Start by marking “Nomad on the Run: A Nomad Thriller Series - Book 1” as Want to Read:
Nomad on the Run: A Nomad Thriller Series - Book 1

Nomad on the Run: A Nomad Thriller Series - Book 1

Beneath the golden desert and azure seas of Morocco lurks a hidden world of greed, deceit and financial terrorism. But the players are not who you might think. Lured away from his seemingly idyllic life as a managing director for a major international bank in Toronto, Eric Martin returns to his ancestral roots in Morocco. Tempted by a mysterious offer from a boutique finan ...more
Published April 15th 2011 by Bookstand Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Nomad on the Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nomad on the Run

Start your review of Nomad on the Run: A Nomad Thriller Series - Book 1
David Watson
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eric Martin was making a good living as managing director for a major international bank in Toronto. Everything changes as he receives a mysterious job offer from a financial firm in Morocco. Having been born in Morocco and wanting to visit his ancestral home, he decides to meet with firm's president Jeff Offenbach. He finds out that we are at the beginning of a global financial crisis which this firm may be trying to capitalize on.

Eric now finds himself over his head in a world where no one can
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I was intrigued by this thriller series because of its exotic setting. You know that I love European settings but really, anything exotic, gets my attention. In addition, this book also takes place in Canada, in particular, Toronto and my own home city of Montreal. So how could I resist checking it out?

The story starts off strong but then immediately slows down with details and scenes that do not propel the plot forward, and I was worried it was going to continue at this pace. Once the main char
Sandra Olshaski
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
The prologue drew me in immediately – the Rock of Gibraltar, an Arabic-speaking watcher, the feel of faraway, exotic places, and an ominous atmosphere. .

This is a very well-written thriller with a complex, sophisticated, creative plot. The author successfully builds the suspense and maintains the feeling that something sinister is imminent.

Eric Martin, a successful, if somewhat disillusioned bank director in Toronto, Canada, accepts a mysterious offer from a financial house in Morocco - "like a
Gabriel Valjan
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nomad on the Run is my first introduction to Georges Bénay’s writing. I plan to read his next book, The Nomad’s Premonition, to see what happens next with Eric Martin. Either bored with his life as bank director or plain greed compels Mr. Martin to respond to an email that guarantees a 30% return on investment, if he’ll move to Morocco. With one mouse click, Eric’s life is changed. Martin is not unlikable but he is flawed, and I’m not convinced that, despite his intelligence, he’s a better perso ...more
Marilyn Wilson
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After a really hectic day of work - something that seems to be de rigueur at this moment - it 's always a welcome distraction to pick up an engaging work of fiction. Nomad on the Run by Georges Benay did not disappoint. The author's previous career in banking and extensive travels allowed him bring his characters and settings alive. I could picture them in my mind as I read.

Nomad on the Run offers a great range of characters, unique settings, danger and romance all combine in this unique tale of
Dawn
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

Nomad on the Run is about Eric who is unhappy in his current job as a manager in a large bank in Canada so he quits his job and takes an offer from a small boutique financial firm in Morocco. It doesn’t take too long for things to go awry. Amidst a global financial crisis, the truth about the boutique comes to light.

Eric and Ivan, the genius he recruited from his old bank, realiz
Gail Gilder
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real eye opener

This book gave me an insight into the world of finance. I didn't realise until I read this book that finance was so exciting - a real eye opener. The storyline is gripping and I couldn't put it down. I thoroughly recommend you read this book. A good thriller.
Josh
Jan 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
In a suspenseful thriller approaching the quality and depth of John Grisham and Dan Brown, Georges Benay takes a deep look at the financial systems of the world and deconstructs the problems of a broken system. Because our current world financial system is so fragile, is would be relatively easy for terrorists to strike at the heart of the world economy. After all, if the world financial system were to collapse, whole societies would fall with it.

Eric Martin is a very successful investment banke
Georges Benay
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nomad on the Run is a fast-paced action adventure novel based in the North African kingdom of Morocco about greed, deceit and a vicious scheme to terrorize the global capital markets.

Lured away from his seemingly idyllic life as a managing director for a major international bank, Eric Martin returns to his ancestral roots in Morocco. Tempted by a mysterious offer from a boutique financial firm, Eric soon discovers he has walked into the middle of a whirlwind adventure where everyone has their ow
Feb 22, 2012
Amy
rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2018
Chuck Waldron
Jan 02, 2012
Nancy S
rated it did not like it
Aug 03, 2011
Giada Andolfo
Jan 06, 2018
Sabe Morgan
Aug 29, 2019
Georges Benay is a former international banker who is now working as a Toronto-based writer and award-winning freelance photographer. He is the author of the Nomad series, including the recently released thriller The Nomad's Premonition and a collection of short stories. His award winning pictures have been featured in several magazines and book covers. ...more

News & Interviews