Start by marking “A Bid For Love (1Night Stand, #88)” as Want to Read:
A Bid For Love (1Night Stand, #88)

A Bid For Love

(1Night Stand #88)

Anthony Conlin is a forty-one year old workaholic in love with his twenty-nine year old neighbor, Reece Whitmore, who looks like he belongs on the cover of GQ magazine. Anthony longs for Reece to the point of obsession, but doesn’t think he stands a chance because of their difference in age, his graying hair and a less than rock hard physique.

When Anthony’s friend, Jagger
Published February 13th 2012 by Decadent Publishing (first published February 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Bid For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bid For Love

Serena Yates
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Anthony and Reece may not seem like the ideal match, but each of them thinks of the other as his fantasy man. Too bad real life (and excruciating shyness) keep intruding. Their story is one that made me smile – getting them together with a somewhat unconventional twist to a charity auction was a nice variation on the ‘bid for your man’ concept.

Anthony is far too shy for his own good. His low self esteem is even getting in the way of noticing Reece’s interest. While I felt sorry for him on the on
Ruby
Rating: D

Originally reviewed at Brief Encounters Reviews

I wasn’t sure when reading the blurb if A Bid for Love was going to be one of those crazy comic capers that I really enjoyed, or if it would just be over the top melodrama. Unfortunately for me, it fell into the second category, but I’m sure there will be readers out there who disagree.

What particularly attracted me to the story from the blurb was the figure of Anthony Conlin: a slightly pudgy man who believes himself to be over the hill at
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

Tony and Reese have been neighbors for a few years, both men are completely hung up on and attracted to the other. However, neither is willing to make the first move, that is until Reese decides he will take a chance. But his flirting doesn’t get far, and poor Tony is completely tongue-tied. When a mutual acquaintance offers Reese a way into Tony’s bed (and hopefully his heart), Reese jumps at the chance for love.

This was my first 1 Night Stan
 Rosebud
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
This book in the ongoing 1Night Stand series features Anthony,forty-one year old financial broker, wanting Reece, twenty-nine year old graphic designer. It should have been easy for the two to become more than just friends as they've been neightbors for three years but neither is willing to take a chance. It will take the skills of Madame Eve to once again give fate a helping hand to get these two together.

Recent installments in this series have minimized the Madame Eve 1Night Stand dating aspec
Naj
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
A Bid for Love was romantic. Completely. I couldn't stop swooning. There were tons of aww's and come on's thrown in there too. Just a little warning to all the people who don't mind male on male. This book is graphic and not for young readers. Graphic but well written. KT Grant is awesome and her installment into the Night Stand series was excellent. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the series written by other authors that will entail different other characters (duh).

Tony is my
Romancing the Book
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Nichelle
Book provided by: publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Anthony Conlin and Reece Whitmore are very easy to relate to and believable characters. Anthony thinks he’s too old for Reece and of course Reece doesn’t think Anthony would give him the time of day because he is a younger man. This conflict is so true to life. So much like real life and how people relate to one another.

The plot is great and kept my interest. It’s developed well for a short story and I
Christi Snow
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This was an interesting format for this series, having these two men who have been circling each other for years and then Madame Eve and Jagger Castillo step in to get them to connect. It was a hot book with a cougar-type story line (if a gay man can qualify as a cougar).

Anthony is a middle-aged guy with middle-aged issues. He's not so sure of his appeal anymore because things aren't so tight anymore. As a result, he's never acted on his attraction to his neighbor Reece although Reece
Sadonna
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, pdf, contemporary
Another enjoyable 1 Night Stand story. This one involves two neighbors who have been shyly circling around each other for years. They are both connected to Jagger Castillo, a character from his own 1 Night Stand story, who figures largely in their even date. Madame Eve is a player once again in this little scenario. Their story was romantic and sweet with a little bit of drama thrown in for some spice.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
I've read a few in this series and have enjoyed them.
Two totally different men have been lusting for each other for over 2 years, but as usual they need the help of meddling friends and the mysterious Madame Evangeline to get the job done!
A quick and easy read that I enjoyed.
Ashley
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was my first book by this author and all in all, I enjoyed it. Plus it hit on one of my kinks, age differences, May/December — whatever you wanna call it!
Frances McNeal
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Another enjoyable 1Night Stand book! Check out my review at Mrs. Condit Reads Books!

dot
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, romance
Sweet and sexy. I've read a few 1NS series books and have liked them all. This is my first read by KT Grant, and I believe I'll be seeking out more of her work.
Jenny
Jul 18, 2017
Dee Wy
Nov 22, 2012
K.T. Grant
Apr 26, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this.
Jun 27, 2012
Kate Richards
Feb 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
KT Grant is a self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who not only loves to read a wide variety of romances, but also loves writing it. A proud native of New Jersey, KT is multi-published and writes Gay, Lesbian and Straight romance. KT also has been a top ten best-selling author at Amazon.

1Night Stand (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • To Feel Again (1Night Stand, #1)
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1Night Stand, #2)
  • Erotic Healing (1Night Stand, #3)
  • Just For Tonight (1Night Stand, #4)
  • Forever Bound (1Night Stand, #5)
  • Burn Me if You Can (1Night Stand, #6)
  • Fairy Casanova (1Night Stand, #7)
  • Panties Optional (1Night Stand, #8)
  • It's a Jungle Out There (1Night Stand, #9)
  • The Middlesex Suite (1Night Stand, #10)