Start by marking “Blind Hunger” as Want to Read:
Blind Hunger

Blind Hunger

When the adults in this small town become monsters, it's time for the children to grow up. And fast. Nestled in the pine-studded hillsides of New England rests the town of Greendale, population 3,812 - and that population just got a heck of a lot smaller. That is, if the Census Bureau decides not to count the walking dead. And if all the adults have become the legions of t ...more
Published April 4th 2011 by Dark Moon Books

To ask other readers questions about Blind Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Hunger

Start your review of Blind Hunger
Amanda Lyons
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Everybody has a zombie plan right? We tell ourselves that its never going to happen and yet who hasn't had a discussion about what they'd do if it ever did? The only trouble is I bet you didn't think that maybe it wasn't going to be you that survived but your kid or the kid next door. What if when it came the zombie was you and every other adult in town, maybe even the world?

In Araminta Matthews' YA novel its the kids dealing with a zombie apocalypse (this time brought on by genetic tampering on
Doug
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A unique look at an ever popular theme, Zombie Apocalypse! Follow a group of kids and young teens as they try to figure out what is going on while trying to survive when seemingly every adult is out to eat them. Will they survive? Will life ever be the same?

The character development is amazing, you feel a connection to each character almost immediately after their introduction. The story setting is very close to home and after finishing this story I often watched my back for any signs of the und
Rute Canhoto
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Acabei de ler “Blind Hunger” dia 19 de Novembro de 2011. Dou-lhe 4 estrelas!
Começo por dizer que não o irei esquecer, por duas razões: em primeiro lugar, foi o primeiro livro (em formato de papel) totalmente em Inglês que li e certamente será bem estimado na minha biblioteca pessoal; em segundo, foi o primeiro livro que li sobre zombies! É verdade! Leio bastante, mas sobre zombies foi uma estreia.
O que achei? É uma história muito bem estruturada em que os acontecimentos se sucedem de forma paral
david e.
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As at Amazon:

A friend of mine suggested I should look into reading this book. We had talked of getting back to reading as the luster of television had lost its sheen.

I read the reviews here and thought, yeah it's time for some creepiness. Amazon's mighty gears cranked and in two days it lay on my stoop.

I started reading about nine in the evening and the creaking noises of the house started to bother me. With a glance here and there I read on. Matthews laid out the scenario and characters.
I immed
Abner
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Yes, your parents could turn into flesh-eating freaks and are very likely going to try to eat you alive.

Let’s face it: unless you had a very traumatic childhood, you probably grew up with an extreme sense of personal safety. Physical injury as a consequence of any foolish risk wasn’t even a consideration – and you probably have the scars to prove it. As long as your parents were there, in your young mind your safety was guaranteed.

In Blind Hunger, Araminta takes that idea of inherent childhood
Sara
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is my friend's debut novel. :o)
Now, I love a good horror story...and with 'Blind Hunger' I wasn't let down in the least. The main characters were very well crafted, the dialogue was entertaining (discussions and banter among children...love it!), and the story was engaging.
I especially enjoyed the science behind the story. Being a Biology-person-teacher-lady I thoroughly enjoyed the references to biotechnology and other related topics (I will NOT put in any spoilers!!!)
Kiley was by far my
Araminta Matthews
Apr 29, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Can I review my own book? Um, I don't think that's entirely ethical. So, I won't give it a star rating. BUT, I can say that it is a scary zombie story in which all the adults in a small, New England town become zombies and a small band of children have to figure out how to survive in a hurry. I hope you enjoy it! And either way, I hope you'll give it an honest review. Just remember--this is my first novel. I'm sure it's rife with tiny mistakes in spite of the four editors it went through both be ...more
Kathi Dubar
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow. Not my usual choice of genre but I found it to be very well written. In fact, I completed the book in what was, for me, a very short time. That speaks volumes. Great character development and suspense. I think Sage was my favorote character.
Diane
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of the best Zombie books I've ever read!
Barb Radmore
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was so pleased when I got this in the mail! It is a blood and gore zombie story told from a unique perspective- kids. This adds to the suspense and chills- the flesh eating takes on a whole new visual when it is youth being devoured pieces at a time. (Strawberry rhubarb jam is no longer on my list of things to have for breakfast!) The plot moves rapidly, it is a true page turner, a one sitting book since the reader is drawn quickly into the story and the characters.
The characters and the sett
Max III
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I came into this story already a little tired of the zombie genre, but was surprised how much my interest for them regrew as I quickly became engrossed in the pages. This is not your typical zombie story, friends, but more so a new creative approach to the tale.

Imagine a world where the only survivals are children--only the adults having turned into zombies. Overnight, these children have to learn how to grow up and take responsibility. There are no warnings--this is their new life, and they ei
Stan Swanson
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Clearly an author to contend with. The characters the author has created are real and easy to identify with, something not all writers can pull off. You cheer them on as they struggle to survive against a town full of the undead. Not an easy task for a group of kids -- especially when they know or are even related to those mindless creatures -- who only want one thing... and it certainly isn't to the advantage of these children. A fun read for adults, but also an easy, fast-moving book that woul ...more
Tracey Stoner
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a zombie-irific book! Definitely a must-read for ALL Mainers, (and Non-Mainers). Even if zombies are not your thing, this book gets 5 stars for the blurbs and jokes that only New Englanders would understand. Reading this book is like stepping outside of your house to find your little town overrun by psycho parents eating their children. There was times it was so graphic, I almost tossed my lobsta dinna!

I can't wait to know and find myself imagining the places that Araminta Star Matthew
Emily Cerda
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Zombie fiction and bloody horror are not my thing, which is the only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5. The plot is fast-paced and the characters are extremely well-developed, making this a very difficult book to put down. Blood and guts aside, this was a fun ride. I hope to hear from these characters again!
Crystal Koskela
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. I can not wait to see what will happen next and honestly I can not wait for my children to be old enough for it! I was drawn in from the first chapter and had a hard time prying myself away!
Siiri Cressey
A bit talky, but very cool nonetheless. I truly was not sure how it would end until it did.
Sarah Yasin
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
funny in spots with good juvenile dialogue.
Ann
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not for me. Too gory, and I spent most of it wishing that one of the characters would just get eaten already.
Lia
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie, next
I love how this book was written with different points of view and I someday wish to own it.
Kristina
great zombie book!
Deb
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
A unique look at an old favorite...Zombies! I enjoyed this book immensely and am looking forward to a part 2! (I hope!)
Jennifer Word
Dec 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I only add books that I liked...at least, so far. This book was good, and I don't usually read YA, or books with YA characters, but I really enjoyed this one.
Rania
Aug 01, 2014 added it
Is it a romance book ???
Andra
Jul 27, 2011
Fabio Girard
Sep 11, 2012
Ienjoyhorror
rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2019
Araminta Star Matthews was born to a pair of geeks from very different geekdom styles: her mother, an avid Stephen King enthusiast, blacked out the windows in her crypt-style bedroom and drank tomato juice lovingly labeled "Fresh Blood;" while her father, a science-fiction/fantasy junky, read her The Lord of the Rings (with voices) on nights he wasn't building his to-pewter-figurine-scale Dungeons ...more

News & Interviews