Start by marking “Lightning Strikes Twice (Middlemarch Mates, #12)” as Want to Read:
Lightning Strikes Twice (Middlemarch Mates, #12)

Lightning Strikes Twice

(Middlemarch Mates #12)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
An Ellora's Cave Twilight Naughty Nooner story and part of the Middlemarch Mates series.

Lisa Jordan lost her husband two years ago and now it’s time to start living again. At the Middlemarch singles’ ball, she’s attracted to a sexy shifter, but his identity is a shock. Years ago she used to babysit him and now she feels like a dirty old woman.

Sam Mitchell has harbored a cr
Published April 2011 by Ellora's Cave Publications

To ask other readers questions about Lightning Strikes Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lightning Strikes Twice

Caro
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this. A sweet and spicy novella that was packed with steamyness and some good old fashioned shape-shifters. I would read this again, and it would be great for a quickie read pick-me-up. I liked the characters and the story line. The husband was a good addition, never really thought of something like that and I really enjoyed the by play between them. There were emotions too, and that definitely kept this from being just smutty. The ending was great and everything that wa ...more
Morgan
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great quick read from Ellora's Cave, currently up for free on their site. Shelley does a good job introducing the characters to one another and allowing the hero to draw the heroine out of her shell, battling the fact that she is widowed and used to babysit him (although she is less than ten years older than him). It's nice to see a hero who is aggressive but not domineering; one who knows when to press and when to back off a bit and ask "please?"

It's a great hook to bring new readers into her
JP
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story. I never thought I would enjoy this so much and in the end it was fun to read. Being a short story it was perfect for introducing me to a new series, the Middlemarch series. It also showed me that there's always a second chance in life.
I recommend it and if you're lucky it's still a freebie!
Sheila
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Widow is chased by younger man who she babysat as a child. Quick read, not much substance. Likable characters.
Pamela
Sep 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Rated 3.5 of 5

Would have been much better if story could have been more lengthy. Plenty of potential.
Serena
May 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Meow.
Ellen
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Just a quick read, set at the same time as the first book.

Really no relationship development because its so short, but if you know that going in you shouldn't have a problem
Melissa
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
For being a short read I really enjoyed this one. Just the right amount of back story and sexual activities. It was just missing that little extra something to get five stars from me.
Jessica Ocegueda
2readmore
Nov 06, 2013
Sweetpea41
Aug 17, 2018
USA Today Bestselling author, Shelley lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her husband and a rambunctious puppy.

Typical New Zealanders, Shelley and her husband left home for their big OE soon after they married (translation of New Zealand speak - big overseas experience). A year long adventure lengthened to six years of roaming the world. Enduring memories include being almost sat on by a mountain

Middlemarch Mates (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Scarlet Woman (Middlemarch Mates, #1)
  • Peeping Tom (Middlemarch Mates, #2)
  • Stray Cat Strut (Middlemarch Mates, #3)
  • Assassin (Middlemarch Mates, #4)
  • Cat and Mouse (Middlemarch Mates, #5)
  • Cat Burglar (Middlemarch Mates, #6)
  • Leticia's Lovers (Middlemarch Mates, #7)
  • Catnap (Middlemarch Mates, #8)
  • Tiger by the Tail
  • Blue Lady (Middlemarch Mates, #10)