Start by marking “Breaking Dawn: Collector's Edition” as Want to Read:
Breaking Dawn: Collector's Edition

Breaking Dawn: Collector's Edition (Twilight #4)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  1,119,683 Ratings  ·  44,828 Reviews
The fourth book in The Twilight Saga phenomenon is now available in a deluxe collector's edition! Featuring a ribbon bookmark, cloth cover, new chapter opener designs, and a beautiful protective slipcase, this edition is perfect for fans and collectors alike.

In Breaking Dawn, to be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously
Hardcover, Collector's Edition, 768 pages
Published October 3rd 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published August 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Dawn, please sign up.

Lora Swafford He imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you…moreHe imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you imprint on someone, it's not as much as a falling in love, as it is wanting to be with that person forever, and wanting to protect them and make sure they are safe. And it's not "EW" he isn't going to do anything until she is A LOT older. He will be like an older brother to her until she is older. (less)

Karene
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jenne
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
oh yes, so VERY many spoilers! and unladylike language, sorry.

p.1: god help me. Here we go.

p.8: yep, Edward is already "going overboard" protecting Bella.

p.20: Her parents think it's a good idea for her to marry this weirdo at 18? They never think ANYTHING is a good idea.

p.33: Vampire babies! creepy! in a good way.

p.58: Jacob!

p.72: I swear Bella never just goes anywhere, you always have to DRAG her like a toddler.

p.85: I think they just had sex!! OMG!!

p.86: now of course we have to suffer throug
Annalisa
Aug 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls who like a happy ending at all cost
I was so disenchanted with Eclipse I wasn't excited for this read, but I had to know how it ends. I held off judgment in hopes that the conclusion would redeem the series. The verdict? Hard-to-swallow soap opera. A car crash you can't stop staring at in hopes that something salvageable comes out of the wreckage. But nothing does. So bad I started taking notes on all the plot holes because I couldn't keep track. What happened to the story that captured the hearts of girls everywhere?

You can't fal
Jillian
Feb 23, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to spoon their eyes out
Natalie Monroe
Robert Pattinson hates Twilight so much, it's hysterical.

Interviewer: “Millions of Twilight fans, they cannot wait to see this, it’s almost heartbreaking because they don’t want it to be over. It’s a little bittersweet, isn’t it?”

That look on his face is pure, unadulterated joy.

And let's not forget this:

From the mouth of the guy who plays him.

Or these:

And of course, the rest of the cast:

Janae
Jun 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die-Hard Twilight Fans, not appropriate for young teens.
James
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy
Reviewer update Aug 2009: I have demoted the book from 5 to 4 stars. My confession/explanation is at the end of the original, unedited review.
___

Yes, I gave it 5-stars. This is partly because I was so pleased by it compared to the last two books in the series that I overreacted. But I also approve of her approach to the book and have rated it so highly in order to counteract those reviewers out there who hated it because they felt Bella was a bad example to young girls.

***THESE TWO PARAGRAPHS SP
SR
Page 318 - Had her body changed because she was a werewolf? Or had she become a werewolf because her body was wrong? The only female werewolf in the history of forever. Was that because she wasn't as female as she should be?

Okay, it's always been obvious that the only things Smeyer finds important in life are marriage and babies, the younger the better, but what the fuck, y'all. I am beyond disgusted at this. (edit - this is kind of unclear, mostly because at the time of typing I was too angry t
Lissa
This is a direct quote from Seth, Stephenie Meyer's brother and the person who runs her website.

"In an attempt to keep the books clean and not make young girls think about things that they don't need to think about, no other book mentioned anything about reproductive systems."

Hear that, girls?

You're not supposed to think about things.

Especially not sex.

Don't think about sex. Ever.

Or you will be thinking about things you shouldn't be thinking about.

Don't think about boys. Thinking about boys lead
Abby
Aug 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Teresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that would jump off a bridge just to meet Edward
****For you dumbasses people that look up to Bella Swan and think she's an inspiration (if such people exist in the world), read this:

12 Things That The Twilight Series Taught Me

1. It's okay to abandon your parents after graduation (literally)

2. When a vampire wants to kill you, hide out on a mountain and run for your life while your boyfriend's family fight to protect you.

