Start by marking “About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)” as Want to Read:
About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)

About That Night

(FBI/US Attorney #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  21,211 ratings  ·  1,328 reviews
He's Playing Games

Though Rylann Pierce tried to fight the sparks she felt for billionaire heir Kyle Rhodes the night they met, their sizzling chemistry was undeniable. But after being stood up on their first date, Rylann never expected to see him again. So when she finds herself face-to-face with Kyle in a courthouse nine years later, she's stunned. More troubling to the b
Mass Market Paperback, 284 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about About That Night, please sign up.
Karli The first 2 will give you background and info about some characters, but it's not necessary to understand and enjoy this book. I read #1 then #3…moreThe first 2 will give you background and info about some characters, but it's not necessary to understand and enjoy this book. I read #1 then #3 because that's what my library had. Now that #2 and #4 are here, I'm reading them. My only problem is remembering the first 2 I read because it was so long ago, not that they were out of order.(less)

·  21,211 ratings  ·  1,328 reviews

Erika
"There are some things a girl never forgets, Ry. And one of those is a kiss from a right guy."

There are some things I know I would likely find in Julie James's books.
1. No TSTL heroine
2. Informative stuffs
3. Hilarity
4. Great supporting characters
5. No unnecessary misunderstandings in romance

About That Night is no exception. Rylann Pierce aka Prosecutrix Pierce and Kyle Rhodes aka Smug Dimples are two down to earth characters. Rylann was a typical Julie James's heroine. Strong, independent, ambit
Dija
Julie James makes me want to throw my psychology degree out the window and try out for law school instead. If all this sass and bad-assery is what they teach in law, sign me up!

After having read all of JJ's published novels so far, there are several things I've come to expect from her:

1. Confident, bold, and yummy heroes whose jobs or pasts involve the law in some way.
2. Sarcastic, spirited, and driven heroines who're usually attorneys.
3. Great sexual chemistry between the H&h which neve
Seda
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
”Bana ikinci kez benden etkilendiğini söyledin. Dokuz yıl önce doktora sınavına girdiğimi söylediğimde de aynı tepkiyi vermiştin. Demek artık beni pohpohluyorsun.”
“Onca yıl sonra söylediklerimi hala hatırlıyor musun?”
“O geceye dair hemen her şeyi hatırlıyorum. Unutması zor bir hafta sonu.”
“Benim yanımda olmak sana tuhaf geliyor mu? Yani sana o hafta sonu yaşanan kötü olayları hatırlatıyor muyum?”
“Hayır. Senin yanında olmak, o hafta sonu başıma gelen tek güzel şeyi hatırlatıyor.”

Kyle ❤❤ Ne tara
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I’m an avid Julie James fangirl and I love her snappy, clever, banterific dialogue and snarky humor. Practice Makes Perfect, Something About You, and A Lot Like Love were some of my favorite reads of last year, and I’ve been eagerly awaiting Kyle’s story.

Although I didn’t enjoy About That Night as much as the previous books in the FBI/US Attorney series, it’s still an entertaining, satisfying read. The romance between sexy computer genius Kyle Rhodes, aka “Smug Di
Duchess Nicole
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“There are some things a girl never forgets, Ry. And one of those is a kiss from the right guy”

This was a fabulous read! I'm still excited a day after I finished it. I "read" the audio. My rating for the narrator is about a 3.5-4 stars. My rating for the book, 4.5 stars.

So the premise is really about two things:
1. The night that Ryland and Kyle meet, kiss, and then separate for nine years
2. How Kyle Rhodes became the "Twitter Terrorist" and an ex con

“I do
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

An unforgettable kiss started it all...

Nine years ago, Rylann Pierce, a sweet girl with big dreams met a billionaire heir named Kyle Rhodes. They talked, sparks ignited. Kyle walked her home like a perfect gentleman, leaving her breathless after one kiss and a promise to see her again the next day.

But when Kyle is a no-show the next day, Rylann decides that dating a billionaire heir isn’t in her six-year plan. So she busies herself, working on her career until she becom
♥Rachel♥
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
3.5 Stars

When I think of a classy adult romance, Julie James always comes to mind. I loved the first two of the FBI /US Attorney series, and for the most part I enjoyed this one as well.

