Start by marking “Finding Myself in Fashion” as Want to Read:
Finding Myself in Fashion

Finding Myself in Fashion

3.16  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
International fashion icon Jeanne Beker dishes on her life on and off the runway

More than 30 years ago, Jeanne Beker set out to live a life that was not just great, but extraordinary. In Finding Myself in Fashion, she recalls some of the high and low points of the turbulent past decade. Personally, she dealt with heartbreak (the end of her marriage) and rediscovered romanc
Published April 26th 2011 by Viking

To ask other readers questions about Finding Myself in Fashion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Myself in Fashion

Elizabeth
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not a huge Jeanne Beker fan or follower, but I did grow up watching Fashion Television with my mum and so I do feel a bit of nostalgia when I think of her.

If you are familiar with Jeanne and a former fan of FT, then this is a mildly entertaining and pleasantly eye-opening read. Finding Myself in Fashion isn't a wild page turner, but it's been amusing and at times quite interesting to learn about Ms. Beker's growth in the Canadian fashion industry.

The downside is that the events of her life a
Jennifer Whiteford
Oct 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I read this because I like Jeanne Beker and I generally like her writing for The Globe and Mail. One Globe article in particular, about taking her daughters to Paris and realizing that they just weren't going to love it as much as she did, was what made me decide to read her book. I liked the candid nature of her storytelling, we hear about divorces, failed relationships, mistakes, conflicts, more than in some other celebrity memoirs. My problem came with Beker's apparent need to summarize every ...more
Andrea
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
It's ok... passes the time :). Could maybe have used an edit to be told in a more linear way, or to develop a consistent theme. Basically a series of vignettes.
Susanne
Oct 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
mildly diverting.
Jake Wilton
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book to see an inside view of the world of Ms. Beker and how everything isn't always as perfect as it seems. The ups, downs and all the triumph in her career but also her personal life, which often times go hand in hand or work against each other. For anyone who likes fashion and lives in Toronto, or really Canada, this book is a must-read for one of our Canadian pioneers for fashion!
Darrell Harvey
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Jeanne Beker says that she ''set out to live a life that was not just great but extraordinary'', and you can tell from reading each chapter that's exactly what she has done, and continues to do. It's a candid look at a fashion icons life.
Jun 03, 2011 rated it liked it
A fun look into Jeanne's life over the last 10-15 years.
Katrina Sark
Marie David
Feb 25, 2015
Mr Ampaabeng
Apr 30, 2017
Jeanne Beker is the host and segment producer of the internationally syndicated FashionTelevision and style columnist for the Globe and Mail. She was editor-in-chief of FQ and SIR magazines, as well as being a celebrated judge for several seasons on Canada’s Next Top Model. In the fall of 2010, Jeanne launched her clothing line EDIT at the Bay across Canada. She is the author of five books, includ ...more
More about Jeanne Beker