Start by marking “Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Doggie)” as Want to Read:
Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Doggie)

Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe

(Heartwarming Letters)

Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe is a hilarious collection of full-color photos and letters of apologies and suggestions from dogs to the people who love them -- no matter what bad thing they've done!

Inside Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe, writer and comedian Jeremy Greenberg presents a collection of 50 laugh-out-loud letters and accompanying full-color photographs that explain
Published October 11th 2011 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe

Start your review of Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Doggie)
Nancy
May 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book was not as entertaining as I had hoped. The premise was there, 50 letters with pictures written by dogs to their pack leaders helping them out and encouraging them to find the well-meaning intentions in their misdeeds.

The pictures are cute, but the writing is forced, as if Jeremy Greenberg, a columnist and comedian, is trying too hard for a joke.

When I first came across this book, I was remembering the Bad Dog series and had high hopes that this would be in that same
Audrey
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Excellent concept, flawed execution. Most of the letters aren't believable as having been written by dogs and read like Look How Funny I Am Making Fun Of My Dog. And a few are just hard to read; I'm supposed to find dog neglect amusing now?

Do not want.
Tricia Kristufek
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
From the author that brought you Sorry I Peed on You comes the follow-up, the aptly-named Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe. Adorable doggies show their good side as they try to explain why they ate the bacon off the table or why they bark at the vacuum cleaner.

Though short, the book does pack a punch and leaves you laughing. The pictures capture the "voice" of each of the dog, and the author does a good job of bringing that voice to life.

Full of stories from the canine perspective, of
Amanda
Very cute. Some of the letters really made me laugh out loud. Loved the pictures of the dogs that were shown before the letters.
PopcornReads
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Book Giveaway!
I’m delighted to offer a book giveaway and review for Jeremy Greenberg’s Sorry I Pooped In Your Shoe: and Other Heartwarming Letters from Doggie. When I saw the advance reader’s copy for this wonderful book, I immediately fell in love with it! I contacted the publisher, who agreed to offer a copy in a giveaway - a huge thank you goes out to Andrews McMeel Publishers! If you’re a dog lover, or have one on your holiday gift list, you’re going to love this little book. Read the
Mary
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that every dog lover should have and would make an excellent gift for said dog lovers. The pictures are adorable and the letters written by the dogs pictured are just precious. The book also explains why it is so important for stuff to smell and why dogs are attracted to nasty smells, want to roll in nasty stuff and dig up the nasty stuff.
Doug
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a Wonderful little book! When you need a pick-me-up this will do it! Written from the dog's point of view in a friendly, loving, humorous style...you just can't ask for more. Except you do get more...the pictures are perfect and would by themselves be worth picking up the book to see!
Krystle Kouture
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dogs-3
Cute and unique. Very overpriced though in my opinion.
Jackie
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
We are not amused

Dear Pack Leader,

We told you not to buy this book of 50 letters from dogs to their human companions. Why would you want to spend 25 minutes reading about dogs when you can play with us? And the photographs of dogs? Please, we are so much cuter.

True, these are letters about the funny or irritating things that dogs do everyday. But the dogs featured are so ordinary and their explanations for their behaviors are not that funny. Remember that time you had guests over
Kathy Govreau
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cute "notes" to the pack leader. Delightful!
Mike Naden
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Great book and great pictures.enjoyable to read please write another. And let me know about it please.
Thanks,
Mike naden0407@gmail.com
Stephanie Smith
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terri
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute stories from the dog's point of view.
Terry Filkohazi
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a darling, adorable funny book. I laughed hard. I'm going to buy this to keep.
Sara
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe by Jeremy Greenburg is a book with delightfully cute pictures of dogs followed by letters to their owners (or inanimate objects) . These letters say all the things we would imagine that dogs would say such as "Piggy told me you said I was cuter as a puppy" and "why do you make me eat alone on the floor."

This is an adorably cute book that will have adults and kids laughing. It would also make a good demonstration for a creative writing project for kids. Th
Habrewer
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe by Jeremy Greenberg

* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
This book is full of cute dogs writing funny letters to their owners. I couldn’t wait to turn the page to see what cutie was hanging around to make their debut and couldn’t decide which one was my favorite. I can honestly see my puppy doing several of these things; he’s a 15 year old black lab.

The photographer did an excellent job in captur
Monica Burt
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I initially didn't know what to expect. With so much doggy humor out there, I was unsure if anything new could be done. But this is it. I read a lot of dog and cat stuff, i LOVE i can haz hotdog and i can haz cheezburger, Greenberg's book is just as funny as anything I've ever read there. And some letters i really found myself laughing out loud, and thinking about for hours afterward. In addition to being funny, it is thoughtful on a level that most little humor books aren't. And the letters are ...more
Mark Yondle
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
the only thing i wish is that this book was a bit longer. However, for ten dollars the book is excellent, and i didn't want it to end. the letters are eerily in tune with doggy behavior, very, very fun to read, and the pictures are as cute as puppy pictures get. A warning though, to those who like to digest their humor from twitter, this is a tad longer, but it is worth it. If you don't get a letter, read it again. There's a surprising depth to the humor, may sound strange to say about a gift bo ...more
Daniel Klostermann
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I actually thought this book was one of the funniest, most original animal humor books I've seen since Bad Dog. the pictures are super cute, but the letters are actually a cut above in both intelligence and in actually understanding the doggies behavior. I found myself reading a few of the letters (like mr. sprinkler head) and laughing again and again. His first book about babies was excellent, but this one is both excellent and original.
Minna
HILARIOUS. Such cute pictures, and absolutely jaw-droppingly funny captions. I could TOTALLY imagine my dog "saying" these things to me. Probably the most entertaining thing I have read all year.

