Start by marking “Hondo (Demon Warriors #1)” as Want to Read:
Hondo (Demon Warriors #1)

Hondo (Demon Warriors #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  949 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Fantasy Romance, M/M, demons, public exhibition, spanking]

Chris has hung around the Demon Warriors, trying to emulate them, for one hundred years. He's in awe of these magnificent warriors but has eyes for only one of them. Hondo is as thickheaded as they come. Everyone around him can see how Chris feels about the big
Published July 15th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hondo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hondo

Mark
Nov 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who have given up on love
Recommended to Mark by: a sadistic ex-friend !!
Shelves: never-again, bizarre
Good Grief. Did the woman actually get paid for this tripe. Never having read any demon books or anything like this before, a friend said I should give it a go and lent me his copy. Indeed he gave me the first two in the series. Having read them both....yes honestly....I can promise you two things. Firstly...I won't be reading anymore and secondly, having read them I am fairly sure I could construct number three through 47.

Muscular Demon encounters wimpy demon. He falls for aforementioned wimpy
Susan
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
I thought it would be a nice change for me, demon warriors instead of shifters.

description

I was on board with both of these men being demons (nu human that needed rescuing). And I did like Chris and his clumsiness. But their relationship was extremely underdeveloped. They went from friends to lovers to mates in 4 pages and the rest of the book was bickering and a terrible sub plot.

I did like the lube shooting cock (how convenient).
But I had some trouble with Hondo stabbing Chris with his cock. Ouch…

description

I do l
Phaney
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

Pfft, am I glad I have the next two books in this new series because it doesn’t just end on a cliff-hanger, it pretty much is a continuous story, with probably only the viewpoints shifting with each book. So to have to stop at this point would be incredibly annoying. I guess in retrospect the romance of this volume did end a chapter or so before the end, but I kinda missed it because it was just another sex scene with a fresh batch of love exchange.

With that said, I really enjoyed th
Serena Yates
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is such a cute book. I didn't expect demons to be cute, but, that's what these guys are. There is also enough serious warrior business, some mysterious goings on and a few ominous threats to keep the tension up. I found the mix between humor and beginning-of-series-plotline really appealing. And the way demons find their mates? I laughed my head off. That is a great concept!!!

Chris is small for a demon, but thinks himself a warrior. Needless to say, he manages to overestimate his abilities
Karel
Nov 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
I'm glad to see that the writing seem to have improve since the Brac Pack day, somewhat. I'm tempted to call Lynn Hagen a clone of Stormy Glenn, but I feel that will be insulting to the latter.

Anyhow, usual Lynn Hagen: simplistic plot, characters with the emotional maturity of a five-year-old, sex/sex/sex, a musclebound-tiny guy dynamic, and lots of jealousy and a plot so 2D you can see things coming from ten miles away.

Characters are either flat, uninteresting, crybabies OR flat uninteresting j
Tj
Jul 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
It was fun reading about Chris and Hondo. This first book in the series is very typical of Lynn Hagen books. A forever mate that tends to be the weaker one and the bigger protective mate that "takes care of" the weaker mate. I still like the book, it's a fun lite read that is a "feel good" read.
Sev
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Only die-hard Lynn Hagen fans and only if they haven't already read it.
Recommended to Sev by: They shall remain nameless.
(UPDATED ON MAY 9, 2014)

Call me a glutton for punishment but I just went back to this one. First, though, I tracked down and read the books in the Brac Pack and Zeus Pack series that must be read before it in hopes of making the story make sense. There are about 19 or 20 that come before Demon Warriors #1; therefore I cannot honestly call this an independent series. It really will confuse the heck out of anyone coming to it without prior knowledge of the Brac-Zeus Universe. Would've been nice to
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

Here are my notes, rewritten to at least be complete understandable sentences, because I hated this too much to write a proper review:

I'm hoping this would make more sense if I'd read the other series' because as it is, I feel like I'm reading the readers digest condensed version

They treat and talk to Chris like he's a child. Of course he acts like one. Like Hindi and the other warriors couldn't protect hem selves against or demon and like Chris could do anything.

So poorly written, lik
Iris
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wow! A cliffhanger... Didn't expect to find one in Lynn Hagen's stories. She usually ends it, but this time she chose a different option. And I like it very much ;) Although it's hard to wait till the next book comes out :(

