Start by marking “Discipline (Deviations, #3)” as Want to Read:
Discipline (Deviations, #3)

Discipline (Deviations #3)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  1,624 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Published April 25th 2007 by Torquere Press (first published April 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Discipline, please sign up.

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. HillDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris Owen
Best Gay BDSM
756 books — 1,058 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
2,924 books — 3,117 voters

More lists with this book...

Gina
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Gina by: Tina
Shelves: favorites, m-m, bdsm
This doesn’t feel like book 3 in the series, this honestly just feels like a continuation of the story of Noah and Tobias. I have been reading one book after the other because of this feeling. I honestly don’t see them as separate books, but just chapter after chapter of their journey. This is not a complaint at all, but just the opposite. I love this series!!

In this book their relationship is definitely on solid ground, they have grown together and evolved and now are solidly in love. Tobias i
A Girl Has No Name
4 stars - my favorite book in the series so far!

In Discipline I finally got a better understanding for Noah and Tobias. For the first time, I really understood their relationship and their dynamics. It was a lot of fun to see how they manage to get closer to each other by overcoming fear and grief. Compared to the first two parts of the series, the focus wasn't only on their sexual relationship, but also on other aspects of their lifes.

In the first part of the book, we get a lot of Phan. I lov
Macky
4.25*
I'm Really enjoying this series. Tobias and Noah are really good together and their relationship has strengthened considerably. More hot sex and lots of delish kink ( especially when they travel to Paris) but I didn't think that there was as quite much focus on the BDSM elements in this one, its there but just not as prominent, possibly because they are in love and their feelings have altered the dynamics between them slightly. Not that that was a problem for me , it just changed the feel
LauraZu
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, bdsm-kink
5 I-want-me-a-Tobias STARS!

So we have Tobias and Noah exploring their relationship even more deeply, not only as Dom and sub but as partners too. We get to see Noah supporting Tobias during hard times, and Tobias returning the favor by leading Noah through intense sexual games, breaking barriers and helping him face his biggest fear, yes, the cage.

"Anything else you wanted to talk about?"
Noah shook his head and shifted slightly so he was lying against Tobias rather than just sitting against him
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Tobias and Noah continue on exploring their relationship but sometimes real life takes over and things don’t always run smoothly.

The one lady that has been there for Tobias since before his parents died sadly passes away and he needs Noah’s support more than ever. Noah proves that he can be everything his master needs and more. This book focuses a lot of Noah’s strength as it is him again sat holding Phan when he breaks down due to the sudden lack of structure in
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆
I waited too long to review this one as well so I'll just mention what I liked (or didn't).

Likes/Highlights: Paris, Noah topping Tobias, Noah stopping Tobias for speeding

Sad: Mrs. Miller's passing and the fallout from that

Dislikes: Even though Noah and Tobias are working towards their togetherness, Phan is manipulating his way in and Tobias' guilt/care is allowing it. See how the next two books pan out.
F.
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, erotica-m-m, mm
Seemed to start slow but really heated up just before Paris when(view spoiler). Sorry to see one character leave the scene so to speak but it was required for Noah and Tobias to move on and eventually live together. Loved all the Paris scenes, definitely lots of action to make it live up to it's name as the city of love.
Reading the shorts for the remaining two books I'm not sure they will appeal so much but one never knows. Lead on McDuff...
Eve
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Much as I enjoy these characters, and as I think the sex between them is hot, I just need more plot in my books. This book felt like it was 80% sex, with the other 20% being the depressing death of a beloved minor character. It was nice to spend more time with Tobias and Noah, but honestly, I had to read this book in little 10-page chunks (one sex scene each).
Trio
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh I love these guys! Tobias is the best Dom ever - there are so many layers to his character and he is so incredibly sweet (when he is being sweet) and such an intimidating man when he wants to be. He's wonderful.

Noah is perfect - I love it when he takes control, and to watch his character develop over the course of the series, it is a wonderful journey.

