Start by marking “Finding Sky (Benedict, #1)” as Want to Read:
Finding Sky (Benedict, #1)

Finding Sky (Benedict-Savant #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  14,546 Ratings  ·  1,287 Reviews

‘You have half our gifts, I have the other . . . ‘

When English girl Sky, catches a glimpse of bad boy Zed in her new American high school, she can't get him out of her head. He talks to her with his thoughts. He reads her mind. He is the boy she will love for ever. Dark shadows stalk her past but a new evil threatens her future. Sky must face the dark even if it means los

Published (first published October 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Sky, please sign up.

Grace Ormerod I agree, but what if they made one and completely screwed it up? How could we bring ourselves to watch it? Especially if Zed got cast wrong- I would…moreI agree, but what if they made one and completely screwed it up? How could we bring ourselves to watch it? Especially if Zed got cast wrong- I would just die.(less)
Manu Yardin Night World series by L.J. Smith.
Soulfinders, powers, different main character that still relates with the previous ones, etc.
The Secret Circle…more
Night World series by L.J. Smith.
The Secret Circle trilogy by L.J. Smith.
The same but the story never changes.(less)

Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult and Young Adult Readers of Romance with a paranormal twist
The Cover : Honestly if my reading group had not choosen Finding Sky as part of it monthly read I might not have otherwise have read it. Now don’t misunderstand me, the art decoration is so simple… well not simple…elegant is a better word to use. The vine used with what looks like ribbon to intertwine a heart gives no indication as to what lies beneath the cover other that a possible romance of some kind.

The Characters : Every book has them, heck without them the story would not have made it
Liz
Jan 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It is pretty much a Twilight-like story. Sky is the new girl in school and immediately captures the attention of the bad guy of the school Zed.
From the very beginning both of them feel the connection and step by step they come closer and finally fall in love.
But nothing is perfect and soon Sky is kidnapped and Zed is the only one who can safe her...

One of the things I like about this book is the write style. It is authenthical and girlie and captivating. The plot is cheesy and the characters a
Cynn
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
«Yo era un misterio para mí misma – un conjunto de recuerdos fragmentarios e inexplorados lugares oscuros. Mi cabeza estaba llena de secretos pero había perdido el mapa que me mostraba dónde encontrarlos».

En Finding Sky se nos presenta una historia que te atrapa una vez que comenzás la lectura. La historia es algo extraña al principio ya que no tenés mucha información sobre el pasado de la protagonista puesto que esta tuvo una especie de amnesia hasta los 6 años. Al llegar a una escuela nueva,
krisy
Aug 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who aren't looking for anything new and original
Shelves: own
Only 35 people, apart from me, gave this book one star. Wow. I feel like a special snowflake.

I gotta mention that I got this book as a birthday present from my best friends regardless of the fact that I told them not to buy me anything because I wasn't even home for my birthday. But they bought me a tiny ceramic tree with amethyst leaves, which I loved, and this book - not so much. I assume that they either have no idea what I like to read or simply hate me. Maybe both.

Now, let's get straight to
Alexa ❤️
5 Stars!

'And the kissing?' He chuckled. 'I have to admit that's for me. I'm selfish that way.' (Page 112 - Zed)

Finding Sky takes your typical new girl moving to a small town and falling for the hot guy with a mysterious family to a whole new level.

The idea of savants is very unique and kind of has an X-men theme to it.

I like that Sky and Zed are pretty much complete opposites but they make up one whole.

At times Sky did annoy me with how much she didn't believe in her self but in the end she c
Sina
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch war einfach nur genial! Ich bin schon total gespannt, ob der 2.Teil genauso gut ist. :)
~Tina~
(3.5stars)

TBR Reduce Challenge #8- 2011 (Alexa)

"You have half our gifts, I the other. Together we make a whole. Together we are much more powerful."

