Start by marking “The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales

The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales

Write Well to Sell Big!

In the age of e-mail and instant communication, great sales copy is indispensable to closing a deal. But too many sales letters end up in the junk file or the wastebasket. In this new edition of his top-selling book, author Dan Kennedy explains why some sales letters work and most don't. And he shows how to write copy that any business can use.

Among
Published February 1st 2006 by Adams Media (first published January 27th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Sales Letter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Sales Letter

Chad Warner
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: copywriters, marketers, entrepreneurs, business owners
Recommended to Chad by: Seth Getz
A useful guide to writing sales copy. The third edition, published in 2006, deals mostly with printing and mailing sales letters, but many of the principles of sales copy are timeless and apply to any medium. There are many specific examples.

Kennedy is a fan of long copy, and claims that research shows it’s more effective than short copy. He makes a good point about appealing to buyers, and not being concerned about nonbuyers.

I agree with most of Kennedy’s advice, but I disagree with his willing
Marlene
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, kindle
Copywriting basics. Adding to the library. It's fine. I can't say it changed my life.
Daniel Taylor
Dan Kennedy reveals why he's the highest paid copywriter in the world in this book. Put simply, he works hard to collect the information — a lazy man would say an excessive amount — that he needs for each part of the sales letters he writes.

For Kennedy, writing sales letters is not creative; it's about following a process — a paint by numbers rather than a think outside the box approach. He guides you through each element of an effective sales letter, why it matters and how to present the inform
Jeffrey
Jun 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
This is really geared toward offline marketers but onliners can use it too. And after all, Dan Kennedy is the master of marketing. I like his renegade attitude. He pulls no punches. Want something accademic, just unapplied theory? Go to college. Want to be successful? Read Kennedy. I'm a Gold-Plus member and get his monthly newsletter and I've spent thousands on his training CDs, DVDs, and seminars. Want to breat from the fold? Get away from that boss who tells you when to go to work, lunch, hom ...more
VITOR BRAGA Santos
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dan Kennedy, posso chamar ele de mentor?

Seus conselhos são preciosos, durante todo o tempo que eu acompanho marketing digital e marketing de resposta direta dos guris mais bem sucedidos em vender produtos digitais e cursos online Dam é um dos mestres mais citados.

Até Hiper copywriters, nomes como John Carlton, Jay Abraham recomendam seu trabalho, não tem como ler um livro dele com bastante atenção.

Esse livro é tudo sobre o processo de escrever uma ótima copy, e o processo é simples para ser efet
Waseem
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for any type of Marketer or Sales Person. Embarrassingly although in marketing online myself now for a few years... I've only got round to finishing it now.. But I've discovered its one of the early editions one I read... So I'm for sure going to read to the latest one... Nevertheless this is packed with Golden Nuggets!!!- buy it or the new one if you want to see more sales in your business and/or increase in income ASAP ;)

Waseem Mirza
Andrew Nathan
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My reference book whenever I write sales copy.
Ben Lobaugh
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book if you want to learn letter writing techniques. As a newbie I found it a bit over my head with all the new concepts, but it is so well written that I am positive a second read through as I gain more understanding is going to power up and sales letters I write!
craig washington
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative

I enjoyed this read. I found that as a new freelance copywriter, many of the things that I did instinctively were actual techniques used by professionals. I intend to keep this book around for future use as a reference guide.
Melissa
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kennedy
Very technical book

I found this book to have a lot of technical and practical tips that every business marketing department should know. While a lot of it is beyond me, it is my becoming my baseline for my marketing employees.
Bradley Woods
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this and got some good info out of it on steps in crafting a sales letter. Will reread this book and implement more of what it says into my workflow.
Phillip Shepard
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for any business or marketer
Joe Schulteis
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Very informative. I get something new out of it every time I read it
Gin
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entrepreneurship
Old but still valid arguments about how to write a great ad copy. Must read if you are in advertising or marketing field or any other proffession - it will help you to tell the story better.
K. Rezaiezadeh
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exactly what it promises to be - clear, concise and thoroughly entertaining. A must-have for any copywriter.
Limo Oueslati
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jan Brinkmann
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Not specific to online marketing, but timeless insights. I have added like 20 - 30 markers to the book.
Dmitry Kuriakov
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
К покупке книги Дэна Кеннеди «Продающее письмо: полное руководство для копирайтера» подвигло её нахождения в списке «рекомендуемой литературы» в книге другого выдающегося копирайтера - Шугермана. В общем и целом книга, которая прочитывается полностью всего за 2 часа можно рекомендовать как дополнительную литературу к трём основным книгам по рекламе («Огилви о рекламе» Дэвид Огилви, «Проверенные методы рекламы» Джон Кейплз, «Искусство создания рекламных посланий. Справочник выдающегося американск ...more
Pavel Godiaev
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
без свежих идей, но стройно и логично
Eric
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dropped, business
I have a few reasons for not liking this book, and I happen to think they're pretty good.

