Start by marking “Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain #2)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  39,718 Ratings  ·  2,628 Reviews
She's ready for the ride of her life . . .

Lauren Grahame is looking to reinvent herself. After leaving her cheating husband, Lauren moves to Carnal, Colorado, and gets a job as a waitress in a biker bar called Bubba's. It's a nothing job in a nowhere joint . . . until Tatum Jackson walks in. Lauren has never seen a man with such good looks, muscles, and attitude. But when
Published April 23rd 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Dreams, please sign up.
Tarina Deaton Yes and no. Sweet Dreams is book 2 of the Colorado Mountain series, but each book within the series can be read as a stand-alone book as there is no…moreYes and no. Sweet Dreams is book 2 of the Colorado Mountain series, but each book within the series can be read as a stand-alone book as there is no plot arc between the books. All the books within the ‘series’ are set in the same general, fictional location within Colorado. Characters from the different books may make an appearance, but their story/book is not integral to the plot of the book you are reading. It helps in later books to have read the previous books in the series, but again it’s not enough to confuse you and you won’t get lost. KA does a decent job of explaining any back story you might need to know.(less)

♡Karlyn P♡
Dec 04, 2011 rated it did not like it

Sigh, DNF

This was my first -- and last -- book by this author. Her stories may be interesting and heartfelt (according to many of her fans), but her writing is NOT great. I found this book to be nothing more than an unedited rough draft not ready for prime time. More so, she doesn't have a polished writing voice, nor does she have a solid grip of basic writing rules. So if you care about well written stories, be sure to read the free chapters online before you buy. Many readers have been able to
Christy
TATE IS ON AUDIBLE!!!! Listening to Sweet Dreams.... I love this book <3
It took me about a week to get through all 25 hours of this audible book, but it was awesome! Just as good as the first time around!!! xoxo

5 Dreamy Stars!!!

photo e8bef76d-9e41-468f-8e39-4c67f66c0efe_zpsb1726237.jpg

I LOVED THIS ONE! Tate Jackson... where have you been all my life? Friends, I am a certified KA addict. I love all her stuff, but this one just went to one of my top KA favorites!

Lauren has spent the last few months of her life in her car, looking for a place to se
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Special Stars

photo 7662219_zpscbdlvu3j.gif

Since I've been sick for days now. I don't really feel like doing a huge review. This one will be shorter and to the point. Kinda... I really enjoyed this book. It was angsty, dramatic, and suspenseful without being over the top or driving me crazy. I loved Tate although not as much as Max from book one. I loved Lauren more than Nina from book one. I thought Tate and Lauren had a great relationship full of passion. I will say this book had a lot of similarities with book one. Bot
Lisa
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm seriously going to need therapy to deal with this addiction to these books!
Baba
EDITED December 15, 2011 and January 1, 2012
On the one hand, I agree that the story needed better editing. On the other hand, Tate would say "Who gives a flying f*ck?" I wholeheartedly agree, Tate! I didn't mind at all. I LOVE this story and I could easily forget those minor issues.
************************************************************************
Tate with beard:

Tate without beard:

Photobucket

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads; to whom sleep is a blessing that comes
Shawna
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance & hot alpha heroes
Recommended to Shawna by: My fellow alpha lovin’ sista Yvonne...and practically everyone else!
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

There are a lot of reviews for this already, so here are some of my random thoughts.

The Bad and The Ugly:

•Yes, it’s an editing nightmare that at times made me want to whip out my red pen and go crazy with correcting remarks.
•There is way too much (and occurring too often) inane detail, especially about the heroine’s wardrobe, outfits, hair, makeup, getting ready, routine, etc. I understand that her self-esteem and makeover were a significant comp
Kristen
HUGE 5+ stars

To say I love Sweet Dreams is an understatement! This is one of those books that not only captures your heart and imagination, but brands itself on you personally and will always, in someway, be a part of you.

Sweet Dreams encompasses everything I love in a romance novel. It's chock-full of richly developed and unique characters, excellent and witty dialogue, steamy but tasteful eroticism, and captivating and exceptional storytelling.