English girl, Sky Bright, just moved to Colorado since her adopted parents got a new job teaching at an art center in town.
Sky has always had a complicated life. She was abandoned at a motorway service station when she was six, traumatized and not being able to remember her own name. And while life seems to be better now, it all changes when she mee
Julia
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1st read: 4.6.2013 (*****)
2nd read: 8. - 11.11.2014 (*****)
3th read: 29.4. - 6.5.2016 (*****)
4th read: 11.11. - 12.11.2017 (****)

Ich habe es vorhin schon gesagt, ich bin nicht mehr so komplett umgehauen wie bisher. Das ist jetzt das erste Mal, dass ich dem Buch keine 5 Sterne gebe ^^ Dieses Mal konnte ich mit Zed nicht mehr so viel anfangen... Das Buch bleibt trotzdem ein all time favourite ♥

-----
6.5.2016:
Immer wieder toll. ♥
Vicki Keire
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. This was one of those stumbled- upon gems of a book. It's even hard for me to pinpoint exactly why I love it so much because so much of this book is very standard fare these days: paranormal girl meets boy with a wonderful family who saves her romance type stuff. . It just has that extra kick that makes you fall in love with a book. Loved Sky- vulnerable, tough, sweet. I want the Benedicts to adopt me. Please please! I loved the way Stirling gave Sky a difficult past without making her ...more
Meg  Moggs (Cynical Herbivore)
When I first saw this book, I wasn't going to bother reading it. The blurb makes it out to be cliché and over the top, and I didn't fancy another Twilight. But still, I gave it a try and bought it. So one rainy afternoon, while I was still feeling lost after finishing my beloved L.J.Snith novel, I decided to read this. I was gripped from the first chapter. It had an intriguing start, and had a nice feeling of normality to it.

It starts off by warming us to the characters: Sky, her adoptive parent
Jessica
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
You weird, weird book...I think this annoyed me to the same extent as I liked it...

BUT - first off: I want to say THANK YOU dear JoJo for sending me this book! Thank you so much! ♥

Now, what did I think of this? I must say, Finding Sky felt like a rather clumsy attempt at paranormal YA romance. Clumsy because there were just so many things that didn't make any sense to me at all - I'm sure I've got additional wrinkles on my forehead now because of all my frowning - and an attempt because...well..
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
2,5 αστεράκια....

Δυστυχώς ήταν μέτριο... θα μπορούσε σαφέστατα να είναι πολύ καλύτερο. Σίγουρα είχε όλα τα στοιχεία για να γίνει αυτό. Γιατί όμως δεν έγινε?
Ίσως να φταίει το ότι ήταν προχειρογραμμένο ή ίσως να φταίει ότι δεν ήταν τόσο καλά δουλεμένο....
Ίσως και να χάθηκε και στην μετάφραση.
Πάντως το σίγουρο ήταν ότι η Joss Stirling είναι φαν του Λυκόφως και ειδικά του Jacob!!!

Ας το πάρουμε όμως από την αρχή...
Έχουμε λοιπόν την Σκάι μια 16χρονη η οποία μετακομίζει με τους θετούς γονείς της από τη
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

This was a slow building romance with a who-dunnit side plot that was well done, I enjoyed it.

Clean from swearing and any mentions of sex.
Bungle Midnight Reads
WOW! Just WOW! Why didn't I read this book sooner?

I think the above, taken from goodreads, tells you enough about the book and I kinda wish something similar was written on the back of the book itself.
I will admit this is a book I looked at over and over in work and for some reason I never bought it. But then one of my customers couldn't stop talking about it and we have very similar tastes. Before I had chance to buy the book she had come back into the shop and said 'read it, you'll love it' an
Meli
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Concurso internacional por acá:

Otro libro que empecé con miedo y me terminó encantando.

Los romances paranormales me resultan tan cansadores después de la moda pasada que creo que ya me es imposible no empezar uno nuevo temiendo lo peor (que sea otro bodrio más del montón.

