Start by marking “The Darkest Kiss - Sang Kematian (Lord of the Underworld, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Kiss - Sang Kematian (Lord of the Underworld, #2)

The Darkest Kiss - Sang Kematian (Lords of the Underworld #2)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  47,205 Ratings  ·  1,687 Reviews
Perempuan ini telah menggoda begitu banyak lelaki...
Tapi tak pernah menemukan seorang pun yang dianggapnya setara. Sampai baru-baru ini.

Meski ia telah hidup selama berabad-abad, Anya, sang Dewi Anarki, tak pernah mengetahui apa itu kenikmatan duniawi. Hingga muncul Lucien,sang Kematian—kesatria yang selamanya terkutuk untuk membawa jiwa-jiwa orang mati ke alam maut. Luci
Published March 5th 2011 by Grasindo (first published June 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Kiss - Sang Kematian, please sign up.
Amy Brobst Each book features a different warrior- i.e. The Darkest Night had Maddox (Violence) and Ashlyn, The Darkest Kiss has Lucien (Death) and Anya, and so…moreEach book features a different warrior- i.e. The Darkest Night had Maddox (Violence) and Ashlyn, The Darkest Kiss has Lucien (Death) and Anya, and so and so forth.(less)

Ana
 photo giphy_zpsokuwzqvq.gif

By Thor's hammer, this book is fantastic!! And yes, I skipped the first book and went straight for second. That's just how I roll.

photo tumblr_ngp6c0EDjB1rx3wtro1_400_zpsgfde9ys6.gif

I'm not an avid reader of fantasy/paranormal novels, but this was worth the reread. I'm saying this not just because I'm in love with the cover. *stares at cover and sighs dreamily*

And it's not just because the hero has a killer body and his stare could melt an iceberg. *dreamily thinks about the hero's hot body*

No. This book is for educational purposes only. *thin
Candace
While I expected this book to be really great, it ended up just being a middle of the road type of read for me. This was definitely a case of "it's not you, it's me", as there wasn't a single thing "wrong" with this story. Mostly, I think it is just a result of reading some phenomenal books recently, which has kind of raised the bar. Any other week, it probably would've been a 4-star read.

That being said, I found myself losing interest in this book. I was listening to the Audible version and the
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

He was known as The Dark One. Malach ha-Maet. Yama. Azreal. Shadow Walker. Mairya. King of the Dead. He was all of those things and more, for he was a Lord of the Underworld.

This one was sooo much better than the first, with two awesome main characters and a great story :)
I really loved it :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lucien, the Lord who carries the demon of Death, gets an order from Cronus, the King of the Titans, to kill someone.
That someone is Anya, the goddess of anarchy, who has been following him for months.
Anya i
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I loved this book. Lucien was absolutely sigh-worthy to me. So sad and lonely. And, he got his very own heroine who wouldn't give up on him. I think it took some major confidence to go after her man full throttle the way Anya did. From the beginning, I knew I would like Anya. She was the kind of heroine who knows what she wants, and is willing to work for it. Yes, she's a prankster, rather silly, in her own words, and not much for telling the truth, and she can be a pain in the butt at times. Bu ...more
xrysa
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy

Lucien

Anya

Lucien is the Lord who is possessed by the spirit of death .We could characterize him as miserable since he is feeling bad and unworthy due to his looks .He has mismatched eyes and long time ago he decided to scar his own face. As we read he isn’t the happy and funny type. However he managed to draw Anya’s attention and she's following him for months.
Anya is the goddess of Anarchy and definitely bad news for Lucien .She is courageous, fearless, dynamic and way different than him .She d
Michelle
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Death & The Goddess Stars!
This is the second book in the Lords of the Underworld PNR series. I loved it more than the first one. This was Lucien and Anya's story.
Lucien is cursed with the death demon. You know...someone dies and he goes off to collect their soul and escorts them to Heaven or Hell.
Anya is the Goddess of Anarchy. I loved her so much in the last book and loved her more in this one. She's fierce, funny and does and says what the hell she wants. She wants Lucien.
Lucien was i
Μaria Vrisanaki
Μέχρι στιγμής αγαπώ δύο ηρωίδες: Την Ρόουζ Χαθαγουεϊ και την Ανια!!! 💖💖💖
Επισης ο Λούσιεν είναι ο καλύτερος αλλά έχω μια μικρή αδυναμία στον Παρη!!!
Πάμε για κυνήγι θησαυρού!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
"She kissed and nipped at his face, her hands tangling into his hair. “I thought I’d lost you.” “You gave up everything for me.”

I enjoyed this book a lot!!Anya is one of my favorite heroine after Danika!!She was so funny,strong and so sexy!!Exactly what Lucien needed!!Both of them had serious issues!