Rylann Pierce is a US Assistant Attorney just moved from San Francisco to Chicago back to her roots after a breakup. One of her first cases is a “time-served” early release case of Kyle Rhodes, “the Twitter Terrorist.” This is a little awkward because it just so happens that nine years ago Rylann and Kyle shared
Catarina
4 Hacker Stars.

description

Rylann and Kyle spent a very special night in college but when they want to be together again, live throws them a curveball and sets them apart for the next nine years.
Now they meet again, where Kyle is a witness to one of Rylann’s cases. Problem? Rylann is a US assistant attorney and Kyle is a ex-con who just spent a few months in prison for a hacking attack.
Neither of them forgot what happened between them nine years ago and although this feels like a second change… could th
Mindy Lou's Book Review
A fun series of standalone books. This featured Kyle, the brother of Jordan from book 2 and Ryland, a new character to the series.

Kyle is fresh out of prison for hacking twitter and shutting it down for 24 hours. The previous DA pushed for maximum sentence due to his father's billionaire status. In book 2, he was released early after his sister made a deal with the new DA if she helped the FBI get into an exclusive wine party to plant bugs in the owners office.

Kyle and Ryland met for only one ni
Mimi Smith
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Facts are:

Julie James publishes ONE book a year
Julie James is a great writer
I love Julie James's books, but...
...for one book a year they're way too short.

Basically, I LOVED this book, and everything about it, but I just wanted MORE. More of the relationship development, Kyle, everything, KYLE...
The humor in these books is amazing...

"Rae shifted her position to check out the object of their discussion. “If that’s the new face of computer geek, sign me up. He can push my keyboard buttons
Lisa Kay
Usually in sleek, black business suits for court, here is Rylann in worn flannel. (view spoiler)

[image error]

★★★★ Enjoyed this one a lot, despite it being a bit chick-lit-ish (not my usual genre). Ms. James is one of those authors who ‘writes great heroines’ – and Rylann Pierce is certainly such a specimen. Some people described her as snarky (or boring); I found her intelligent and articulate.

Ooops! I did something I rarely do and pee
Jess
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

“There are probably a lot of things bad-boy ex-cons don’t know about good-girl prosecutors.”

Smug Dimples, Prosecutrix Pierce, Meth Lab Rylann and the Twitter Terrorist (or my favorite version of this that comes up El Twitter Terrorista) are all nicknames that our hero and heroine are called during ABOUT THAT NIGHT and it’s the way these nicknames are used during the quick, witty banter that Kyle and Rylann have that drew me right in. What stood out the m
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrator – Karen White
I enjoyed this narration. Ms. White did a great job of both male/female voices and I never struggled to discern who was speaking with the various characters. I would gladly listen to more audiobooks narrated by her.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about this series so of course instead of starting at the beginning I jumped into the middle.

description

Nine years ago, Rylann Pierce met Kyle Rhodes and they shared instant chemistry along with their fun barbs and quips. Now th
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I’m a huge Julie James fan and her previous book, A Lot Like Love was a favorite of mine last year. In that book we meet Kyle, the son of a billionaire, a brilliant computer scientist, and also a prison inmate. Yes the hero of this book is an ex-con. A very sexy, adorable one at that.

Although Kyle is extremely wealthy, he works hard as the vice president of network security for his father’s company. He also plays hard too, and when his supermodel girlfriend dumps him via twitter, and then posts
Chan
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Writing: I like Julie James’ writing style. She knows how to hold her readers attention. 2 POVs. 3rd Person narration.

Characters: Rylann and Kyle are the MCs. Rylann’s personality was similar to Cameron’s in book 1. Kyle was a great character, but his transition into maturity was not that great. I had to remind myself he was no longer that immature kid.

Storyline: Book 2 informs us that Kyle has committed a horrible (albeit funny) crime. In book 3 we get more details on the crime. We also meet Ry
Saly
Rating 3.5

I've been waiting for this story since last year because who doesn't love reading about a billionaire that looks like Sawyer from LOST and downed twitter when his girlfriend dumped him publicly? I say awesome setup and it was and Kyle was totally yummy.

