Start by marking “This Magic Moment (Bedding the Bachelors, #1; Dalton Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
This Magic Moment (Bedding the Bachelors, #1; Dalton Brothers, #1)

This Magic Moment

(Dalton Brothers #1)

Alternate cover (and title) for this ASIN can be found here

Melina Parker has always excelled in two things: research followed by hands-on application. She prides herself on being a lady in public, but after she's dumped yet again for being a lady in the bedroom, she's ready to go back to school.

Determined to find her inner sex diva, she enlists her childhood friend, Max Da
Published December 15th 2010 by Virna DePaul

To ask other readers questions about This Magic Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Magic Moment

Kath Carter
Jun 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, made-me-angry
description

This book was frustrating. There were times I wanted to scratch my eyeballs out because I thought it would be less painful. My brain hated my eyes for reading it.
So let’s start with the plot. It’s in the title “bedding the wrong brother”
A little weird, maybe a little cliché. But just the concept had me intrigued. I was like: Okay, let’s see how this plays out. The beginning was fine, a little irritating but ok. The characters lacked depth. The story telling was bland. At the end of the book I d
Jill
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

I was pleasantly surprised by this cute romance. And by cute I don't mean all lovey dovey and full of sweetness. This book was actually quite steamy, but with a good solid love story in there to help it along.
Melina has been friends with twins Rhys and Max her whole life, and a crush on Rhys for the same amount of time. Rhys also liked Melina, but an incident in there teens left there friendship Shaky.
Since then Melina has been with a few
Michelle
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be fair, I only read the book because I'm coming to the end of the month and I hadn't gotten a book from the Lending Library.

I rarely cry during a book. Even more so, because of a HEA. I think the last time I truly cried reading was "A Walk to Remember" but who can really blame anyone. That book was ridiculous with her dying. But, this book, was a fantastic, fast read. Tears, actual tears, fell from my eyes with a mixture of a sniffle. There were times where my heart felt like it was wrenchin
Joana

So last night I was looking for what to read next, and I picked this one a bit randomly on my Kindle.
And oh boy did it was a pleasant surprise! I was immediately hooked in the story and ended up reading it in one setting.
Oh my, so much glorious angst! I know, I must be such a masochist reader but I can't help but be drawn to stories like this...unrequited love, love someone behind close doors, well maybe I'm just projecting and seeing to much of myself in these stories.

description

Anyway, this is Melina sto
Alp
2.5/5

It wasn't great and it wasn't terrible, it was just... meh.

There was nothing wrong with the characters, and none of them could be considered scrappy ones. In fact, I love reading love stories where childhood friends become lovers. I don't know why I felt like there was something missing in the story, and something about Rhys and Melina's relationship felt a bit off to me. The problem was that the story itself didn't make much sense. Besides, I didn’t believe more than half of what happened
Laurie Garrison

This Magic Moment is realistic, steamy and passionate story, one that I really enjoyed. I was very impressed with the passion Virna DePaul adds in her book. I really liked the realistic feel the author adds between these two, they start out as teens and in one moment things change, only to get another chance later in life. But when Rays and Melina finally gets that chance they have to learn to stay together. Just because these two finally gets hot in between the sheet one night, that doesn’t mea
Sara
This was better than I thought it would be.

I love unrequited love and when it's on both sides it's double the pleasure.

I love that we got the prologue of these two when they were young. I loved that Melina can tell the twins apart and that Max will never be more than a friend to her. I loved the girls night in and how Melina's BFF's get to ask Max to tutor her in the sack. HA! This book was fun.

Sure, there was a bit of suspension of belief when Melina turned into Velma without her glasses on w
Jack Heath
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was described to me as "like The Prestige but with more sex". This was technically accurate, as the story is partly about how hard it is to be in a relationship with/as a magician, and also (spoilers for The Prestige follow) (view spoiler). But the similarities are only surface deep.

Melina Parker is an entomologist with a longstanding crush on Rhys Dalton, a childhood friend who has become a famous illusionist. When a though
Cathy
Sep 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
This was a good romance: Melina, at age 14, meets the 16-y-o Dalton twins, Max and Rhys. She loves Max like a brother but is in love with Rhys.
At age 27 Melina still loves Rhys. She has had several affairs which have all ended with a blow to her self-esteem. She feels she doesn't have the "sexiness" to hold onto a lover. Melina and her BFFs concoct a plan in which she will ask Max to spend a weekend tutoring her in sex and passion.
Of course, Max knows Melina loves Rhys and plans on getting Rhys
VEL
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

This book was provided Through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

Melina Parker has known the famous Magicians, the Dalton twins, Max and Rhys since they were children. Melina has been close to both brothers, but always had a crush on Rhys. She embarks on improving her sex life, after being told by her previous boyfriends that she is rubbish in bed. So deciding on asking Max to teach her what to do. Max tricks Rhys to take his place and this is when the book starts to pick up.
Erica
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With a title like Bedding the Wrong Brother, I couldn't help but to be enticed and pulled in by this one. And I was completely surprised by how much awesome Virna DePaul packed into this one! I loved it.

Both Melina and Rhys were fantastic characters - I loved the stunt Max pulled to get them together, and everything that followed. Melina is a bug scientist - which is definitely off the beaten track, and I loved that Rhys and Max were magicians, totally unique.