Omg poor Lucien!!He is so tortured..I really felt sorry for him when I learnt how he got his scars!I loved the sexual tension between them, it was so entertaining!The romance was also good and I lik
Sophia Triad
Lucien: Demon of Death
Butterfly: upper left shoulder and front of chest
His curse: He is the Lord of the Underword’s version of Grim Reaper. What could it be worse than this? He has seen people that he loved, die. And he had to take their souls to the underworld.

Anya: Minor Greek goddess of Anarchy
Supernatural ability: She can create chaos and she is immortal

Lucien used to be the Captain of the Immortal Guard at the Zeus’s army. Now, he is the leader of the Lords. His face is disfigured and full
Exina
“You stabbed me,” he said, incredulous. Grimacing, he jerked out the now-bloody dagger and rubbed a hand over the wound, then looked down at his drenched, crimson-stained fingers. Anger overrode the incredulity.
“Feel free to keep the dagger as a souvenir.”

July 22, 2013

The Darkest Kiss is the second book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Lucien, Keeper of Death, and Anya, goddess of Anarchy.

Lucien is resigned with his occupation as the escort of souls Heaven and Hell, co
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4 stars

★Review★

I read book 1 in the series a cpl years back, really enjoyed it, but for some reason, did not carry on with the
Deborah Obida
This is now my favourite in the series, I doubt any of the books will live up to this The main reason why this is now my favourite is ANYA, the female protagonist.

You can go with me,” Lucien snapped.
Ah, such enthusiasm. Irritated, she ran her tongue over her teeth. Still, his demands and growls were better than all those weeks of implacable composure. Huh. Maybe she should push him a little more. “Sorry. What’d you say?” She cupped a hand over her ear. “I couldn’t hear you.”
“You can go with me
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Crazy people like me
Perhaps I spoke too soon regarding this series? I was surprised to see that this book had higher ratings than the first book? What gives, folks? I was really unimpressed with this one. My ratings ranged from 1 to 3 stars in the book, never anything higher than that. Yes, I know I said I liked a touch of ridiculousness, but the keyword was a touch of ridiculous! Not absurd.... which is exactly what I got throughout the book.

Lucien was not a bad hero. I did not like that he was weak or losing for
Eleni Ouzouni
“Apparently, dancing for him and throwing herself at him weren't enough. Apparently, she had to nearly commit murder to arouse him enough to attack her.”

Όπως είχαμε δει και στο πρώτο βιβλίο οι Έλληνες θεοί έχουν ανατραπεί και την θέση τους έχουν πάρει οι σκληρή Τιτάνες. Οι άρχοντες για να να μπορέσουν να νικήσουν τους Τιτάνες πρέπει να βρουν το καλά κρυμμένο κουτί της Πανδώρας πριν το κανουν οι εχθροί τους. Ένα έργο που ακούγετε πολύ πιο εύκολο στα λόγια παρά στις πράξεις. Ο Lucien οδηγεί την δι
Elle
★★★★ 4.5 STARS!

The Darkest Kiss is one of my most fave read in LOTU series. Ugh Lucien... I have a special spot for scared man. As an incarnation of death, he has very 'important' job to escort the soul. He's the only person who have Teleportation to places also the boss in this group.

Pros:
+ As the (minor) Goddess of Anarchy, Anya is the most bad-ass heroine I've ever met. She's brave and very mouthy ;) She really likes drive him mad.
+ Lucien
+ I liked both Lucien and Anya. They're really comple
Fran
2.5 Stars

I really thought I was going to love this but it didn't work for me. I enjoyed the beginning--so hot!--but for some reason, I just lost interest in the end. I probably wouldn't even have finished if I didn't skim through the last several chapters. But judging by the high ratings from my Goodreads friends, perhaps it was a case of it's not you, it's me.
Eastofoz
Jul 15, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LOTU series readers & those who can handle a royal pain of a heroine
Shelves: paranormal, 2010
It took me over a year to read this book. I’d pick it up and put it down countless times because Anya is just one the most annoying heroines ever written. She drives you round the bend like nails on a chalkboard. The heroine and the hero really ruin what could have been an otherwise good story which pretty much explains why I could only hack this book in small doses.

The backdrop of the story continues on from book 1 in the Lords of the Underworld series where these warriors have all inherited a
Sedef Tekiner
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ölüm, ölüm dediğin nedir ki Lucien ben senin için yaşamayı göze almışım♡♡

Bakın bu seri uyuşturucu gibi bişey. Bırakamıyorsunuz, bağımlı oluyorsunuz, okudukça yükseliyorsunuz... İlk kitaptan sonra üstüne koyarak, kalitesini bozmadan devam ediyor. Helal sana Gena!!
description

Ölüm iblisi ile lanetlenen savaşçımız Lucien yüzyıllar önce aşık olduğu kadını kaybettikten sonra (ki çok üzücü bi durum lan gerçekten😔😔) bi daha kimseyi kendine yaklaştırmamak için yüzünü yara bere içinde bırakmış (bak bak ölüm dediğin
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
Το 2ο βιβλίο το απόλαυσα περισσότερο... Αν και ξενέρωσα αρκετά όταν σε κάποιες σελίδες ασχολιόταν και με τους άλλους άρχοντες, έτσι στο άσχετο. Λες και δεν θα γράψει άλλα βιβλία (16 αν δεν κάνω λάθος είναι αυτή η σειρά) και πρέπει να αναφέρει κάποιους έτσι για το μαμώτο...