Me encantó Sky porque aunque tiene todos los elementos básicos del romance paranormal, rompe con los clichés. No tenemos una protagonista tonta que a los dos segundos se enamora del
oliviasbooks
I do not have enough patience today to be subtle. I just want to say that in my opinion this 'New-Fragile-Bambi-Eyed-Girl-From-Britain-You-Were-Meant-For-Me-Let-Me-Pick-Your-Brains-Telepathically-And-Stay-With-Me-Forever-To-Save-My-Sanity' crap is a complete waste of time. Luckily I spent only 99 Cents for it (Kindle Deal of the Day). Therefore I stop reading the paranormally bad stuff after 30% pure struggle without being too angry with myself for acquiring it.
Joost
Een boek vol liefde, mysteries en gaven. Lees hier mijn recensie van Het verhaal van Sky!
Temi Panayotova
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Тъй като поредицата „Саванти“ е трилогия, аз си бях взела само 1-вата книга, за да видя дали ще ми се хареса и чак тогава да си купя другите две книги.
А сега за самата книга като цяло – ако обичате да четете книги, в които героите имат специални сили и харесвате любовни истории – това е книгата за вас.
Natalia
This is another really light and non engaging paranormal book. Honestly it was nothing too special and I don't think I'll remember it for a very long time, but while I was reading it it was lots of fun. It was a very light and I read it in 3 hours. That's not normal for me. It usually takes me a lot more, but this book was just so addicting.
It pretty much stars like every paranormal book. The main female character moves to a small town where she meets a mysterious bad boy. The boy of course is r
Tina ♥ Bookaholic

Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Angefangen hat das Buch richtig gut und es hat sich schnell zu einem richtigen Page-Turner entwickelt, den ich nicht aus der Hand legen könnte. Besonders, da ich die Prota Sky einfach klasse fand mit ihren witzigen Gedanken, tollen Kommentaren oder mit ihren Nerd-Momenten, wenn sie sich selbst als Comicfigur gesehen hat *toll*

Doch dann kam bald mal der Love-Interest und ich hatte leider so einige Problem mit ihm. Mit ihm meine ich Z
Marieke
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ondanks dat ik dit boek ooit al eens gelezen heb,, heb ik toch enorm genoten van dit boek! Het is een goed verhaal en ik vind Sky en Zed leuke personages. Het boek las lekker vlot en er was genoeg actie in het verhaal. De Benedicts lijken me echt leuke mensen (:
Eves
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnfed
I can't do it. I made it to page 210 and I just can't do it anymore. It's like a really bad rip-off of Twilight and as a twenty two year old, I can't put myself through this. If I'm falling asleep everytime I pick up this book, it's a sign that I shouldn't read it.

I'd recommend this to any fourteen year old that doesn't mind reading trash, but there's far more books out there that I deserve to read over this tripe. It'd be a one star if I hated it, but I just don't have the energy so it's a two
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 4.25

This was a great read. The story contained just the right amount of romance and mystery. The story was interesting and fun to read. It is about a girl named Sky who was left at the age of 10 and she is adopted. Her adopted parents move to America and she has to make a new life, and friends. As the time passes, she makes new friends and has an attraction towards Zed Benedict.

The characters were great. Sky is really down-to-earth. She is also shy and cute. Zed is the biker ba
Steffi
The book is entertaining but still it couldn't persuade me completely.

I havent't read the blurb again before starting this book, so I had no idea what it was about or what I could expect from it.

The "secret" makes a nice change to the usual paranormal stuff. I really enjoyed the idea, though the background information remained quite thin. I also liked the characters. Sky has a great humour and I liked a lot of her sayings.
Unfortunately the story was very simple and didn't hold many surprises. I
Juan Manuel
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Iba a ponerle 4 pero no se, los últimos capítulos lo hicieron subir de nivel, lo amé completamente, no se como expresarme sobre este libro... Necesito leer los otros! Quiero leer toda esta saga.
Me pareció muy interesante todo esto de los Savants y los personajes son muy memorables. Me encantó!
Mirela P.
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
След "Вината в нашите звезди", "Скай" ми се стори по-объркана, но пък все толкова прекрасна- любов между момче и момиче :) И всичко благодарение на @Petya
Amelie
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zur Aufmachung

Wunderschön! Der Titel, das Cover, einfach alles! Da stört es auch nicht, dass sie die Farben geändert haben, so wie es jetzt ist, sieht es auch einfach wunderbar aus und der Titel klingt nicht nur gut, sondern passt dazu auch einfach perfekt zum Buch! Es geht darum, dass Sky sich selbst finden muss! Einfach wunderbar!