This book is a self published work and there is
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Sweet Dreams is the second book in the Colorado Mountain series and another fantastic read. As is the case with the first book, The Gamble, there are already dozens of awesome reviews, so I’ll keep mine short, and still try to list my favorite things about this story.
1. Tate is an asshat. He’s got a foul mouth, short fuse, and he’s over the top alpha. He’s honorable, hard working and completely devoted to his friends, family, and those who don’t piss him off. He is, in a word, perfect.

2. The wri
Mo
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's still FIVE+ STARS. Re-read!

TATE was hot the first time around. TATE was hot the second time around. To be honest, I am not sure how many times I have read this book, at least 4, maybe 5! TATE is still hot. Fucking Hell, he is one of the hottest Alpha Males I have ever read.

It never gets old. Even though I know the story. I know the other characters. I know the bad guy.

It's Tate and Laurie - how can it get old?

Love the house descriptions, love the clothes descriptions, love the Home Store v
Stacey is Sassy
Re-re-read April 13, 2018

Tate - "Do you love me?"

Laurie - "Yes"

Tate - "That's it"

Yes Tate, that is it. Geez, I love this audio. No change on my rating, just wish I could add bonus stars for re-reads.

****

Re-read July 7, 2017

That re-read never gets old. Tate is still one of my FAVOURITE macho alpha male heroes who is far from perfect but still manages to make my heart swoon.

What's a girl to do? Move on to a re-read of Lady Luck, of course. :-)

****

Baking day became something to look forward to...

I
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
5 stars even after a re read, although if I could it would be 6!

Not going to say much. But I love Tate, any man that can bond with a pretty cat has to be awesome!

Love Lauren, it is amazing to watch her grow and "find" herself with the help of Tate, and she was funny, loved when she re named Tate's cat

"Wow" Carrie exclaimed and my body got tense again as I looked at my sister. "That is a pretty Kitty"

"Her name's Princess Fancy Pants," I blurted, Tate's arm gave me a warning squeeze, I ignored it
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
(Edited to add more sexy Tate pics)

4 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

Sweet Dreams didn’t just have “Moist Factor Five Hundred”, for me, it had the “Turn Around Factor”.

In fact, it even made me feel like I was doing the Twister!

description

Why do I say this? Weeelll…. I was initially quite drawn into this story DESPITE its editing issues.

Yes, this book has overly long/run-on sentences; under-use of commas and full stops; over-use of parentheses; and some non-linear time lines. If you a
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Reread May 2017-Upgraded from 4 to 5 stars because omg this book. One of Ashley's best, and to think the first time I picked it up I didn't want to read it because the main characters were "old" bahaha.

Tate is everything, when is Wood gonna get his own book????

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagramTwitter
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
✮✮✮ ALL THE STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Re-read - July 2017

Fat.
Old.
Sorry-ass.
Choice words her new boss Tate Jackson has for Lauren. After months on the road looking for a place she'd want to stay she arrives in Carnal, Colorado. A former exec, she starts working as a waitress at Bubba's, a biker bar. When she overhears Tate insulting her she is hurt. She is done letting people like her ex-husband walk over her, she's done adapting to other people's whims and moods. She throws atti
Wendy
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sweet dreams, baby.

How I love those words. Those are Tate's words to Laurie, before she goes to sleep. *sigh*

Wow, this book was just fantastic! It's raw, real and it's life. It's not sugar coated or polished in anyway. The characters are also real and you can relate to them in everyway. Tate you are the epitome of the alpha male and you deserve a growl from me so here it is RAAWWWWR!

This book is wonderful and I highly recommend it.

My Tate.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: KA Fans, Romance, Everyone
Shelves: favorites
5 Tate Induced Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-2018/2014 Re-Read
Re-Read for the Umpteenth Time. Recently started the series again and am working my way through. Since I first read the books in 2013, some do not have reviews. This one does.
One of the main reasons I figured out how to get the Amazon App for PC was to read Kristen Ashley. I was new to romance and discovered many authors I loved. I found their books at Goodwill and dollar bookstores at reduced prices once I discovered them from my sho
♥Rachel♥
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, audio-book

Re-read June 4, 2018
Re-read May 31, 2017.