The plot is wonderfully complex and the hot scenes are peppered in between the dialog so the story rolls along at a perfect pace. Can't wait to
James Cox
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sad, sweet, and sexy. This was a great addition to the series!
Matimate
Jan 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2008
Dr. Tobias Vincent and his sub Noah was pushing their relationship further and took vacation in Paris. They prolonged their contract and they are deciding to move in. That was the main plot accompanied with mushy sex scenes with hint of BDSM. Paris is just a background for depraved sexclubs and bunch of Frenchmen. That was a good part. The bad part was very long description of Phantom and his damn problems, which were deep but author did not go deeper in the description of them. There was very i ...more
Kerry
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Tobias and Noah stay with me long after I have finished reading their stories. In this book, their relationship continues to grow, their love for each other becomes more intense and they sign a new contract. There are some serious issues in the book that Noah and Tobias face together. And their trip to Paris is awesome. The BDSM club that they go to is HOT! I love the new characters that are introduced and I would love to read more about them. Noah and Tobias also mentioned a ...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
I had trouble realising how many pages this book has. I opened up my Kindle cover, turned it on and started reading. Before I knew it I had read the whole book and wanted more.
I am totally enjoying this series, but I have kept them at four stars as I do wish for a little more of Tobias being Noah's Dom instead of his sappy lover. Not that I don't adore the love story of these two characters, but I would like to see a little more of Tobias' dominate nature.
Magen
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked it, not as much as the second one but still engaging. The authors do a great job at keeping the reader engrossed and emotionally tied to the lead characers which is refreshing. I am already tired of Phan and his needs but I see that he is a big part of the next two books so I'll have to get over that I suppose.
Mtsnow13
Not bad, but not my favorite so far. More bonding and in depth development of Tobias and Noah as a couple, lovers outside of their scene.

I liked their time in Paris, and toward the end, certain events assisted in giving Noah more validation, but poor Phan...really curious how things will find some kind of resolution.

On to the next one, as this one fell a bit short for me.
Bibliophile
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This review applies to the entire series. My introduction to this book began innocently enough. Rebecca AWK recently reviewed a BSDM book that she found disappointing. In response, I left a comment on her review to check out a few BSDM books that I've read and liked in the past (For Real, Duck!, and Rough Canvas. I should have also added Axel's Pup). She wrote back and suggested I check out this book and if possible, read the entire series in a row. So I did!

I should preface this review by stati
Valorie
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Tobias and Noah explore their relationships more deeply than they ever have, not just with their own dominance and submission, but with their friends. As Noah helps Tobias through the loss of someone dear, he finds Tobias helping him, too, leading him through some intense sexual games, breaking down the last of Noah's fears, and helping him face his biggest one. The cage. Meanwhile, Tobias' ex-lover, Phantom, becomes close friends with Noah as they discover and try to resist the simmering sexual ...more
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, bdsm, erotica
I really enjoyed this book. At the end of the second book I wondered how things could evolve more in their relationship to warrant another book because the end was pretty darn good but the authors managed to do it. I especially enjoyed the second half of the book in Paris. It was a fun read and also a different look into the bdsm scene.
Leontine
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
There was nothing stopping me now, I was so connected with each character that I had to find out how Tobias and Noah’s vacation to France would go. Aside from the fact that their initial contract was at an ending and negotiations would start again, Tobias wanted them to move in together and have a more long-term contract that would further reflect their commitment to each other. There are many things that can test the strength in a relationship and a personal loss rippled through the chapters le ...more
Tori Thompson
4 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews.

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. This review was originally posted at Love Bytes Reviews, please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews, interviews, and giveaways!

This is the third book in the Deviations series, and picks up right after the ending of the last book. This book is split between Phantom’s emotional issues, Tobias’ emotional issues, a trip to Paris, and a breakthrough for Noah. I think t
Fff
I find this third book of Deviations as good as the previous ones. I like how the two authors write the story, very pleasant, flowing and easy to read.
The couple Tobias-Noah is one of my favorite. But I'm a little more reticent over Phan, not that I can’t find him kind, but it annoys me a little. I know he’ll have a role bigger and bigger in their relationship, in the next two books (I read the summary), however I hope I’ll like them.
In a few episodes of the journey to Paris, some pictures "clic
Charly
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Can hardly wait to read the fourth volume

