Start by marking “White Lion's Lady (Warrior, #1)” as Want to Read:
White Lion's Lady (Warrior, #1)

White Lion's Lady

(Warrior #1)

Second in the Warrior trilogy. In this captivating tale of forbidden love and star-crossed destiny by award-winning author Tina St. John, a dangerous knight on a rogue’s mission is reunited with the virtuous young lady who once adored him. . . .

She was promised to another
Abducted on the way to her wedding, heiress Isabel de Lamere is unaware that the scoundrel planning t
Published July 31st 2001 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about White Lion's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Lion's Lady

Misfit
I can't recall the exact year, but this story is set during the reign of Richard I, and that nasty Prince John's been running the show while Richard's been off crusading. Isabel de Lamere been on the shelf for a bit since years ago her father was accused of treason against Henry II, but times have changed and King Richard wants her married to an ally of his choosing. Isabel's a medieval gal who understands honor and duty come before true love (huge bonus points for that), but there's a hitch on ...more
Steelwhisper
Uh huh. I'm afraid I was out of this after only 5 pages.

The writing is atrocious (I would suggest trying either Angelique or The Thorn Birds for quality writing of a child/youth), not just in the awful POV of what is supposed to be a young girl of eight, but also very basically in the ostentatious and simplistic prose itself.

And also for the fact that an eight-year-old girl notices stuff and looks at a 14-year-old boy as if she were past puberty and sexually attracted. Sorry, far too skeevy as
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Warrior series by Tina St. John aka Lara Adrian. Isabel de Lamere is ordered to marry by the king but on the way to her betroth she is kidnapped by Griffin of Droghallow. Isabel met Griffin once ten years before when she was a pudgy child of 8. They don't recognized each other at first. Anyway, when Griffin finds out he won't be paid for the kidnapping he steals her back with intentions of taking her to her betroth himself.

This really wasn't a bad read. Not sure why I wasn'
Rachel Annie
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating is 3.75 stars, because I liked her first historical, Lord of Vengeance, a smidgen better.

Set during the reign of Richard the Lionheart, White Lion's Lady is a very enjoyable medieval romp. We meet the hero and heroine briefly in the beginning; Izzy is an adventurous little girl and Griffin is young man with the highest moral standards, hoping one day to become an honorable knight.

Can I just say, "sigh..." ☺

Their situations have changed considerably when they meet again, not the le
Gaufre
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical, owned
Not too bad. Easy and forgettable read. There are some lovely moments. Too wordy overall and a little slow in the middle.
Lauren
White Lion's Lady
4 Stars

On the way to her wedding. Isabel de Lamere is abducted by a man she met only once as a child, Griffin of Droghallow. The years have changed Griffin and not for the better as the young boy whose honor impressed Isabel so much has become a mercenary scarred by the actions he has been forced to take. betrayed by his employer, Griffin and Isabel find themselves on the run from powerful foes and must work together if they are to survive.

Stayed up till 2AM to finish this one,
Sandcastles
This was to soapy for me. To serious. Not a hint of humour. If it was soap opera ( and it very well could be) I couldn't have sit through it without a fast forward button. But it was ok enough to finish. The ending was the worst part. He goes away and comes back? The thinking of both the main characters is very muddled.
Joan
This is what I would call 'generic' romance - the same story, given a few tweaks, could work just as well in Regency era, modern times, Sci-fi, etc etc.

This version lacked any real 'bite' and even the sex was (particularly the scene in the monastery) was predictable.

I skimmed over the rest of the book - there was nothing new here apart from the era in which it was set. Some of the action was confusing as were some words, but I simply glossed over those, not caring whether they were mistakes or
Emily
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I enjoyed the story of Griffin and Isabel. It was an emotional journey with them in the book. I found myself wanting to yell at them from time to time! I love how the characters got to know each other as they are reunited. Like how isabel was a feisty and strong character and at times my heart broke for Griffin. Loved the ending and the surprise as to whose family Griffin really belongs to, i also found the historic references to be very interesting. I quite enjoy that time pe ...more
Dawn
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet. Likeable characters who both have secrets. My reason for 4 stars not 5 is the lack of love scenes. There is only 1, really and it's not so well written. None the less, it was entertaining. I found it hard to put down and never felt there were any lulls.
Lauren
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Fairly predictable... I swear, romance novels are pretty much all the same anymore. Same story, different author. It's kind of disheartening, actually.
 photo tumblr_lh0mehhbUI1qgbabho1_500_zpsnogmscr0.gif

