Start by marking “Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More” as Want to Read:
Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More

Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More

Visual instruction for 300 crochet stitch patterns This visual encyclopedia features step-by-step instructions for 300 gorgeous crochet stitch patterns, from basic stitches to cables, lace, textured stitches, mesh and filet crochet, fans and shells, clusters, puffs, bobbles, spike stitches, colorwork, and more. Each pattern is accompanied by a full-color photo and a chart. ...more
Published October 3rd 2011 by Visual (first published September 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia

Start your review of Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More
الخنساء
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
مرجعي المفضل للغرز من سنوات، جربت غيره لكن ما أعتمد غير عليه
Shala Kerrigan
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts, make-it
I love crochet style books with lots of stitch patterns to help me design projects. Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia by Robyn Chachula is an excellent addition to a crocheter's library.

Each of the patterns is laid out in both International crochet diagram symbols and written patterns in American terminology with a very clear color photo that shows the finished item with great stitch definition. So if you're more comfortable with written patterns, but want to learn how to follow crochet
Marie Segares
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crochet, needlecrafts
(Full disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from Wiley to review on my blog.)

I was very excited when I received my review copy of Crochet Stitches VISUAL Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More by Robyn Chachula from Wiley. Robyn is a structural engineer by training and is known for using stitch symbols with her designs. I'm a stitch guide junkie (I have reviews of over 20 stitch guides on my blog and Amazon), and had really high expectations of this Encyclopedia. I
Kay
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: library, reference
There are some wonderful stitch patterns here with clear photos (for the most part). The diagrams are detailed and the instructions for each stitch are written clearly.

This is another crochet book that emphasizes stitches (organized by type) and does not have any projects. There is some info on which patterns may work best in certain types of yarn or thread.

People who love intricate crochet patterns will enjoy this book, as will people who crochet garments. As my eyesight can no longer read
Min
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafting
There are several stitches offered, yet the greatest drawback for me is that the photographs are both small, drab colors, and unclear as to their stitch definition. They appear to be lit from beneath which offers a terrible view of the details. I would give it a much better review if the pictures were improved. The selections are a step-up from the basics; a quarter of the patterns are motifs. The diagrams could be larger, and in a bolder print for ease of reading.
Heather
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crochet, non-fiction
Got some mixed opinions when I asked about this on Ravelry. People seemed to prefer other stitch dictionaries better and said that this one was too motif-heavy, but I loved it!

I am not a super-experienced crocheter, but there was a lot here to inspire me. I thought the encyclopedia was pretty comprehensive. Yes, there is a large section on motifs, but there are fairly large sections on different stitch types as well. I think my favorite section was the one on colorwork. After looking through it,
Heidi
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book! There are a few stitches that are great for beginners, but this books seems to be geared toward those who already know basic stitches.
The lace stitches are nice, there are many that I haven't seen in other books, nor online.
Their is a granny square/shape section, which is good, but not too extensive. There is also a few pages that talk about how to connect the square, which I loved.
There is also a section on borders, but it isn't a huge selection.
Lil' Grogan
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: handmade
If I didn't already have most of these patterns, I would consider buying the book. Nice variety and presentation of swatches. However, I don't like her method of charting. Maybe because I'm used to reading Japanese charts, I find her placement of stitches off. Some of them I couldn't figure out where the stitches went, and had to revert to the written instructions to figure out what she wanted.
Vashti
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the sheer breadth of stitch pattern types represented in this very inspiring book!
Liz
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crochet-books
From what I have seen of this book its really fabulous! It covers a lot of great stitches. I think this is a book every crocheter needs in their bookshelf!
Renee
Feb 23, 2014 added it
An excelant recsouse
Natasja King
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my go-to book whenever I am designing crochet patterns. I can't imagine my crochet library without this book.
Bonnie Vasko
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knit-crochet
Really fabulous book. Tried a few new stitches. Definitely will get years of use from this. I can see using it more and more as my skill level increases.
Sian Jackson
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this and the stitch n bitch the happy hooker are some of the books i just read again and again
Catherine
Delora Evans
Jan 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Corner to Corner Crochet: 15 Contemporary C2C Projects
  • Super Stitches Crochet: Essential Techniques Plus a Dictionary of more than 180 Stitch Patterns
  • 100 Afghans to Knit  Crochet
  • The Step-by-Step Guide to 200 Crochet Stitches
  • 500 Crochet Stitches: The Ultimate Crochet Stitch Bible
  • Interweave Presents Classic Crochet Blankets: 18 Timeless Patterns to Keep You Warm
  • Big Book of Crochet Afghans: 26 Afghans for Year-Round Stitching
  • Mr. Zinger's Hat
  • The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting
  • Zak George's Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to Raising the Perfect Pet with Love
  • Friends With Boys
  • When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)
  • Airhead (Airhead, #1)
  • Runaways, Vol. 1: Find Your Way Home
  • Runaways, Vol. 2: Best Friends Forever
  • Being Nikki (Airhead, #2)
  • Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1)