Start by marking “Trespass” as Want to Read:
Trespass

Trespass

"He opened his home. She stole his heart and his money. "

Many would envy veterinarian Russ Gray s life in rural Montana s wide-open spaces. Russ calls it lonely. In a country with more cattle than eligible females, he doesn t envision his seven years as a widower ending anytime soon. Until a mysterious woman lands at his door in the dead of night, riddled with buckshot.

Sar
Published July 26th 2011 by Samhain

To ask other readers questions about Trespass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trespass

Ridley
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think this book is a "put up, or shut up" for anyone who's called for flawed characters, physical imperfection or morally ambiguous heroines. It defies a whole host of genre conventions in a way I found refreshing, but anyone looking for a placeholder heroine to indulge in female fantasy would be completely put off. It's not a perfect book, but Maguire is taking romance somewhere new with her books, and I'm totally on board with this.

After a driver held a knife to her throat and a territorial
Lisa Kay
★★★★ stars! After I switched gears and realized it was an erotic novel, I loved it. Not you standard “hook-up” and nothing too kinky for me. Just lots of smoking words that burned up the screen on my computer. This one had an intriguing premise and a story with some punch when I least expected it. Favorite line:
She was the lump of chocolate and Russ was a warm radiator.
Man-oh-man! Juliana and Jill you've done it again. First time I’ve read anything by this author and it definitely won't be my
-ya
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
There were two issues that kind of triggered my dislike of the story line and I couldn’t bring myself to root for this couple.

1. Insta-love: The hero fell half in love with the heroine in two days. Not to mention she stole his money and drugged his dogs.
2. His wife died years ago, but he still kept her belongings untouched in one of his bedrooms. Then he let this woman whom he just met in such a short time clean out the room. This is something I can’t comprehend. Sorry.

The story in here just d
Mandi Schreiner
Jun 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
After reading The Reluctant Nude earlier this year, I became very excited to try something else by Meg Maguire. Trespass didn’t quite live up to my expectations, but it still offers quite a different story, which I’ve come to expect from Meg Maguire aka Cara McKenna.

Sarah is on the run. From Buffalo, New York you know she is running from something serious she was involved in, but as the reader you don’t know exactly what. After hitchhiking west, she finds herself in Montana, hungry and injured.
Jen
Sarah has been on the run for three weeks when she stumbles onto Russ’ property in BFE Montana, hungry and wounded. He invites her to stay for as long as she needs to and doesn’t require any explanation for why she’s in her current predicament. Sure, it seems a little stupid (okay, a lot), but the guy doesn’t have a television or the internet. So there’s the entertainment factor. Also, Russ has been celibate for 7 years (since his wife died) and he’s immediately attracted to Sarah. Second, he’s ...more
Lisarenee
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
In the middle of the night, Russ Gray finds an injured woman wandering outside his home. In an attempt to help her, he invites her in so he can treat her gun shot wounds. Being a vet he knows a little something about treating injuries. Russ realizes right away she's probably in some sort of trouble, but offers her food and shelter while she recuperates. When she steals away in the middle of the night several days later, she takes more than just his money, she takes a piece of his heart.

I was th
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

On the run from a crime of self-defense, Sarah Novak arrives in the dead of night at Russ Gray's remote Montana property, riddled with buckshot and short on answers. Despite his misgivings, the kind, hunky vet treats her wounds and allows to let her stay until she heals. But will the attraction that flares between them be enough to allow trust to build? Russ hopes so, but when he awakens to find “Nicole” and his money gone, anger drive
Christina
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another "sex on paper." AWESOME almost sex, and then BAM they finally get to, well, penetration. I know that sounds clinical, but it's part of the story. I thought the dialogue was superb for being an erotic story. I wish there would have been an epilogue or a part two or something, though.
Angela
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Again....LOVE this author! Great story!! I love the chemistry between Sarah & Russ! Even though they're story takes place in a short time span, they emotion & chemistry is unquestionable. From about middle to end, I couldn't put it down! Great read!!!
Judi

3.5 Stars

I wasn’t sure what to expect when starting Trespass, but I’ve enjoyed all of Meg Maguire (Cara McKenna’s) books that I’ve read in the past so Trespass was an auto-buy for me. I will admit to being intrigued in Nicole/Sarah’s story right from the start. Why was she on the run, injured, so far away from home with no clothes, little money and basically at the end of her rope when she landed on country vet Russ’s doorstep? I needed to know and I was fully prepared to feel empathy for what
D
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of thoughtful, character-driven novels
*** OCTOBER 28, 2012 ***

low 4 stars.

meg maguire/cara mckenna really has an ear for dialogue and is one of those sadly rare authors who take the time to find authentic motivation for their characters. i may not always particularly *like* her protagonists' kinks or personalities, but she carefully and thoroughly maps them, creating satisfying reads that often are a real joy.

trespass is a rather straightforward romance -- no great kinks or crazy -- that is paced well and only has a very, very few m
Holly
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 STARS

What a fantastic story, the moment I read The Reluctant Nude by this author she became an automatic buy for me!