For once, I wish that the heroine wasn't such a damsel, for once I wish our Lord wasn't an arrogant ass, for once I wish that the storyline wasn't so predictable that you can see the HEA already playing out after the first few chapters... for once, I wish romance novels could get it right...
Where is the passion, the fire, the chemistry?!?! Where
Karen
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance lovers
I am so not a fan of historical romances but this has changed my mind about the genre, at least where this author is concerned. I may even try others. :) This was a great read with characters I could feel down to my toes and in my heart. The settings were so vivid that I could see them in my mind, which is a wonderful experience when you can become that immersed in a book. This grabbed me and refused to let me put it down without a fight as I moved from chapter to chapter wanting to find out jus ...more
Stevie
This one is a 4.5 all the way. I gave it a five because in my mind between a 4 and 5, it's closer to 5. And the current rating needs a boost so that others will give it a shot. I am currently going through the library of Tina St. John, and I think this is one of her best. Great, great story. Characters were full and robust, story line hooked me in the first chapter. This has a tinge of old time swashbuckling and heartfelt romance. Secondary characters, while not emphasized much, were full and so ...more
LJ
White Lion's Lady - G+
St. John, Tina
Eighteen year old Isabel de Lamere, ward to the Crown, is on her way to her betrothed, Sebastian Montborne (who you will read about in BLACK LION'S BRIDE). On her way to the Montborne's she is abducted by Griffin, the White Lion. She does not realize at first that this is the man who she met first as a boy, the boy whose medallion she carries everywhere she goes. The boy she remembers represents honor and chivalry.

Unfortunately Griffin has become a hardened ma
K
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historical romance readers
Recommended to K by: fan on author's website
As a huge fan of Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series, and of historical romance, I couldn't resist reading this book. As mostly everyone knows, Tina St. John is Lara Adrian's psysdeoname (sp?), and the name under which she writes historical romance. As with her Dragon Chalice Series, I quickly found myself drawn into this book, the story, and it's characters. Overall, I found the story well written, fast paced, w/ some suspense and humor thrown in. I truly enjoyed it, and couldn't help rooting f ...more
Theresa Scarangella
This is a story of Griff who saved Isabel from harm when she was young, and her hero was a young lanky boy. Griff was raised by the family at Droghallow and treated like their son. Having read all the midnight breed stories by Lara Adrian, her writing of historical romance as Tina St. John was like reading Johanna Lindsey books which I have read every one of them.
You would not be disappointed in reading this book. Tina did a great job with these characters.
I have had the great pleasure of meet
Cathy
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
The historical romances always have the same base. Rarely, this kind of book has something completly different. Hence, the view of the story read to be very personal. Or you like this genre, or you have a poor idea of it.
I recently discovered that I'm very captivated with these love stories. The love story isn't different from others in the genre. The author makes a good description of medieval times. The justification for the adoption of Griffin, was very well thought out and credible.
Melissa
A pleasant surprise.

I never heard of this author until her book was a recommendation and free. I decided to read. Hey I love historical romances plus the cover. I was swept in from the very beginning of reading this book. It was actuality like I was Isobel. I went through all of the emotions. I can't wait to read the next book of this series.
Jeannie N.
Lara or Tina you are an amazing writer

Enjoyable and the characters were very engaging, I look forward to reading more from this trilogy and would recommend this to anyone that loves historical romances. Thank you Lara for getting me started on these. I look forward to the others.
Katrina
This one comes under my "nice" category - pleasant, easy read, sweet romance, totally predictable and not highly memorable.
Nat  ☽
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite an entertaining read. In secret, I am an absolute romance lover, but I do have high standards. That's the reason why usually, short stories don't work for me. I need more than about 2 looks being exchanged before declarations of love seem legit to me. I mean, we all have crushes on people on the subway, in the park or God knows where that we find attractive but there is a HUGE difference between attraction and emotional bonding. I seriously don't believe in love at first sight (ex ...more
Blue Falcon
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is of “White Lion’s Lady”, book 1 in “The Warrior Trilogy” by Lara Adrian.