3. It is the most romantic and beautiful thing in the world when a guy you barely know oils your bedroom window to watch yo
Ann
Recommends it for: Nobody
Denys L.H.
May 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crackheads
The last book of the series. You would think this would all get better, eh? It hasn't for the most part. But yeah, there is a happy ending (no doubt about it). Yeah, they DO IT (Bitchface and Edtard). Yeah, Bella turns into a vampire. How come I'm not surprised? The novel ended all too neat and too predictable. But in the middle of the book, there was a whole load of unfortunate and turning events going on. And no, I didn't see THAT one coming...

In the beginning of the book, Bella is bitching (o
Cait • A Page with a View
WHAT. No, seriously, what just happened. Like the entire book (and series) built up to this huge final battle. They're all lined up ready for some epic fight and then... (view spoiler)

It just kept fading to black any time something remotely interesting could've happened. This might be the most anti-climactic ending I've ever found.

Plus, most of t
Meredith
Jul 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a masochist and a moron
Recommended to Meredith by: I'm going to shoot them in the face
Shelves: ya
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Manny
There's a nice progression here, anyway. I lent Twilight to Cate-across-the-road; we gave her New Moon as a present, and she lent it back to me; most recently, she bought Eclipse, and I borrowed it after she finished. I suggested to her father that the logical next step would be for me to sneak in through her bedroom window and steal Breaking Dawn. I'm not entirely sure he found this funny.

____________________________________________

I am shocked, dismayed, not surprised at all to discover from U
Fabian
Aug 22, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only those who have read the first three
Recommended to Fabian by: Someone who obviously didn't know my taste
You read the first 200 pages & tell yourself: Cronenberg could be proud. Am I witnessing the biggest twist in literature history? This was the equivalent of Frodo Baggins losing the ring or Hannibal Lecter coming out of the closet! The book begins in foreign, even (gasp!) exciting territory... something so outlandish... in the right hands it just might have worked. Or at least redeemed the three prior mediocre novels. Meyer does neither.

This belonging in the long, half-assed written series s
Syl
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Airheads
Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ramona
The first book from this series comes with a great and unique story line that will leave you hanging until the last pages, but believe me, the torture will be worth it.

I am a big fan of the series and of the movies, but the books always had a special place in my heart because it is impossible to capture all the details of the plot in just 2 hours of shooting.
So, because of this, the book rock and give you a complete image of the Twilight universe.

In Breaking Dawn, we have the great moment we all
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“I want you, and I want you forever. One lifetime is simply not enough for me.”

I want to start this review with reminiscing my good old days when I was a teenager and had been waiting the movies to come out. Twilight was more than just my childhood imagination, it was likely my second world to escape the truth and live my life in the small town where supernatural creatures are real. Everyone wants to be someone important for those you love. This book also answered each question that I've kept
Kiki
I saw the movie for this the day after it came out, because for some reason my mother's ideal 50th birthday experience was to go watch Bella drink blood from a Slurpee cup. D'you know what? It was the best movie so far. A true cinematic masterpiece, deep with emotional nuance, dark and gritty themes of power and family ties, and this scene where a bunch of talking wolves argue with each other and I just can't even keep typing, because just thinking about that scene where this bunch of fucking do ...more
Heather
Apr 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Serious Twilighters Only
Holly
Tea Jovanović
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mislim da je ovaj serijal trebalo da se završi samo s jednim tomom i to Sumrakom... Onaj vampirski porođaj u Praskozorju mi je mnogo teško pao (mentalno), a naporađala sam se silnih žena po knjigama Danijele Stil (ponekad sam imala i po 2 porođaja po jednoj knjizi) te se mogu smatrati za prevodioca-akušera s ogromnim iskustvom... :)
RavenclawReadingRoom
Honestly, if I could give this garbage a rating of negative seven trillion stars, I would. Because that's how awful it is.

I'm sorry if you love this book and this series, but friend? You need to read this book CRITICALLY, because it is a fucking trainwreck. Let's break this down because I have a lot of thoughts.

THIS BOOK NEEDS EDITING LIKE WHOA
- Seriously, the writing is so bad. So clunky. So drawn out.
- This thing is 756 pages long. It could have been half that length and still covered everyth
CupcakeBlonde
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Twilight
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
  • Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • The Awakening / The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2)
  • Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to Goo ...more
More about Stephenie Meyer...

Twilight (4 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
“Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother,Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up'.” 3067 likes
“Hey, Rosalie? Do you know how to drown a blonde? Stick a mirror to the bottom of a pool.” 1865 likes