Start by marking “The High Blood Pressure Solution: A Scientifically Proven Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease” as Want to Read:

• Proves that the majority of cases of stroke, heart attack, and hypertension can easily be prevented by maintaining the proper ratio of potassium to sodium in the diet.

• Updated with scientific evidence from a recent Finnish study showing a 60 percent decline in deaths attributed to strokes and heart attacks.

• Provides a comprehensive program for balancing body chemistr
Published May 1st 2001 by Healing Arts Press (first published March 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The High Blood Pressure Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The High Blood Pressure Solution

Frank
Feb 05, 2013 added it
Just received this book today... fascinating! According to the author, between 1972 and 1992 the entire country of Finland reduced heart attacks and strokes 60% nationwide, primarily by replacing table salt with a mixture of 57% sodium chloride, 28% potassium chloride, 12% magnesium sulphate and 2% lysine. During this time the average systolic blood pressure reduced by 10mm Hg and mortality from stroke reduced by 62% in men and 63% in women. So why doesn't every one, particularly every doctor in ...more
Donna
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Hypertension is completely preventable without drugs. The vast majority of heart attacks and strokes could be eliminated simply by balancing dietary potassium and sodium. Most people consume too much sodium and too little potassium. Based on this principle, the entire country of Finland has reduced cardiovascular disease 60%. Read this book and save your life like I did. It really works.
Dale Stonehouse
Sep 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Birthday present from my mother who after beginning dialysis started thinking about diet for the first time. The solution is maintaining a 4:1 ratio of potassium to sodium in your diet. It also gives a more detailed description of blood pressure drugs than I have seen before which makes this a useful reference. The charts of potassium and sodium content in various foods will come in handy.
Paul Prather
May 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
My blood pressure used to be 180/100 until my doctor put me on medication. After following the principles in this book, my blood pressure came down so much my doctor took me off the meds! Today I'm averaging 118/73.
Sam
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: via-kindle
Simply the best book on the subject. Learn from it and you can remove high blood pressure from your problem list.
Hussain