Kyle and Rylann met nine years ago and had a connection and a date which never went anywhere because Kyle's mom died and Rylann became a lawyer and followed her career plan to the T. Kyle never did his PhD.D and went to work at his fathe
Sam (AMNReader)
It's not exactly that I don't like this book. It's that I don't care. I think, despite having two of this author's books left on my Kobo, is time to admit she doesn't do it for me. Heavily plot-driven, yet unrealistic situations aren't the romance I favor.

I'd be really surprised if an ethical lawyer didn't immediately, whether new or not, disclose history with a defendant anf/or a witness. I have a job where I have to disclose stuff. I do so unreservedly. What a dumb risk.

Anyway, that's not rea
Sheryl C. Nash
One million stars!! What? Yup, you read right. In all my 1000+ reviews on Goodreads, the most i have credited to an author was either 10 stars or 100 stars, but this book exceeded my expectations AND THEN SOME! I'm sure we have all been excited for a book, only for it to fall flat when we finally got our hands on it, well... About That Night is NOT ONE OF THOSE BOOKS!!! I was DYING to read about Kyle Rhodes when i met him in the previous book in the FBI series;A Lot Like Love ... here was guy wh ...more
Anne OK
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
“About That Night” made my day! Sometimes this reader just wants a contemporary romance that is filled with feel-good feelings, smartly written dialogue, sexy romance, and charming characters to win my heart. That’s exactly what Julie James’s latest release provided in spades. I read it from cover to cover without moving out of my chair.

Our hero isn’t thinking clearly when he strikes out to settle a score and crashes Twitter. Soon he finds himself being escorted off an airplane by FBI agents an
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Jun 26, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5

When I wrote that I wouldn't mind Kyle's story I didn't know I'd get it in the next book. I'm not complaining. I loved Kyle.
If you read the series in order, you already know what happened to him and why.

Unlike the first two books though, this one has almost zero suspense. Yes, there is a case at first but it really serves only one purpose - to give Kyle and Rylann an opportunity to meet again.
About That Night is a light romance and one could find things to nitpick, but I won't. It was fun an
Lučka

I don't know how to review this series. It's obviously working for me, for the reasons I can't explain. I admit I sported a goofy smile from time to time when the MCs bantered.
description

The MC's are likable with the semi-alpha H and strong-willed h. The plot is really light and somewhat entertaining, the writing style suits me and I really enjoyed this Chick Lit.

Will continue to read this series.

fleurette
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have already read one book in this series. The series that as far as I know is very popular and enjoyed by the readers. And again, like with the previous book I read, I liked it and at the same time I’m a bit disappointed.

Well, I’m a huge fan of romantic suspense and this is definitely not a romantic suspense story. I knew it from the very beginning and I wasn’t surprised. But it doesn’t change the fact that I sooo wanted it to be more suspenseful. There are some perfect opportunities. Rylann
Amy
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing

@KyleRhodes

Profile: Blonde billionaire heir with a love for flannel, exceptional wine, and likes his women hot and spicy just like his chicken wings; hater of all things Victoria’s Secret.

Hashtags: #SmugDimples, #HotandSpicy, #TwitterTerrorist

Trending: # Prosecutrix Pierce, #Counselor, #Meth Lab Rylann,

Call it fate or two ships crossing in the night, but that is exactly how Kyle Rhodes, son to billionaire Grey Rhodes, has stumbled upon Rylann Pierce in a bar celebrating her grad student status a
Nina Draganova
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Джули Джеймс постепенно се превръща в една от любимите ми авторки.
И тази книга е заредена с хумор и всичките съпътстващи елементи на любовния роман.
Това е основната причина поради , която харесвам книгите й.
Освен това страхотните диалози.
Не е най-добрата й книга, но се чете на един дъх.
И чакам следващата с нетърпение.