The Story: The book begins in 1179 with the heroine of the book, Isabel de Lamere, age 8 at the beginning, running in tears from a party after being made fun of. Isabel-or Izzy as she is known then-goes into the woods, gets lost and is attacked by a wild boar. She is saved by Griffin of Droghallow, the hero of the book, who kills the boar, and Izzy falls in love with him.

Fast-forward 10 years. Isabel, now 18, h
Cindy Woods
Eh!

Why do the characters speak as if they live in the 21st century when the book is set in the 12th century? That ruins the entire story for me.

The plot isn't bad at all. In fact, it was rather creative and has some very interesting twists and turns. The historical setting is interesting. But the moment one of the characters opens their mouths it's all for nothing as the phrases and words are too modern.

I doubt I would recommend this to a friend. So I won't pass on a recommendation here. A good
Jeanette  Little
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Booklover

Plot was mostly realistic. Some of it was hard to believe (tavern waitress not revealing the presence of the "hero" when a huge reward was offered for his capture) . His return to reward her, thank her for her help was also a nice touch. It always helps when the bad guy gets what's coming to him and all ends HEA!! I look forward to the next book in this series
Belinda K Miller
Great story and love books with handsome knights and beautiful ladies!

Great story line and love all of the characters! Exciting and keeps you wanting to not put it down to know what is going to happen!
Margaret Taylor
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

storyline. Kept me entertained and at one point even made me feel very weepy. Never read this author before but will carry on with the series
I found this book on the Free Kindle books. It helps me find authors I haven't read before. Highly recommend.
Charles E
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

The story was riveting and held you from the beginning to the end. The characters held you with their depth and feelings. Totally enjoyed this book and will start the next one as soon as possible
Angela V. Herndon
I really enjoyed reading this tale. And I learned some inspiration facts about twins born in the early hundreds that I never knew. They would lose their minds if they dae this generation of multitudes. A very fine tale indeed!
Parrisha Martelly
YES! Just... YES. Lara Adrian (aka Tina St. John) can write anything. Truly one of the east books I;ve read in a while. Definitely one of my favorite authors.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Free Book Cha...: White Lion's Lady by, Lara Adrian 1 12 Aug 07, 2014 12:04PM

• Knight's Caress
  • The Renegade and the Rose (Renegade, Rebel and Rogue, #1)
  • Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1)
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • Warrior's Bride (The Stones of Destiny, #2)
  • What Wild Moonlight
  • The Warrior's Maiden (The Warriors Series #2)
  • Oh, Cherry Ripe
  • Another Dawn
  • A Knight's Temptation (Knight's, #3)
  • Wild Heart (Blazing Frontier, #2)
  • Black Thorne's Rose
  • Heart's Ransom (Heart and Soul #1)
  • Betrothal (Time Enough To Love, #1)
  • 8 Mile & Rion
  • The Sun and the Moon (Wexford Family, #2; Lords of Conquest, #2)
  • Taffeta and Hotspur
  • No Greater Love (Pascal Trilogy #1)
Pseudonym of Lara Adrian

A Michigan native and descendant of Mayflower passenger Governor William Bradford, Tina St. John makes her home in coastal New England with her husband, the inspiration for all her heroes and her most devoted fan. The couple are the caretakers of two rescued felines who have trained them to surrender treats, tuna, and belly rubs on command.

She quit a full-time corporate job

Warrior (3 books)
  • Black Lion's Bride (Warrior, #2)
  • Lady of Valor (Warrior, #3)
“It took several moments before Izzy dared open her eyes. When she did, she saw the beast that might have killed her lying lifeless on the ground. Standing over it in silent contemplation, bloodied sword in hand, was a golden-haired, lanky boy. He glanced over his shoulder as Izzy approached. Striking green-gold eyes met her astonished gaze. 'You saved my life.' Izzy came up beside him, finding it difficult to keep from staring at the felled beast, which was frightful even in death. 'That was the bravest deed I've ever seen,' she whispered. 'You might have been killed in my place.' 'A man must be willing to face danger,' he told her as he cleaned and resheathed his sword. He turned a solemn gaze on her. ''Tis a knight's duty to protect a lady in need, whatever the risk.” 0 likes