed in the execution. The idea was great - bring a young woman from 1813 to the modern times and see what happens. How she deals with new stuff, h
Englishrose
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a good book with a realistic basis for time travel. Emily is a good character, though a little redundant at times. Liam is a bit self-absorbed, but mostly a great person and character. Tinker is a fabulous side character. Though you may feel in the dark until some of the mysteries are revealed, it's still an enjoyable read as you discover the characters learning to adjust to new circumstances and dealing with new feelings for each other. Plausibly created and thought out, this book keep ...more
Katia
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
⚜️Trea
Dec 25, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2014
I was unimpressed with this book. The characters made little sense to me, and the story, even with it being a time travel novel, didn't seem plausible to me. I didn't like how Tinker acted for most of the story, then she was so instrumental to everything that had happened, when she had seemed like such a child prior to that. Just wasn't my cup of tea...
Pam Knox
Jan 01, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought I was getting a period romance and ended up with a time travel romance instead. Quite good fun.
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very cute and romantic light paranormal story! The hero and heroine have a special relationship, and the sister Tinker is very fun too.
Frances Law
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pesky piskie!

It is 1813 and Miss Emily Musgrave is on her way to a convent when the coach she is in stops. As she was being g sent to the convent against her will she takes the opportunity to escape. She runs into the nearby woods where she fa!L's into a ring of stones. In the next instance she finds herself in an alley near a pub from which a man a young woman come running. This is Liam Jackson a musician, and his sister Tinker!
Liam and Tinker take Emily in a d help her to adjust to the twent
Sandie Parrish
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kiss Me, I'm Irish

This is a fantastic romance story that starts with a young woman being banished from her life as she knew it to a very strict order of nuns because she refused to marry a man over 30 years older than herself. She finds a chance to run away then finds herself 200 years and a continent away from where she was.
Life is so different in this new time where old rules don't work, women can wear pants, there are little people trapped in a box that perform when you turn the power on (TV
Patricia
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel, nfms
Haha! This is a funny, heartwarming, clean though not squeaky, time travel romance. At first, I was a bit put off by the tone of the story but I eventually warmed up to it. The book was clean but the lack of squeaky is because of the occasional innuendos. Except for the innuendo, this might pass as YA fiction. The magic involved in their lives and in time travel did not deter me from enjoying the story although I am currently in a non-magic phase of my compulsive reading.

I glanced ahead briefly
Rae Valentine
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out Loud

This story is a fairy tale, or is it? This is a story about fairies, the Fey and stepping through circle of stones to another time. It's also about love, forgiveness and a spot of danger. It's so funny at times that I laughed out loud! The folks in the lounge at work thought me nutty. Hahaha
I can't wait to read the next installment!! 😁😁😉
Mary  Aquino
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Little Long-Winded

I really liked this story. The magic was fun and playful. The characters were terrific and annoying all at once. Two things that bothered me we're how long it took to finally understand Tinker's story and Emily's use of piskey instead of pixie. Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed the book!
Holly J. Handy
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story.

I found this book to be riviting, to keep me hooked until I finished it. I liked the plot and characters. I liked the location. I will recommend this book to my friends and family.
Kayla
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. How would a girl from Regency England act in the 21st century? I like how the author answered this question. The hero is sometimes questionable but comes through in the end.
Phyllis C Surface
Two stars

Simple book but hard to follow. Characters always arguing and not certain over what? Then near end of book the paranormal portion pops up which is suppose to explain everything. But doesn't. Disjointed writing style
Sorry, can't recommend
Alice
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, romance, other
time travel
Marti
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light romance and humor with a time travel twist. Great fun!
Stephanie
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kiss me I'm Irish
Bella Street
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 448 KB
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Firefly Press (April 19, 2011)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services

To purchase please see author's ad in far right side column.

Ick-Factor: none
Cliche-component, original ideas and situations but basic story line is predictable; it is a lovely Love Story with some twists.

Product Description

Ryan Snyder
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon
Some parts of this book actually...like seized my heart and make it ache. it was kind of scary. haha. man, but it definitely got my emotions involved.

------------------------------------------------------------

I want to start by saying that i won an ebook copy of this book from a giveaway. I lost the link or I would share it with you. oh wait! I saved the email! muahaha. The blog is Disincentive Reviews

Thank you for the giveaway! And thank you Bella Stree
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2014/01/kiss-me-im-yours-blog-tour-review.html

Kiss Me, I'm Irish is a fascinating tale that mixes the modern world with a little bit of paranormal thrown in. We follow a young woman named Emily who lives in 19th century England. She is starting to get a scandalous reputation since she was caught kissing a man. Her strict aunt wants to send her off to teach her a lesson. But Emily has other plans. She finds her chance at escape and takes i
Carly
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
I absolutely loved Kiss Me, I'm Irish, It is so different from anything else I have read. It was such a fun, exciting read from start to finish. The plot-line was engaging, with great pacing and the characters were so likeable and funny. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this beautifully written book from Bella Street.

Emily Musgrave is from 1813, her great aunt is getting her sent to a convent for kissing the hired help. In the carriage on the way to the convent Emily makes a break for it. She stumb
  • Cascade Brides (Cascade Brides #1-3)
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • Fallen (The Transformed, #0.5)
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Shifting Pride
  • A Bargained-For Bride
  • Second Chances 101 (Ripple Effect Romance #5)
  • Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)
  • Blood Oath (Gabby Girls Adventure, #2)
  • Lost and Found (Ripple Effect Romance #4)
  • Immersed (Ripple Effect Romance #6)
  • Silver Linings (Ripple Effect Romance #2)
  • Home Matters (Ripple Effect Romance #1)
  • Righting a Wrong (Ripple Effect Romance #3)
  • You Belong with Me (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #1)
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Grace Doll
  • Fire Within (Guardian Witch, #2)
Living so close to Nashville has provoked Bella to take up fiddle lessons. Until her tunes no longer sound like amorous alley cats, she writes romance with a touch of weird.
More about Bella Street

Tennessee Waltz (3 books)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Yours (Tennessee Waltz, #2)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Home (Tennessee Waltz #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“What the hell do you have on?”
Emily looked down at her ensemble. “I have done something wrong, haven't I?”
“Did Tinker put you up to this?”
“Well, she said it was my manager uniform.”
“You...you look like an oversexed librarian.”
She blinked. “Is that a bad thing?”
8 likes