Start by marking “The Dilemma Of Muslim Psychologists” as Want to Read:

Paperback
Published by MWH London

Hasina Rahman
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was looking for this book since 2015 and finally I found this book in 2016. As a psychology major, I personally think everyone, regarless you are a psychology student or not, have to read this book. Even though some of the issues that have been raised by Prof Badri in this book have been settled, it is crucial for us to view psychology from different perspectives without violating the important aspects of psychology itself. His writings are very much enlightening as he has taken the whole disc ...more
'Izzat Radzi
Asas penulisan berdasarkan 'Islamization of Knowledge'.
Kritik atas dogma bulat-bulat teori psikologi Barat, termasuk dalam pendidikan.

Saya syorkan
Bab 10 : The Dethroning of Freud in the West; dan
Bab 13 Are all schools of Western psychology soulless?
untuk ditelaah.
Kritik beliau atas Freud kerana kebanyakannya spekulasi sahaja, tanpa 'controlled research & definitive projection'.

Maklum dari Taleb akan psychology school oleh Kahnemann yang saya kira agak moden dan sangat empirical dalam eksp
Betül YILMAZ
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I think, every muslim psycology students have to read this book in their first years. When I was a student, ı tought about this problem and ı found same points with Malik Bedri. There for, ı think my way is correct. But I wish ı could read this book before my psycology education. İf ı could be an academics at a university, ı will learn this questions and answers my students. ı try to improve my knowledge about this problem. If you are another one like me, please contact me, cause ı wanna know yo ...more
Mira Yunus
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Salvaged this book from my late father's collection left in the house's garage. He was once a Psychology lecturer in a relatively unknown academy. I was curious simply because I'm an IT professional who has never once encountered any religious dilemma in my line of work (one of the perks of taking on a STEM major!).

The book starts with how a surgeon would basically apply the exact same method to his/her patients no matter where he was practicing. He/she would also disregard things like cultural
Hana Bilqisthi
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psikologi, islam, motivasi
i wish i read this book sooner when i was in my first year studying psychology... :)
it gave a lot of thought .. and it made me realize that i am not critical enough when i am studying psychology.. i did not compare what i got with al-quran and hadith...
this book is written in 1978.. and it made me wonder.. what does malik badri think about positive psychology...
after reading this.. i became motivated to become part or member islamic psychology and help it grows.. but i am still finding a way to
Yaqeen Sikander
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very interesting read and a good guide for beginners who later want to be Muslim Psychologists. The book spreads on 15 chapters and 120 pages and simply explains the pitfalls of following the western psychology blindly for Muslims.

It is a piece of good work and has been made as an introductory text without going into through details to burden the readers.
Elif Sena Ergin
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy
Sadece psikologların değil, batı bilimiyle uğraşan Müslümanların okumasında yarar olacak bir kitap. Dili sivri, kimini rahatsız edebilir ama rahatsız olmadan bir şeylerin değişmesini beklemek de biraz saflık olur.
Hasanah
Buku kedua Malik Badri yang dibaca. Kritikan penulis terhadap disiplin psikologi Barat sedikit terencat dengan gaya penulisan yang agak berterabur (pada hemat saya - melompat-lompat topik dan kurang kesinambungan) berbanding buku beliau 'Contemplation'.
Abu Kamdar
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brief yet excellent analysis of the challenges facing Muslim psychologists with practical solutions to move forward.
Muhammad Fakhruddin
Dua teori psikologi yang menjadi sasaran kritik beliau, psikoanalisis Freud dan behavourism (dua-dua belum baca pun). Namun dalam prakata keduanya, beliau mengakui ada perkembangan baharu dalam dunia psikologi yang beliau tidak sentuh dalam buku ini, atas permintaan ramai untuk mengekalkan kandungan asal buku ini.

Satu pengembangan yang sederhana, daripada sebuah makalah hingga menjadi buku ringkas mengenai psikologi moden dan Islam.
Ananda Sevma
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psikologi, nonfiksi
Ketika mahasiswa psikologi dihadapkan pada sajian teori-teori psikologi modern (khususnya kepribadian), maka buku karya Malik Badri berhak menjadi acuan pengkritiknya. Sehingga, ketika ada mahasiswa yang menjumawakan teori tertentu, maka biarkan buku ini menyeimbangkannya.
Abdullahi Husaini
Aug 24, 2015 is currently reading it
Shelves: husaini
I have not seen anything to read. The book refused to be downloaded. Only the title have been seen without the content
Ishaq Ibrahim
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very useful book, especially for those who are interested in psychology ..
I enjoyed reading it ..
Adi
Dec 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
dia tuduh pengikut freud akan samalah macam masuk lubang biawak LOL
Yurisa نورهداية
Nov 22, 2015
Dzariss
Aug 11, 2016
Renaldi Hartanto
rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2015
Awab Sulfab
Apr 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • بستان الواعظين ورياض السامعين
  • Sons of Abraham: A Candid Conversation about the Issues That Divide and Unite Jews and Muslims
  • Menuju Jama'atul Muslimin
  • Introducing Psychoanalysis: A Graphic Guide
  • Saiful Nang: Kisah Orang Menang
  • Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research
  • Outsmart Waste: The Modern Idea of Garbage and How to Think Our Way Out of It
Professor Dr. Malik Badri was born in Rufa’a, Sudan in 1932. He obtained his B.A. (with distinction) and his Masters from the American University of Beirut, in 1956 and 1958 respectively. He further obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Leicester, England in 1961 and his Postgraduate Certificate of Clinical Psychology from the Academic Department of Psychiatry of the Middlesex Hospital Medical ...more