Kristal Kitap
Seri gittikçe güzelleşiyor. Nasıl özlemişim nasıl bitirmemek için uğraştım anlatamam. Son sayfalar yaklaştıkça başa dönüp tekrar başlamak istedim ki kitap hiç bitmesin. Julie'nin tarzını özlemişim. Suratımda hep bi tebessümle okudum. Serinin son 2 kitabının kalmış olması ayrı bir mutsuzluk yaşatıyor insana.

Kyle şirinlik ötesi seksi, aşık çocuk. O nasıl bir tatlılıktır Allahım ölecem sandım bir ara. Gözlerimden kalpler fışkırıp durdu habire. Seni şapşik yerim seni diye diye okudum.😂 İkiziyle ola
AJ
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic instalment in Julie James’ FBI/US Attorney series! This time, the story is about Rylann Pierce, Assistant US Attorney, and billionaire-heir, computer genius, ex-con and gorgeously sexy Kyle Rhodes (brother of Jordan, the heroine from book 2 - A Lot Like Love).

Rylann and Kyle meet as Grad Students one night in a bar, and with an instant physical attraction and sensational banter, there is some serious chemistry between them. They make plans to meet up the following night, but K
Lauren
About That Night
2 Stars

The night they first met, Kyle Rhodes and Rylann Pierce made sparks fly. Now, he is an ex-con and potential witness in a high profile case that Rylann, a US Attorney, is assigned to. Neither can allow their past to cloud the present but passion has way of overcoming all obstacles.

Was expecting a romantic suspense plot and got a disappointing contemporary romance instead. Why deviate from the series style, especially since the potential for an excellent suspense story invo
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third addition to the FBI/US Attorney series by Julie James. Kyle Rhodes, the brother of Jordan Rhodes from the previous book, A Lot Like Love is a computer genius who shut down the twitter website and was sent to prison. After four months he is out. Assistant Rylann Pierce now needs his testimony regarding a different case.

Lots of funny banter and great characters. A joy to read. It may not be my favorite of the series but it's still really good. I would have liked to see more "romance" in
Samantha Young
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Completely addictive, About That Night is smart, funny (the crime Kyle committed, and why, had me in stitches!), witty, sexy and utterly entertaining. Kyle somehow manages to be incredibly hot and offbeat at the same time, and Rylann's sense of humour and self-possession was really refreshing. She was such a likeable heroine. Love it!
Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the story. Now I'm off to start back at the beginning as I didn't realise this was book 3 (apparently I can't read titles properl
Jaci Burton
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. Fun, sexy, and oh-so-romantic, Julie always writes my favorite romances. Kyle and Rylann burned up the pages, made me laugh in spots, left me teary eyed in places, and my heart squeezed at the ending. I can't wait for the next book!
What's the Name o...: Romance: guy hacks into social network, opens security company [s] 5 33 Apr 13, 2014 12:56PM
Me likey 16 151 May 17, 2013 12:18AM
Romance Lovers fo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. About That Night by Julie James, start: 4th April 2012 60 54 Apr 17, 2012 06:31AM

• Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Her Best Worst Mistake (Elizabeth and Violet #2)
  • About Last Night
  • Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • Jacked Up (Fast Track, #6)
  • Hot Under Pressure (Rising Star Chef, #3; Recipe for Love, #6)
New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into twenty-two languages and Julie’s ninth novel, THE THING ABOUT LOVE, is now available.

Julie Jam

FBI/US Attorney (7 books)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
  • Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)
  • The Thing About Love
“Because nine years ago, I walked up to the most beautiful girl in the bar, and tonight she's still the only person I want to talk to.” 102 likes
“I will never, ever regret stopping you from walking out of my life a second time, Kyle," she said in an emotional voice. "And I can prove it."
She reached for the buttons on her trench coat and undid them, one at a time. Then she opened the coat and let it drop to the floor.
And even if she didn't say a single word more, Kyle knew he would never again doubt the way Rylann felt about him.
She was wearing his flannel shirt.
"You kept it," he said softly. "All this time."
She nodded. "For nine years, I've held on to this darn shirt, literally dragging it across the country and back."
Kyle touched her cheek, gently brushing away a tear with his thumb. "Why?"
She paused hesitantly, and then with a tender smile, finally put it all on the line, too. "I guess I always hoped you'd come back for it someday.”
73 likes