The story itself is nice. We're thrown in a new kind of demon world. The way to find a demon's mate is also quite nice ;) Story itself was OK at the beginning, but at the end there was more speed to it. She had to explain a lot in the beginning, at least that's how it occurred
AliciaJ
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this first book in the series, enough that I want to read more. Chris and Hondo are so adorable together, which is weird I know. Who would have thought that demons could be adorable, right? But they are, so much so that I read the whole story straight thru. I'm definitely going to be reading more by this author.
Gem1
Jul 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I loved the Brac Pack series, so I expected more for this book. The demons seemed like badasses from their cameo in the Brac book. Chris irritated me repeatedly, and Hondo was described correctly, "thickheaded"!
Janelle
This was a great start for a new series. I love that Hondo is not aware of what everyone else can see until he is hit with it. Chris is too cute for words. Having these two together was a good pair. I can't wait for the next. Snooke is a mystery all by himself.
Toofan
Aug 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
I am shocked! It was so bad that it wasn't funny anymore.
The MCs were simply retarded! They were supposed to be millennia old but one talks, thinks and behaves like a preschooler, if we ignore the Sex scenes , and the other one like a kid who has just hit puberty and the character, speech pattern and behavior of the secondary character, Snook changes drastically during the story!
If this was supposed to be a comedy, the author has failed miserably, and if it had been intended to be taken
Jessica habeck
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

I love chris. He is a cutie. I'm happy that Hondo is his mate. I really love how they love each and they are best friends.
Karo K.
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-shelf
This is the first in the Demon Warriors series, which is an offshoot from Lynn Hagen's Brac Pack series, which I got sucked into a couple years ago. The demons facinated me in that series, and we find out more about them in Hondo, the first of the new series. Demons live in a sort of parallel world, similar to ours, except it's always night because demon's corporeal bodies fade in sunlight. When demons visit the human world, they do it only at night and they use shadows to move from place to pla ...more
Julie scott
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hondo [ Demon Warriors 1]

This was great can't wait to read the next one in this series ... Lynn Hagen knows how to do a story right ......
Erin
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-paranormal
I really wanted to like this book more than I did. I even reread it at a later date to make sure I didn't like it more the second time; I didn't.

The thing that made it just "okay" for me was Chris. His reactions seemed disproportionate and childish to me -- and not in a charming way. (view spoiler)
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo
Shannon
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Another cute, little read by LH. I've read so many of the Brac Pack and Christian's Coven books lately that they're all blending together and this series seems to be a kind of spin-off of those. There are characters from the other two in this book (or at least one, I could be confused). This one was typical of this series with the big, bad demon and the smaller man needing protection. Chris was a bit on the annoying side but I did enjoy their story. Next....!
Pam
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is a good beginning to a new series and despite the characters being demons their cute, sexy and fun. Chris is a hoot the way he tries to get the attention of Hondo, the man he loves...a man who is dense and clueless. There's action, friends, villainous demons and a theft worked in among Chris getting into trouble and Hondo trying to keep him safe. Watch these two walk the minefield of moving from friends to lovers and how it all works out in the end.
Rita
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I did not like Chris at all, he was just too god damn stupid. He thinks that only because Hondo let him apprehend a criminal, that he's suddenly indestructible and then just goes around and does stupid shit, even though Hondo tells him not to. And then he gets angry that Hondo points it out, just stupid.
V
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
The first book in this series is much the same as the others Lynn Hagen books.
I'm a huge fan of Brac /Zeus Series, I'm not a surprise the Demons series will be another of my favourites.
Although (IMO)Chris, was one the the least likeable characters I have ever read, Hondo in the other hand was adorable.
I'm looking forward to read Snooke story.
Candice
3rd Reading 1-12-15
Man, if I were Chris I would have been a lot more pissed at Hondo! Still loved them though.

2nd read June 2014
Love Hondo and Chris :)

First read 11-14-13
Clover
May 20, 2011 rated it liked it
It was snot as good as the Brac pack or the Zeus pack... reminded me a lot of Joyee Flynn which was not a good thing.
I hope she wsill writes better for the other books because I'm very found of her characters !
Jane A
Mar 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, demons
I liked this book, but I think I would've liked it better if Chris didn't get on my nerves so much. He's always having a pity party for himself and that was really annoying. I hope the other books are better though =)
Devon
This was a nice little insta-love story. I liked Chris but he sounded like an over eager puppy and Hondo was a jerk. There is an actual plot going on in this story but it was confusing and convoluted which didn't help the story at all. Not sure if I'm even interested in the next book.
Rochelle
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book!
Anna
Jul 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not a bad start to a new series....
Marsha Spence
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-para
I liked this one very much. Chris is just adorable!

4/2015 reread of entire Brac Pack, Zeus's Pack, Demon Warriors series. Up thru BP19, ZP22, DW 1
  • Hell's Tempest  (Fatefully Yours #4)
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew #3)
  • Fade to Black (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #3)
  • Damian (Marius Brothers #5)
  • Mate of the High Dragon (Of Dragons and Wolves #5)
  • Angel Kin (His Guardian Angels, #3)
  • Soldier of Fortune's Downfall (Wolves of Stone Ridge #18)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...

Demon Warriors (9 books)
  • Snooke (Demon Warriors #2)
  • Rainerio (Demon Warriors #3)
  • Takeo (Demon Warriors #4)
  • Panahasi (Demon Warriors #5)
  • Kobe (Demon Warriors #6)
  • Einarr (Demon Warriors #7)
  • Wayland (Demon Warriors #8)
  • Jaden's Price (Demon Warriors #9)