Start by marking “Seven from Heaven: The Miracle of the McCaughey Septuplets” as Want to Read:
Seven from Heaven: The Miracle of the McCaughey Septuplets

Seven from Heaven: The Miracle of the McCaughey Septuplets

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  174 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Seven from Heaven deals important issues that the McCaugheys worked through, including the treatment of infertility, the decision to carry all of the babies to t term, the importance of family, church, and community, and the faithfulness of God to provide in the face of limited resources.
Published November 1st 1998 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Seven from Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven from Heaven

Gingers & Wry by Dwayne R. JamesThe Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare"We Were Five by James BroughThe Bobbsey Twins by Laura Lee HopeProfessors Zwillinge by Else Ury
Multiples
118 books — 37 voters
Doctors in Hell by Janet E. MorrisBlue Heaven by Jadette PaigeHell Bound by Andrew P. WestonHellucination by Stephen BiroInterview with the Devil by Janet E. Morris
Heaven and Hell
132 books — 72 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin
Jan 01, 2011 rated it liked it
I've always been fascinated by the large families who have become household names, the Dilleys, Duggars, Gosselins, McCaugheys, etc., so I took the opportunity to read this book, despite it being a bit dated, as the septuplets are now teenagers.
As suggested by the title, the McCaughey's are devout Christians who praise God whenever possible for the miracle of 7 healthy babies. While the later health concerns for some of the children aren't mentioned in this book because it ends before they are a
Allison
Nov 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Told from a his/her perspective. It was really good. Very interesting and well written. And I'm pretty sure it's more miserable to be 30 weeks pregnant with 7 babies than 41 weeks pregnant with a 10 pounder. And to be on bed rest for 21 weeks - that's a long time. I knew that their church helped out when their babies were born, but they had people coming over in shifts 24 hours. These people were sleeping through the night WAY before their babies were. It made me feel sad for Octomom and her hir ...more
Monta
Sep 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: new moms
I bought this book the year after I had my son, Joshua, in 1998! I remember seeing this miracles on the news shows while I was in recovery from my c-section as they were beginning to leave the hospital as they were born in October. I always knew that if she could do it with 7 and an older child than two would be a breeze. It helped me get through those endless night of breast feeding! Not our babies are in 5th grade and what I wouldn't give for those sleepy moments wondering if this too shall pa ...more
Courtney Gorden
Jul 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I found this book on an old bookshelf at the condo I am staying at this week. The cover caught my attention and I grabbed it. I read the book in 2 days. It is the story of a mom and husband from the time they find out that they are pregnant with SEVEN babies, all the way through the pregnancy and through the first 9 months of the babies lives. It was very interesting reading about how they felt, all the details, and the problems they encountered with the media. Quick, easy read. Made me more gra ...more
Alice
Apr 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Another book that gives insight into the problems of birthing multiples. I liked the way they switched from "Kenny" to "Bobbi" in passages. It made the husband-wife partnership more alive. However, most of the book was not as exciting as Multiple Blessings (by Kate Gosselin). And you have to see the picture on the cover close up--adorable!!!
Pam
Feb 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
With all the hype of multiple births right now it was really interesting to read about it from one family's perspective. There was a lot I had never thought about that they had to deal with! This book was a happy and inspirational book.
Amy
Aug 06, 2008 rated it liked it
Being a huge fan of John and Kate Plus Eight on TLC, I thought I would really like this book. It turned out to be just an okay book. It mostly focused on the pregnancy and the media attention...and very little on the babies.
CM
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Boy, am I glad I didn't have seven at once! (or twins?) It'll be interesting if they choose to be public during the kids' growth! I'm thankful for their wonderful testimonies -- even in the face of the criticism they unjustly received!
Sharon
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I turn to this book when I want to cheer myself up. Who doesn't like seeing pictures of cute babies?
Stephanie
Apr 05, 2008 rated it liked it
A cute, easy read, if not the most astonishing writing style.
Joy
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I was mesmerized by Bobbi and Kenny's neverending faith in God. Loved reading about the many miracles that I believe were a result of their faith!
Becky
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it
A bit self-indulgent, but ok.
Gina
Apr 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Quick read. I enjoyed reading about their faith and how many times their prayers would be answered almost immediately! I'll give this book to anyone who wants to read it. :)
Joyce
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, memoir
Borrowed from a friend. There was no comment. I was especially interested in their story because their Pastor and wife were my dorm parents my senior year of college.
Sharon
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book would like to have read more about the kids. Maybe they will write another, sharing more about the kids and who they are. I would recommend this book.
Sheila
Mar 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
The story of the McCaughey family and the birth of their septuplets and their first year. They seem like a nice family with good values.
Mary
Aug 07, 2015 added it
Awesome book. Loved reading about a part of history I saw on TV. How wonderful that they gave God credit on almost every page.
Dara S.
Mar 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Bobbi and Kenny share their faith through Bobbi's preganancy and the birth of the world's first surviving set of septuplets.
Caitlin
An intresting look at the story of the McCaughey, who discovered that they where expecting seven babies and how they delt with it. Not the best but not bad.
Melissa Drew
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure why the mother kept saying she wasn’t sure all of the babies would make it and that if only 4 were there in the end it’s ok. It seemed like she really didn’t trust god and want all of those babies. Kinda disappointing. The Dad seemed way more positive. Glad they are all healthy and happy and god was in their lives.
Saralyn
Jun 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
I remember reading about the McCaugheys when the babies were born. I appreciated hearing their insights about infertility, the moral choices they faced with carrying multiples, the difficulty of the pregnancy, the emotional drains, the problems with the media.... It was an absorbing read for me.
Pen
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable story following the pregnancy and birth of their seven babies.
Partridge Public
McCaughey,Kenny and Bobbi
618.25
Sue Kozlowski
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Non-fiction. Got pregnant using artificial insemination and had 7 babies. Went to 30 weeks and was on bedrest since 9 weeks! Interesting to read how they handle all those babies!
Humkeb
Apr 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
This all happened in Iowa!
Tammy
Sep 23, 2012 added it
Love this book!
Rebekah
Jul 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Just a great story about how mircales STILL happen. :)
Cindy Michael
  • Tortured for His Faith
  • Praying the Names of Jesus: A Daily Guide
  • Unexpected Love: God's Heart Revealed in Jesus' Conversations with Women
  • Wired:  For a Life of Worship
  • Trees Tall as Mountains (The Journey Mama Writings #1)
  • NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom
  • Unbound: Breaking Free of Life's Entanglements
  • The Cause Within You: Finding the One Great Thing You Were Created to Do in This World
  • Christianity in Crisis
  • The Sacred Echo: Hearing God's Voice in Every Area of Your Life
  • Classic Christianity: Life's Too Short to Miss the Real Thing
  • Stormie: A Story of Forgiveness and Healing
  • Letters of C. S. Lewis (Edited, with a Memoir, by W. H. Lewis)
  • From Our House