Zum Buch

Ihr müsst wissen, dass ich schockiert war. Um ca. halb zwölf Uhr abends begann ich dieses Buch zu lesen. Als mein Blick das nächste Mal auf die Uhr ging, ware
Mary Rose
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Esta es la clase de libro que me da la sensación que va ser todo cliché y resulta que no es tan cliché como pensaba. Me alegro haberme equivocado porque realmente me sorprendió mucho este libro.
No tenemos a la típica chica tonta que se enamora del chico de turno a los cinco segundos de verle. No y no. Sky es fuerte, tiene sus virtudes, sus defectos e incluso nos muestra sus miedos. Lo mismo me pasa con Zed; un chico seguro, que tiene sus inseguridades y haría lo que fuera con tal de proteger a
Savannah
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love this book. I was hooked straight away. The characters were described so well and having a book with a completely different topic from the norm was great. Savents never heard of them but i am presuming that they may become a big topic because they are a whole new area of people with a mystery and so not completely human as we know it. Sky is a great heroine. The book is set around her having an intense journey not only to another country but love and a whole side of herself which she has nev ...more
Marzena
Akhem. Finding Sky is one of the novels that could be a total hit, but is totally bland instead.

Sky is a girl with dark and pushed away from memory past. When she moves to US and meets the guy who claims to be her other half, she keeps it low, fights the danger, relieves her memory, blah, blah, add the paranormal bit, blah.

Akhem. Obviously, there is a pattern in the story, so there is little surprise for a reader. It reminds me of the very repetitive historical romances where the book won't end
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Benedict-Savant Series By Joss Stirling - Starting October 23rd AND December 7th 2017 9 14 Dec 11, 2017 11:23AM
RavenClub: Caps 21-Final 1 23 Mar 31, 2015 12:32PM
RavenClub: Caps 15-20 1 16 Mar 31, 2015 12:31PM
RavenClub: Caps 9-14 1 11 Mar 31, 2015 12:31PM
RavenClub: Caps 1-8 1 32 Mar 31, 2015 12:30PM
Favourite Benedict brother? 13 58 Feb 06, 2015 10:05PM
  • Fated (Fated, #1)
  • By Midnight (Ravenwood Mysteries, #1)
  • Everlasting: Der Mann, der aus der Zeit fiel
  • Mortal Kiss (Mortal Kiss, #1)
  • Angel's Fury
  • Central (Daughters Of Saraqael, #2)
  • Dark Heart Forever (Dark Heart, #1)
  • Angel Dust
  • Awakened (Prequel, The Guardian Legacy)
  • Das Blut des Dämons (Dawn & Julien, #3)
  • Breaking Point (The Order of the Elements #1)
  • Under My Skin (Skinned, #1)
  • Tempus (Tempus, #1)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Mist (Mist, #1)
  • Intrinsical (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #1)
  • A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood Ransom (Blood Ties, #2)
Joss Stirling is a British novelist. Her first novel under this name was the internationally successful, Finding Sky, which is followed by five others in the same series entering into the savant world of young people with special powers. Central to the story are the Benedict Brothers, seven talented guys from Colorado.

In a second series, Struck, Joss begins a new world of detective romance. The f
More about Joss Stirling...

Benedict-Savant (7 books)
  • Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Teasing Xav (Benedicts, #3.5)
  • Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)
  • Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
  • Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)
“The last thing I wanted was to fall in love
because, deep down, I remembered that love hurt.”
220 likes
“Sky, you can't ignore this!" He stood under the street lamp, sleet settling in his hair, hands fisted at his side. "You're mine - you have to be.” 146 likes