Start by marking “We Are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business” as Want to Read:
We Are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business

We Are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business

This book shows anyone in business how to profit from the wisdom of crowds. Drawing on their own research and the insights from a community of more than 4,000 people, the authors have written a book that reveals what works, and what doesn't, when you are building community into your decision making and business processes.
Published September 1st 2007 by Wharton School Publishing

To ask other readers questions about We Are Smarter Than Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Are Smarter Than Me

Start your review of We Are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business
Mike
Dec 31, 2007 rated it did not like it
Urgh. I can't remember why I picked this one up and it's going back to the library unfinished.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Ok, fine, it's not a science book. Even so, the puns with 'we' (e.g. C-We-O) and the pervasive clip art are unbearable.

To be fair, my biggest complaint is that this is mostly a marketing book and that's not what I was hoping for.
Janet
Mar 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
A long term "smart" client who is gifted in sales and marketing was asking about social networking, blogs, etc. That led me to investigate it myself, as a technology company owner. This was my first book on the subject. Goodbooks.com is my first real experience with the concept. I belong to other sites, just not as actively.

Drawing on their social networking ideas and research, authors Barry Libert and Jon Spector drew upon more than 4,000 people to help write a book on how to make m
Andrw Yang
Jul 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: business people who are responsible for connecting with customers
Nice easy read. Nicely laid out, efficient. There are some important principles that are laid out that should help any company who wants to connect more with their customers using the much hyped "Web 2.0" model

It includes a lot of case studies/examples based on real experiences which is a great way to learn, however due to their rosiness, it leads me to wonder whether those were contributed from impartial researchers or rather people who came from the mentioned companies who may have
Bricoleur  (David) Soul
Sigh... when will I learn... Whenever a book's front-cover promotes the author of its foreword at the expense of the actual author of the book, its probably a good hint to go find something written by the former.

Crowdsourcing is a very interesting phenomenon; and probably a very important one, but most unfortunately this book is as thin as gruel... although it might indeed be the first of its type unless you have an overwhelming hunger you will probably be better off waiting until so
Doug Cornelius
Dec 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
The experiment of writing the book was more interesting than the book itself. Here, dozens (hundreds?) of writers collaborated in the writing of the book.

The book was very short and even shorter whether the often irrelevant pictures are ignored. I was surprised at the repetition of stories and summaries in the book.

The collaborative writing means that the style is very bland and has no consistent voice.
Joseph
Feb 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
I skimmed through this in about two commutes. It was ok – it kind of hammers home the same message, that the collaboration of ‘crowdsourcing’ is the next great step in the Information Age, over and over. If nothing else, it’s a good way to find out about some of the latest trends in internet communities.
Jim Serger
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book on the pros and cons of crowd sourcing -- talks about start up companies, Fortune 500, 1000 and the little one person operations. Good thought and great insight.
Rahmad
Jan 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Provide good generic guidelines to harness the power of crowdsourcing for business. But the material was not rigorously covered for my taste, too generic.
Josh Burns
May 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book on collaboration and crowdsourcing. How to best use the wisdom of the crowds. A great read.
Peter
Dec 31, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: entrepreneurs
Good book with examples how to gain companies wisdom of crowds which can drice inovation, research new markets, create customer loyalty and improve profitability.
Marlin Silviana
It's new era of community marketing and this book will give you best practice of implementing two way communication between brand`and community. ...more
Darrin Grella
Dec 27, 2008 is currently reading it
So far, interesting concept. Still trying to determine how I can apply this to me.
Aline