Start by marking “Creating Your Perfect Family Size: How to Make an Informed Decision about Having a Baby” as Want to Read:

2.65  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Answers to one of the most important decision a family can make This groundbreaking book offers answers to crucial questions that have a large impact on family success and well-being. The author has been researching and treating couples for more than twenty years, addressing such critical issues as: When should you have kids? How many and why? Can you afford a family? What ...more
Published May 3rd 2011 by Jossey-Bass (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Creating Your Perfect Family Size, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Your Perfect Family Size

Kristina
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is a good, short look at different thought processes that go into having a family. The author presents many things to think about when making such a weighty decision. Some may say that this is common sense, that people don't need a book to tell them to consider these things before bringing another life into the world, but I disagree. If this stuff was common sense there would be less unwanted children in the world, probably less divorce and child abuse. It definitely got me thinking ab ...more
Apr 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012
I made myself finish it. I kept waiting for that aha moment, but there was none. This was basically just an education about different family sizes and statistics on the same. I felt as if everything I read, I already thought about/realized. Was not very helpful to figure out the question of having more kids or not.
Cass
Jul 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
I think that this is a great idea for a book, but the way it was presented was really shallow. I don't think that the self-assessments were very good either; they seemed like reading comprehension questions. I think that Singer was very fair and open-minded about the issue, and maybe this book has helped some people, but I wasn't crazy about it.
Shandus
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Reading it gave me some good questions to think about, but overall the content was fairly shallow and didn't give me any brilliant insights I hadn't already thought about myself.
Eva
Jan 20, 2016
Irina
Jun 21, 2012
Sara McDonald
rated it did not like it
May 13, 2014