Start by marking “Trip of a Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Trip of a Lifetime

Trip of a Lifetime

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Alex Brady was looking for some excitement in his life, but nothing could have prepared him for what a trip to Tuscany would bring him—excitement, yes, but with an undercurrent of danger that could possibly end up costing him far more than the price of the vacation.

When Alex tells his best friend Russ of his proposed trip to Tuscany, Russ tries to dissuade him, especially
Published April 25th 2011 by Total E-Bound (first published April 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trip of a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trip of a Lifetime

Simsala
I agree with Feliz` spot on review at Jessewave`s: http://www.reviewsbyjessewave.com/201...

Trip of a Lifetime was a sweet,romantic,sexy and a bit goofy (Feliz!) whirlwind romance with likeable MC`s of the touchy-feely kind - couldn`t keep their paws off each other these guys - a nice cast of secondary characters,great setting in Italy and London,a bit of a mystery thrown in and a sunshine-and-roses HEA...made a perfect feelgood read.
Oh,and Gavin`s Scottish accent was the icing on the cake.That..
Candice
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet and romantic read. It was the perfect romantic set up with the American meeting a Scotsman in Italy and them falling in love. Very cliche, but a great read that will leave you smiling at the end.
Bo
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bowie Does It Again

I have mentioned before that J.P. Bowie's strength is taking two seemingly opposite male characters and throwing them together early in a book so that they fall deeply in lust before they even think of forming a relationship.

In this one, he takes a randy and dashing Scottish businessman, Gavin Andrews, and tosses him into the wrong hotel room in Florence just as the man occupying the room, the sweet American blond Alex Brady, steps out of the shower naked. Well, that's propit
Vio
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vio by: Simsala
Shelves: romantic, mystery, lovely
A charming and very romantic love story with a good bit of mystery as well as having a fantastic location Florence you could almost imagine being there lovely. Alex and Gavin have some adventurous moments together but their absolute love for each other sees them through. This is a nice sweet and comforting read I liked it!
Serena Yates
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Trip of a Lifetime is an interesting mix between a mystery, and a romantic love story. Set against the background of Tuscany, Italy it also provides some very interesting and enjoyable scenery. The focus of the story is firmly on Alex and Gavin getting to know each other, but the mystery and illegal shenanigans, including a kidnapping and blackmail, were great ‘icing on the cake’ as far as I’m concerned.

Alex is taking the trip of a lifetime – thinking it will be a wonderful holiday, Little does
Alina
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Super lovely, sweet and heartwarming story!! :)
Loved both guys, loved all the traveling and bits of action and the sex was hot!
Awesome read!
Elisa Rolle
Trip of a Lifetime was not only very romantic, but it also reminded me a lot of those Mills&Boon romances I eagerly read when I was a teenager, and for me this is a huge compliment. Usually in those novels there was always a darkly handsome English/Scottish man who swept away the innocent pale like a tea-rose secretary/teacher/nurse. The Old Europe flavour of those books made them even more special, since, even if the main characters were in danger, or passionately in love, or having trouble ...more
Trisha Harrington
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Such a sweet book, Alex and Gavin were a great couple to read about and the different settings in the book added to it. This is a very fast romance and it only spans about 2-3 months, but its a forever book. Some people might be put off by the insta love but I loved it. I could not tell you who I loved more, Alex or Gavin. They were both funny, sweet and sexy characters. This book is really cheesy and some parts are unrealistic and to be honest I thought it would bother me. But the fact was it d ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very sweet, and very erotic, story of Alex, a young man from the US who is recovering from a bad breakup and Gavin, a sexy Scot who happens to be on business in the same hotel in which Alex stays.

The two have all sorts of adventures, including a kidnapping, and ultimately end up together after overcoming the problem of their geography.

If you like sweet and simple with lots of hot sex thrown in, this is the book for you. Add in a sexy Scot and there's no thought process involved. We even get
Lee
Jun 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reading Trip of a Lifetime will make you all warm and fuzzy inside. Mr. Bowie, well known for his sweet stories, has outdone himself with this book. Sweetness just oozes out of the pages to the point that I felt my insulin levels creep higher and higher. Luckily, there is enough drama and mystery to counteract the sweetness which makes this a very good read. I liked this book and I give it four stars.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Sweet, fun and a bit over the top at times, but definitly worth the read.
Julesmarie
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Sappy and silly and ridiculous and completely unbelievable--this story still left me smiling by the end.

Gavin and Alex are so perfect for each other. They're likely the only people on earth that would put up with they way they both talk and act around each other, so it delighted me that they found each other.

To go from meeting to fucking in one day isn't unusual. To add confessing love within two days and being married within two months, however, is. And these two managed to pull it off without
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: verra-good, jen
4.5 Stars

Alex Brady has been broken up from his lying, cheating ex for the past six months and he’s getting pretty tired of his daily life. He thinks a vacation is in order and plans a spur of the moment trip to Tuscany.

There he meets Gavin Andrews in a very memorable way. The two of them spend a beautiful, romantic and sensational night together. From there these two men have quite a journey full of kidnappers, hot sex, romance, hot sex, traveling, hot sex, murder, finding the one person you’re
Dale Hankins
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A trip to Firenze, meeting a tall Scotsman, falling in love at "first" sight, sounds like a "Trip of a Lifetime" I would definitely not mind having myself. I really enjoy J P Bowie's books and this one certainly did not disappoint. Love the characters of Alex and Gavin.
Shaundra
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
"well, do they?" I wanna know too!! no fair! !
Kiki
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5
Adam
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-mmm-yaoi
Wow. Really enjoyed this one. Very exciting, and I will always fall for a sexy Scotsman.
Romancelover
Sep 05, 2011
Feliz
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, sweet
Absolute feelgood read, a little goofy at times but sooo sweet
Martha
Oct 15, 2011
Mrsgeo
Mar 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
J.P. Bowie was born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. He wrote his first (unpublished) novel – a science fiction tale of brawny men and brawnier women that made him a little suspect in the eyes of his family for a while.

Leaving home at age eighteen for the bright lights of London, he found himself in the midst of a “diverse and creative crowd” that eventually led him to the performing arts. For th
More about J.P. Bowie...