This was my first Kristen Ashley book and it was just as good if not better the second time around. Since then I've read several of her books, but Sweet Dreams continues to be one of my all-time KA favorites. I've changed my 4 star rating to a 5 star, because I only rated down because of all the typos in her original self-published edition. Since then those have been corrected, and I love her signature rambling, run-on sentences, so I'm glad that wasn't
Robin (Bridge Four)
This is a typical KA-land book where the alpha males shift from super sweet to semi-jerky at the drop of a hat…but all in an I’m a man and I’m going to provide and protect you kind of way. This is a place where normal rules don’t apply really.

Things to Expect in KA-Land

❣ - Ex’s are 5 shades of cray-cray and I mean CrAzY

❣ - The Hot guy will say something life shattering sweet one minute and then act like he is from another time the next and you’ll want to first kiss him and then kick him in the
Jilly
Why do I keep reading Kristen Ashley books when I hate her over-bearing jerks of alpha male heroes in her books? Well, I'm a pessimist. Seriously, if someone gave me a full glass of water I'd be pissed that it's not half empty. I like my pessimism. It's my most endearing quality.

oh, it's totally piss

But, if my glass is half-empty because of my cruel dead heart, I'm unwilling to give up the delicious liquid that is there, which is the group of girls I buddy-read these with in the BBB group. I'm w
Susan
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-favorites

REREAD (April 10, 2015)

In a time where I've grown less patient w/ overly long books, less-than-tight editing, and generic romances...

I'm kinda shocked to find that I STILL LOVE THIS BOOK as much as I did the first and second times reading it! For some reason, Tate and Laurie stand the test of time for me. Their love story is EVERYTHING! And I ended it, again, in pure bliss.

Three years later, almost to the day, since I finsihed it the first time...and still my favorite KA book...

REREAD (May 15,
Auntee
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of hot contemporary romance
Recommended to Auntee by: Viv
There's already 159(!) reviews of this book, so I doubt that I have anything to add that hasn't already been said. So I'll give just a few impressions...

Kristen Ashley, you're a fabulous writer. Great storyteller. You create sigh-worthy heroes and spunky heroines. I love your dialogue. Your love scenes are smokin' hot, passionate, and convincing. I'm a detail junkie and I love details, and you provide in spades.

However...there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Sweet Dreams is loaded
~IreneOust~

Amazon US ONLY: 'Sweet Dreams' by Kristen Ashley is ONLY .99 for a limited time <-- click the link to purchase (check price before one-clicking).

photo 4a959d91-22a3-41bf-8eb1-a8351a45d98b_zps7689a26a.jpg

December 31, 2013

Wanted to reread one of the old favorites [for the 4th time] to end the year on a high only a few authors can provide, KA being one of them. I might re-review this baby in a new year but everyone should really read this if only for one reason & that reason being:

Tatum Jackson

photo AdamCowieTateJacksonSweetDreams_zps0020efe7.jpg

July, 2013

Just read this again for the third (?) time
Karla
Oh.
My.
God.

This was something special!

So much has been said and I don’t really know what to add, given most of the reviews express exactly what I’m feeling. As fictional as the book was, it read like it was real. What I mean by that is that you live in the moment with the characters. The writing is such that you feel their emotions, pain, sorrow, fear, happiness, passion, as the story unfolds. Okay, so it wasn’t all grammatically correct and it might bother some readers, but I was able to put
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING.

OH MY GOSH.

I LOVED every minute of it. Tate, Laurie, Jim Billy, Wood, Jonas, Krys, Bubba, Sunny, Shambles, ALL of them. I cannot get enough. She creates so many different types of characters and all are so unique and breathtaking.

What I think really gets me about KA'S books is that when I'm done reading I feel like I KNOW her characters inside and out. She makes them come to life, she gives them a body and a soul with her words. There is no detail left out, no thought, or
Searock
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for the utter wonder I felt while reading this book! It was filled with all kinds of win!!

Prepare to be gushed upon!!

I had never closed a book and then flipped it back to the beginning for a second read until now :) I have a third read planned within a month of my first reading. That may be one definition of obsession.