Sans
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: Holly
This would have been a great full length book. A little more character development and then maybe a 5 star read. I like the concept and will be looking for more by this author.
Kristy
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SHITBALLS! I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH THAT I HAVE TO TYPE IT IN ALL CAPS!!

-Review Coming Soon-
Book Utopia
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mysterious
Dec 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Gah, Sarah was such a dumbass!!
Rogetwhi
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!!!
Danielle
Aug 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: maguire-meg
This was boring as all get out!
UltraMeital
2.5 Stars

By finishing this one, I've actually finished reading all of Meg's novels. Yeah I have quite a lot left from her other pan name (and her real one) - Cara McKenna but this is a sweet step as well. Sadly it's my least favorite from her books. I kind of went randomly through her books so I didn't have special expectations from this one (or another).

Meg's books are usually very fluent and an easy read. I'm not saying there isn't drama around the building of the relationship. Sure there is!
Larou
Feb 19, 2012 added it
Shelves: romance
When I read the plot synopsis for Trespass – Sarah, our heroine, after having been on the run for three weeks, shows up at Russ’, our hero’s, doorstep with a buckshot wound in her side - I assumed that this would be Meg Maguire’s first foray into Romantic Suspense. As it turned out however, there was even less suspense here than in her previous novel, The Reluctant Nude – there is some minor mystery about the reason why Sarah, the female protagonist, is on the run, but the reader can guess quite ...more
Jessica
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Meg Maguire/Cara McKenna is an excellent writer, and every story I've read has been character-driven, which is my favorite. This one is no exception and while I enjoyed the pace and flow of the story, the natural progression of Sarah and Russ's story, and their wonderful chemistry, I got stuck on the way the plot was wrapped up.

Once I got to the part where (view spoiler)
PepperP0t
Who knew getting peppered with buckshot would be the thing that changed Sarah Novak’s life around? Little does she know fortune has smiled broadly on her in Nowhere, Montana after midnight, when she stumbles onto veterinarian Russell Gray’s property and trips his canine alarm system.

The synopsis is fairly accurate so there is no need to rehash it. What it doesn’t convey is the chemistry between the leads and cute intimacy scenes or the steamy ones. My derision of the heroine’s questionable mora
Rhode
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, they finally get a chance to put a tan 30-something hunky cowboy on the cover, and they waste it on this scrawny boy-man. The cover design gods just are clueless aren't they?

This is a sad-sweet-hopeful story, a sort of first plus second chance story. The male lead is absolutely the nicest, most decent, hunky guy ever. He is sincere, hard working and loves Hank Williams and his horses and dogs. The female lead is just slightly TSTL with a little bit of flibbertygibbet mixed in. I definitely
Hilly
Nov 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
I should probably give it a second star for being well-written, but I subtracted a star for every time the hero's d!*k (view spoiler) Ugh. It was a startlingly poor word choice the first usage, and then moved past distracting and right into annoying with each repetition.

As for the story itself: Nope, sorry, didn't believe it. Intense, but nonsensical, with a hero & heroine who were BOTH TSTL. (view spoiler)
babyfishmouth
Great cabin romance! I love that Sarah and Russ were the sole focus. It allowed their characters to be fully developed so I was really able to root for their HEA.

The romantic and sexual tension was pitch perfect and believable. There were some plot points that weren't so believable but I was too wrapped up with the romance to care. The sex scenes were graphic but well- done and they got nicely creative due to lack of condoms.

Highly recommend. Meg Maguire is now on my auto- buy list.
Introvertitude
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Looooved the hero. The ending resolution was a bit rushed, and I did want to see a bit more about how Sarah felt when her predicament was suddenly resolved.

I maintain that Ms. Maguire / McKenna's books are done a huge disservice by their covers and blurbs. This is a far more intelligent and subtle story than one would think.
Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I read by Meg Maguire. I thought Russ was dumb & brave for letting Sarah stay in his home. I loved the steamy scenes. It kept me interested from the beginning to the end. I really enjoyed reading this book. I'm glad I purchased it.
Nanette
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Well written and enjoyable despite how ridiculous I thought the plot was once I discovered Sarah's reasons for running. MM did a lovely job developing a relationship between two lonely people thrust together in odd circumstances. But I really felt let down by the plot!
Patti Ashley
Sweet read

Sarah is running, thinking she may have killed a man. With a side full of buckshot she finds Russ. Russ a country vet, is a good
Man and the book is really about how they fall in love. Definitely has it's slow moments.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Ruin Me
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Flower in the Desert
  • Layover
  • The Dom Project (LA Doms, #1)
  • Big Boy
  • Hold Me
  • Wild Fling or a Wedding Ring?
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Raising the Stakes (Three of a Kind, #2)
  • Do Over
  • Long Time Coming
Since she began writing in 2008, Meg Maguire has published nearly forty romances and erotic novels with a variety of publishers, sometimes under the pen names Cara McKenna and C.M. McKenna. Her stories have been acclaimed for their smart, modern voice and defiance of convention. She was a 2015 RITA Award finalist, a 2014 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award winner, a 2012 and 2011 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award ...more