Start by marking “The Champion Maker” as Want to Read:
The Champion Maker

The Champion Maker

In an unprecedented quest for Olympic gold in both the 100 and 1500 meters, a troubled track coach and his young protege uncover a shocking conspiracy. With its blend of cutting-edge science, legal intrigue and conspiracy elements, this timely thriller will delight fans of suspense and sports fiction alike.
Published January 17th 2006 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about The Champion Maker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Champion Maker

Start your review of The Champion Maker
Jens
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
I thought it would be a book about running with some thoughts on doping. Rather it's a debate about doping with some thoughts on running. Nevertheless thought-provoking and fun fiction. ...more
Krusher Basta
I enjoyed this book very much. I decided to read it because of my own personal interest in competitive running. As I recall it was reviewed in one of the running magazines I subscribe to. Usually I am disappointed with how running is portrayed in fiction; it usually is not realistic. But Kevin Joseph does a good job in keeping the running realistic and relevant to the story.
As it turns out the running is just one of several story lines that develop in the book. It raises interesting concerns a
J.Charles
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: running
When I started The Champion Maker, I thought it would be another in a long line of "underdog overcomes impossible odds to take a shot at the olympics" books. Well, this is true to a degree, but Kevin Joseph adds an entirely new layer of mystery, intrigue and biotechnology into the mix, and it makes the book into a surprisingly riveting read. The author's style is not particularly distinct from other such writers, but the dash of suspense and Joseph's track jock turned attorney background makes t ...more
Francis Cusick
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-running
I primarily read this book because it involves distance running, however that aspect does not play as much of a role as I originally thought. Nonetheless, I thought this was an entertaining read in the tone of a John Grisham legal thriller. A few of the twists were far-fetched, but I thought by and large it was an interesting novel which raised some good questions of genetic engineering.
Robert Miller
Jun 20, 2013
Aaron Ishmael
Jan 19, 2012
Lalach
rated it did not like it
May 05, 2013