This is my first Kristen Ashley and I loved it, so am currently hacking away at her back list… nom, nom, nom. I'm also looking forward to her new releases. KA is prolific a
Choko
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.85 ***

A buddy read with my girl pose at BB&B

Another emotional and intriguing read by Kristen Ashley! And it contains the staples - a woman with low self-esteem looking for something special, but not really hoping to find it; an ultra sexy bossy and pushy alpha male with pessimistic outlook on life, straight talking, bad tempered but good hearted,; a bad guy on the loose; a variety of colorful secondary characters; at least one kidnapping and a plot so implausible and over the top that
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I did a re-read of this... fuck I love him still - 21/09/14

OOOOHH GOOOODDDDDDD DDAAAYYYYMMMM I LOVED THIS MAN! /

I'm not going to write a million words about this book when I can just show you my Tate and a quick quote.

joe manganiello shirtless Pictures, Images and Photos
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Another fabulous story by Kristen Ashley :) And yet another underliner why this is my favorite KA series :) And I just LOVED the fact that they are both older and mature (don't know why but I just like them that way <3)

5++++ stars for this one :)

The story - A little darker than the first CM, kind of reminds me of the books from the Burg series considering the bad guy and all.
Lauren comes to Carnal in search for nothing special. Yes, nothing special. Because her whole life she waited and want
Catarina
5 Dreaming Stars.

description

Lauren ended a ten year’s bad marriage with an asshole and all she wants is let her fake and uptight perfect life behind and start new somewhere else.
She finds herself applying for a waitress job in middle of nowhere, where she meets the part owner / part biker/ part bounty hunter sexy boss and that’s when her life really starts to change.
Tate made some bad decisions in his life but when he meets Lauren, despite they start on bad terms, he knows that she’s his first good dec
Jennifer Kyle
Tate Jackson should come with a warning sign readers!

description

Where is Loretta's web fan page for Tate? I have been looking for it for hours!!

Tate is a bossy alpha, biker, bar owner, badass bounty hunter, former football star who sports a bad temper. He curses more that any KA male character but when he is sweet it’s all sorts SPECIAL.

Did I mention that he is hot as hell?

That he can be a jerk sometimes?

That he likes it dirty?

That he gives the best presents?

That a girl would do anything to have this
alpha males 2 26 Feb 14, 2018 11:42AM
alpha males 1 9 Aug 18, 2017 05:21PM
Kristen Ashley Ad...: Sweet Dreams (Book #2) Tate and Lauren's Story (Spoilers Possible) 747 1677 Jul 31, 2017 11:49PM
Kristen Ashley Ad...: Shambala & Sunny 4 116 Jun 23, 2017 06:44PM
Turning Pages At ...: Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mtn #2) By Kristen Ashley 75 27 May 04, 2016 10:13AM
Alpha Males 15 404 Dec 16, 2015 07:34PM
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Liberating Lacey
  • Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC, #2)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Club Justice (Trinity Falls, #1)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
  • From Rags
  • If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1)
  • Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley

Colorado Mountain (7 books)
  • The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)
  • Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3)
  • Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4)
  • Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5)
  • Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain, #6)
  • Bounty (Colorado Mountain, #7)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Wildfire In His Arms
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Then you shouldn't have thrown her away when she was your wife. Now she ain't. Now she's somethin' to me and I don't let men I don't like get close to her and I gotta tell you man, I do not like you.” 468 likes
“It isn't that it's too soon, you're on the back of my bike, it ain't too soon. You can buy sheets. You cannot install blinds."
"um..." I mumbled. "Can you explain the difference?"
"Sheets are chick territory," he said without delay. "You gotta use tools, that's dick territory."
"Oh," I whispered.
"Don't tread on dick territory," he advised.
"So, um... is a paintbrush a tool?" I asked cautiously.
"If you're paintin' the side of the house, yeah. If you're painting mud colored paint in a room, no."
"It's terracotta," I said softly.
"Whatever," he muttered, his mouth twitching.
"Or, the paint chip called it Mexican horizon. The blue is dawn sky."
"Definitely chick territory," Tate replied, losing the fight with his grin.
"What about...pictures for the walls?" I asked.
"Chick," he answered instantly.
"Um...could I ask that, instead of you getting angry and being a jerk, maybe you give me a head's up when I'm doing something stupid?”
318 likes