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 9/10

PROS:
- Hot sex scenes, as usual, but in more unusual settings in this volume.
- Continued development of not just the D/s relationship but also the characters’ emotional connection.
- A lot of progress regarding some of Noah’s trust issues and fear of physical restraint.
- Tobias and Noah finally have an argument! (I was starting to think they were a little too perfect.) And
Kooky
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved books 1 to 3 in this series. Out of all the BDSM novels I've read, this series had the most strict D/S relationship. Tobias takes on Noah as a sub after seeing Noah needs something, he's adrift and needs grounding and issues dealt with. Tobias is a sucker for a sub in need and something about Noah entrances him. Noah is not a sweet yes sir sub all the time. During the day he's a police officer and he has to work to weigh up his responsible professional life against his need to give up co ...more
Feliz
Jan 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, bdsm
Now that Tobias has collared Noah, their relationship is rather established. Tobias finally accepts that Noah is - and wants to be - more than just his sub, but also his life partner. Noah finally trusts Tobias enough to truely believe in his love, helping him to overcome his misgivings about Phan. Tobias, on the other hand, struggles with the notion that he may love Noah but can't stop to feel responsible for Phan. Fortunately, Tobias's friend Bradford is ready to take Phan on as his temporary ...more
Melissa
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Melissa by: Jason Rutledge
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, hottie-cops
This book was my favorite so far, although it had me in tears during most of it. Noah and Tobias' relationships both personal and D/s are blooming wonderfully and although they still have minor issues to work out, I'm thrilled for both of them.

This book dealt a lot with Phan and his issues and I really really enjoyed getting to know more about him although I find his back story heartbreaking and far too intense for anyone to have to deal with.

Phan and Noah are developing a nice little friendshi
Chelsea
This is a great continuation of the series and story of Noah and tobias. Lots of lovely and scorching hot lover scenes and some panty drenching fantasy scenes (seriously!!!) and of course amazing and intense d/s scenes.

So the main thing that put me off continuing the series to begin with was all the mixed feelings towards phan coming into the relationship. This doesn't happen in this book and I'm still hesitant to read Bondage because I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

So this book has some
Minh
Jul 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Of the first three I thought this novel was probably the weakest, which is nothing overly resentful against it. It's hard to maintain that goodfeel buzz you get about a series 3 novels in, the characters at this point are happy together and it's external things which affect them this time around. Phantom is struggling with his needs and he and Noah are gradually becoming closer.

I've heard that there's going to be a separate novel with Phantom and Bradly, I would love dearly to read that because
Julesmarie
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it

This one was good, and it was delightful to get to see the relationship between Tobias and Noah deepen even further, but for some reason this one didn't hold my attention like the first two. I ended up skimming a lot of the sex scenes (and there were a LOT).

Phantom just breaks my heart. He's an amazingly well crafted character. It was fun watching him and Noah become closer, but it killed me to see how much Phan needs someone and how much Tobias wants to help but can't, and how much noa
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Book 3 in the Deviations series - again with the 4.5 for the abrupt ending

Tobias helps Noah finally overcome his fear of the cage as a birthday present. Not what I would want for my birthday, but Noah seemed happy with it.

The friendship between Phan & Noah continues to develop until Phan has a breakdown during one of his weekly visits with Noah. Then Tobias & Bradford have to re-think what Phan truly needs for recovery. It's then decided that Bradford will be a temporary Dom for Phan bec
Table4Five
Sep 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
After all of the learning that Tobias and Noah do together, they decide to take their relationship on a vacation. After the super sexy plane ride they land in Paris. Tobias has been there and he knows exactly where they are going! But first they have to renegotiate their contract ... which is a true testament to the love that they have for eachother. Tobias takes Noah to a BDSM club in Paris that is a little different than the one that they go to in the states. Noah once again above and beyond t ...more
  • Bound and Determined
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
  • Rough Canvas (Nature of Desire, #6)
  • Uneven
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • The Elegant Corpse
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Special Delivery (Special Delivery, #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Sins of the Father (Angel and the Assassin, #3)
  • Soft Focus
  • Lee's Story (The Slave Breakers, #3)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Switch
I live and write in eastern Canada. I went to a bunch of schools, learned a lot of things, and now make stuff up because not to do so is unthinkable. I'm fond of fountain pens, Levenger's Circa system, and Steampunk fashions.
I'm inspired by the day to day minutia of life, and find beauty in the way words go together. I like texture and richness of experience. I'm not shy. I'm happy, I'm learning,
More about Chris Owen...

Deviations (5 books)
  • Submission (Deviations, #1)
  • Domination (Deviations, #2)
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • Safe Words (Deviations, #5)