Θα επανέλθω στο τέλος για τους ήρωες σφήνες στην ιστορία του Θανάτου με την Αναρχία... τώρα ας μιλήσω για τον Θάνατο και την Αναρχία κατά πρόσωπο...

Πολύ μου άρεσε το ζευγάρι αυτό... Είχε ένταση, είχε πάθος, είχε εκρήξεις, είχε
Beliz
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious, scarred and irresistible Lucien ❤ ...more
Bry
Well I certainly enjoyed this book much better than the first in the series, and think that I will now continue on with the series so I am glad I decided to give it another chance.

I think I just enjoyed Lucian and Anya's characters much more than Maddox and Ashlyn. They seemed so complex and they each had so many layers to the emotions and actions. Although I must say the plot in this book was pretty thin. It did do a good job of picking up mini story lines from the previous book (like Aeron, D
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Photobucket

THE BACK STORY

Long ago twelve immortals warriors made by Zeus, became jealous of Pandora she was chosen to guard a box. Inside that box housed some of the most dangerous demons ever known. The Immortals made a horrible mistake of killing Pandora and opening the box. As punishment for the evil they have unleashed each warrior was sentenced to carry one of those demons for all eternity. They are - Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and W
Buggy
Opening Line: " Anya, Goddess of Anarchy, daughter of Lawlessness, and dealer of disorder, stood on the edge of a crowded dance floor."

THE DARKEST KISS is book 2 in the exciting and original Lords Of The Underworld series and it's absolutely fantastic. Gena Showalter has outdone herself here, further developing previous characters and sub-plots she has also created my new favourite couple in Lucian and Anya. Their story is filled with raw emotion, tons of sexual tension and non-stop adventure. T
Lučka
~~~ 3 "comme ci comme ça" stars~~~

Equal parts of cheesy, boring and entertaining. I was losing interest in this book through the story, but toward the end the story picked up a little and it was semi-enjoyable, I guess. I didn't hate this book, but I didn't love it either.
There was one thing I really hated in this book. H recalled his dead ex-lover everytime he did something with h as in:
Mariah(ex) was my first and only true love. I suffered and burnt like that time I grieved for Mariah. I hav
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Gary
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
even better than the first book five stars all the way I think anya is great as nuts as can be but great
Chrissa Vasileiou
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Αυτοί δεν είναι Άρχοντες του Κάτω Κόσμου,είναι ΘΕΟΙ ΟΛΩΝ ΤΩΝ ΔΙΑΣΤΑΣΕΩΝ! Τι να φτουρήσει ο Κρόνος μπροστά στο Λούσιεν;;!!Και τι να φτουρήσουν τα 5 αστεράκια για να βαθμολογήσω ΑΥΤΟ το βιβλίο!!; Όλα τα είχε - ρομάντζο, έρωτα, χιούμορ, δράση, ποικιλία(λες και θα βαριόμουν ας πούμε αν διάβαζα μόνο για το Λούσιεν,το Λούσιεν και το Λούσιεν..Α ναι,και την Άνια του.Οι οποίοι έγιναν πλέον ένα από τα αγαπημένα μου ζευγάρια ever!)
Ο ξενιστής του Θανάτου είναι σημαδεμένος,είναι γεμάτος ουλές,είναι μελαχρινό
Hanife
Rating; 3.5/5

Yazara Paris ile beni seriye kancalama hamlesiyle gıcık olmuş bulunmaktayım. Onun kitabına daha yedi kitap var olduğunu görmedim sanma yazar! Düşmeyeceğim şu anlık o tuzağına. Kahretsin ki merakım dürtüldü bir kere. Neyse geçer bunlarda yavrucuğum, unutursun diyerek yeni kitabıma yelken açıyorum. Ayrıca o kısacık sahnede, bütün kitapta çiftimize hissettiğimden daha çok heyecan hissettim püüüüüü sana Lucien. İlk başta sen "Hayır!" dedin sonra Anya senden aldı bayrağı sürdürdü. Resmen
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Damien (Nightwalkers, #4)
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • The Lovers' Guide to Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
“He had a bleeding cut on his leg and he smelled like shit.
Her nose wrinkled. "Step in something?" she asked innocently.
"That I did not mind." He took a menacing step toward her. "What I did mind was being hit by a cab, then landing on the lap of a naked man. With an erection, Anya. He had an erection.”
321 likes