Quote: 'Sprinkler head waits till I'm stuck in crouching potty position, knows I'm vulnerable for attack, then pops out of the ground and Sprinkler Head does business on Jewel while Jewel does business on lawn." ha ha ha ha I guess you have to be there but seriously SO FUNNY!!!
Bonnie Bardson
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was unsure of this book at first, but turned out to be thoroughly delighted. the pictures are super cute, and the letters funny, thoughtful, and surprisingly original. Not as edgy as Bad Dog, but in some ways that is what is so impressive about the content. One or two letters push the edge in terms of being a bit gross, but dogs can be a bit gross, so i guess that's okay. Most of the letters are spot on and hilarious. Highly recommended
Rod Moser
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Adorable pictures and clever letters.

I'm sure the book will sell several copies to dog lovers and people who are suckers for cute doggie pictures. The title is a great choice.

I was disappointed in the content of the letters. I felt that the humor could have been a bigger hit. With as much wit as there is on Twitter lately with a 140 character limit, I was hoping for more.

All in all, enjoyabe quick mental break.
Christyn
Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe was a short and delightful book with letters (addressed to human) from their dog. Written from the dog's perspective it will certainly evoke a smile and laugh from dog owners and lovers who will no doubt recognize some of their own behaviors as well as their dogs. Along side the letter are pictures of that dog that go with their letter. It was a delightful little diversion, perfect for a lunch read or when your short on time (and/or need a smile).
Tammy
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a funny collection of 50 letters from man's best friend, his dog. Each letter is accompanied by a photo of the dog "writing" the letter. Whether the letter is an apology, an explanation of what human's think are weird habits of dogs or just a suggestion of dogs and people can cohabit better together, all are relateable to anyone who has ever had a dog. The letters over insight into your dog's point of view as well as human nature.

Stephanie
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I really liked a lot of letters in this book. However there were a couple that as being a dog owner and lover I felt shouldn't have been included. Such as the pup who was used to get a girlfriend and is now left behind. I don't find those as funny. But the frogdog cracks me up and I love to see other dog owners have the same real life stories I do with my own dog.
Lila Samara
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you read a lot of animal humor, you will be impressed by this book. you can tell the author pushed to make something that was original yet very funny. the result is that some of the letters are classics. the pictures, all of the pictures are absolutely adorable. Highly recommended for anyone who loves animals and to laugh
Aaron Rolf
May 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This author must've searched far and wide for these photos, as many of them are classic. The letters are so good and funny, that, and i am not exaggerating, you need to reach each a few times to catch all of the great humor. The author seems to have taken great pains to be both funny and accurate. Strongly recommended
Sandy
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I know I read this and don't know how it got left in the to-read list. Especially since I read the Sorry I barfed on your bed book by the same author. But of course, I loved this one as much as the cat book. If animals could talk they would say the things that are in the book. Sorry, but not really. What can you do about the pets we have. Love them and take care of them.
Jim Samson
May 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had a cd that you listened to, and then listened to again only to discover it might be the best one in your collection? This book is like that, but with animal humor. It is surprisingly, very, very good and super funny. Everyone i know is getting a copy this Christmas
Nikha Rodriguez
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
when I first came across this book I figured at best it would be a cute coffee table book...but I have to say as a real dog lover this book has a special place on the shelf. The letters really do warm my heart and make me smile.

• Country Churchyards
  • Trade Your Cares for Calm
  • Bad Cat: 244 Not-So-Pretty Kitties and Cats Gone Bad
  • Your Emails Are Bad and You Should Feel Bad.
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • God and the Afterlife: The Groundbreaking New Evidence for God and Near-Death Experience
  • My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life
  • Clinically Dead - I've seen Heaven and Hell
  • My Time in Heaven
  • My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse about Man's Best Friend
  • Imagine Heaven: Near-Death Experiences, God's Promises & The Exhilarating Future that Awaits You
  • Things We Have in Common
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 5: Super Famous
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 7: Damage Per Second
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 8: Mecca
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 10: Time and Again
Jeremy Greenberg is a writer and comic born in New York, raised in the Bay Area, and currently making his home in Seattle. He is the author of the forthcoming book, Relative Discomfort: The Family Survival Guide (Andrews McMeel). Jeremy has been a contributor to The Complete Idiots Guide to Jokes (Alpha/Penguin), a contributing joke writer for Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen, a freelancer for MS ...more

Heartwarming Letters (3 books)
  • Sorry I Peed on You (and Other Heartwarming Letters to Mommy)
  • Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)