First, the book is terribly disjointed. It's a collection of the top twenty sales letter techniques and they don't connect well at all. In the middle of a chapter on one thing, he'd talk about something else, which ends up being pretty annoying. it works for twenty blog posts, but not for a book.

Second, the author is freaking annoying. He has a knack for writing the scariest copy ever, and he takes a lot of
Margot Note
"My '10 Smart Market Diagnosis and Profiling Questions'
1. What keeps them awake at night, indigestion boiling up their esophagus, eyes open, staring at the ceiling?
2. What are they afraid of?
3. What are they angry about? Who are they angry at?
4. What are their top three daily frustrations?
5. What trends are occurring and will occur in their businesses or lives?
6. What do they secretly, ardently desire most?
7. Is there a built-in bias to the way they make decisions?
8. Do they have their own langu
Viivika Tamm
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Nimekiri sammudest, mida eduka müügikirja koostamiseks teha. Ülevaatlik ja piisavalt põhjalik.

Häiris 2 asja: esiteks oli terve raamat ise üks suur müügikiri - igal teisel lehel püüti lugejale autori muid tooteid pähe määrida; teiseks propageeris raamat mõtteviisi, kus kõik on müügitehingu kindlustamiseks lubatud - tõe väänamisest sulaselge valetamiseni. Väga ameerikalik lähenemine.

Iseenesest polnud üldse kehv raamat, lihtsalt ei läinud minu maailmavaatega kokku. Kui Sul pole midagi agressiivsete
Chiara Cokieng
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: copywriter
Get if: 1. You need to write something to sell something, and 2. You're not a copywriter. I still use it for easy copywriting jobs. This is my go-to recommendation for people needing to write salesletters and landing pages. Contains just enough mindset stuff to understand what it takes to sell something, but also practical enough (contains templates and checklists) to ship your salesletter without overthinking.
Sven
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3-wealth
The Ultimate Sales letter presents the most important techniques to write a good one. It forces you to think from your reader's point of view again and again. It's not about the product YOU want to sell, it's all about the NEEDS of your potential customers. There's nothing more to say besides that it's a practical handbook. Do the exercises and write, write, write.
Aubree Deimler
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
While I don't have intentions of mailing out sales letters I was hoping to pick up some tips from copywriting guru Dan Kennedy for writing web copy. I found some useful tips but the book is very much focused on print letters, so I found myself skimming a lot of the time.
Joe
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for new ideas to help market your business. You need to get this book because it will help you be a better letter/ad writer. Anyone can learn from Dan Kennedy and you'll learn it's not hard to write your own letters and advertisements.
Joanny Liu
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gives you insight to writing sales letters and sales copy.
Sergei
Feb 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dissapointment. "How to deceive people into buying crap they don't need" - why is it always so with sales?
Obi
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan Kennedy is a genius. Very easy and insightful read. Makes me want to read all his books.
Charles Kraus
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lots of great ideas that are still relevant today. A good reference book to keep handy for everyday use.
  • Advertising Secrets of the Written Word: The Ultimate Resource on How to Write Powerful Advertising Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters and Mail Order Entrepreneurs
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • How to Write a Good Advertisement: A Short Course in Copywriting
  • Breakthrough Advertising
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
  • My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising
  • Words that Sell
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
  • Zero-Resistance Selling: Achieve Extraordinary Sales Results Using World Renowned techqs Psycho Cyberneti
  • Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods, and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople
  • Great Leads: The Six Easiest Ways To Start Any Sales Message
  • The Irresistible Offer: How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, ACT, Relate
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • The Boron Letters
  • The Sticking Point Solution: 9 Ways to Move Your Business from Stagnation to Stunning Growth InTough Economic Times
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
Dan S. Kennedy is the provocative, truth-telling author of seven popular No B.S. books, thirteen business books total; a serial, successful, multi-millionaire entrepreneur; trusted marketing advisor, consultant and coach to hundreds of private entrepreneurial clients running businesses from $1-million to $1-billion in size; and he influences well over 1-million independent business owners annually ...more
“Always enter the conversation already occurring in the customer's mind.” 1 likes
“Do not arrive as an interruption or disruption, attempting to divert your reader's attention from the object it is focused on, fighting to interest him in something different from what he is already, at this moment, interested in. Instead, align yourself with the subjects already possessing his attention, the matters already garnering his interest, the self-talk conversation already occurring in his mind, and the conversations he is already having around the water-cooler at work or at the kitchen table at home with peers, friends, and family.” 1 likes