I cannot wait to read more from Vir
J.L. Leslie
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liked, rich-alpha
3.5. Stars. I've had this book on my Kindle for a while and I've just now gotten around to reading it. I enjoyed the book. It had a good plot, it wasn't really drama filled and I liked Rhys and Max. There were times that Melina annoyed me a little. I felt that she was a bit immature in some instances (I think because she was a bit wishy-washy) and that rubbed me the wrong way, but overall, she was a likeable heroine. I would've liked to have gotten to know the secondary characters a bit more sin ...more
Kay Bolton
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
A quick and definitely undemanding read.

However, please don't confuse that short and to the point sentence with me not liking it. It was okay, and I did actually enjoy it. At times I felt like knocking Rhys and Melina's head together though.

Also, as pretty much of an Alpha female, I found her a little self-pitying and woe-is-me, but that is just from my own point of view.

The sex scenes were a little tame, and it would have been nice to see them spiced up a little more, as what was the point of e
Tonileg
Contemporary romance about second chances childhood friends mixed with lots of misunderstanding between Melina Parker and the twin brothers, Max and Rhys Dalton. There is lots of magic tricks and magicians in the story which is fun and makes the story different from the usual romance story.
Max and Rhys Dalton are identical twins which no one seems to be able to tell the difference except their childhood buddy Melina. Melina always can tell the difference, even from a far because she has always b
Sincere
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Melina was complaint by her ex-boyfriend that she didn't have skill in bed.
So she decided to practice it with her childhood friend, Max.
But instead of her friend, she accidentally slept with his twin brother, Rhys.

Rhys had fallen in love with Melina since he was young.
But it seemed that she liked his brother much more than himself.
So even he was surprised when she threw herself at him, Rhys deided to go along with it.

This storyline intrigued me.
It seemed that practiced her skill in bed with he
Jill
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romances
Okay, when I read the synopsis for this book, I was really hoping for a story like Wrong Bed, Right Guy...not quite, or rather, not at all. I felt that Rhys was a little on the dull side, as was Melina. I just never felt the passion for or between them. And I didn't understand Max at all. I'll admit that there were MANY times that I found myself skimming over page after page because I was just that disinterested in the story. Too much repetitive information about their past, and their current st ...more
Janie Evans
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Bedding the Wrong Brother" by Virna DePaul is my first read by this offer, but it will not be my last. This story was a quick, HOT read and I found myself not wanting to put it down.

Melina grew up with Rhys and Max. The boys are twin brothers. Even though she got along well with them both there was something that was always there between Rhys and his ladybug. Melina is unlucky in love and asks Max to show her how to please a man. Rhys does not like this one bit.

So much to this story that I can
Rag
This book was an interesting read because I've never read a book with magician. Mel kinda annoyed me at times. In the beginning she was annoying . Rhys is...interesting. I didn't FALL in love with him but there was a hint of a crush. It's really important for me to fall INLOVE with the characters especially the guys because if I fall INLOVE ill love the story even more. Above all this was a fun read and I really enjoyed it.
Mary McFarlane
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This was alright, I can see myself reading the rest of the series but I'm in no rush to go out and buy the rest of the books like I do in other series
Katherine
short story quick to read but sometimes the character got on my nerves.
Zara
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars
Read this on the Radish app.
I really liked the idea of this book but it was really frustrating
2/5 stars
Gaufre
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
There were two good scenes: the one where she "beds the wrong brother", and the one where they talk about what happened when they were young. Except for that, I did not like the dynamics between them, where he teaches her how to be more confident sexually. It felt like too many lessons for the reader about sex, anticipation, unpredictability, passion, blahblahblah.

*start of rant*
I wish authors would stop starting books with a scene the lead female gets together with girlfriends, who inevitably
Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
WOW. I did not expect this book to be so good and grab me form the very beginning. The characters had such good chemistry that I had trouble putting it down. Rhys, I love the quiet brooding type that has a secret crush on his best friend. While his twin Max is the outgoing brother who has a closer relationship with Melina. One-night changes everything. Will Melina be able to tell Rhys what she has always felt for him without scaring him out of her life forever. Will Rhys be able to have the girl ...more
Chessela Helm
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one. Started reading the preview and couldn't stop reading. The characters had been crushing on each other forever but were only now admitting their feelings, and it was great to see them finally happy. I thought Melina was a great heroine, and her hesitation felt authentic. Rhys was super sexy and full of love, exactly what you want a hero to be. The conflict came naturally out of the situation, it wasn't tacked on. A great story, fun, with a gentle humor throughout.
Jackie
A mixture of the spicy and the sweet Melina and Rhys's story is a little longer, their characters and situation a tad bit more well developed for me but most of all not only do they get to finalize their HEA but the book sets up the next two for readers as well.
Becky Hedge
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bedding The Wrong Brother

Excellent book. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Excellent story line kept your interest and attention making it hard to put down.😊
Emily
Melina Parker has long had a crush on Rhys Dalton but she has always leaned on his twin brother more than the broody Rhys. When Melina decides she needs educating in the bedroom department, she enlists Max to help find her inner seductress but Max knows that Rhys and Melina are meant to be and gets Rhys to switch places but he has no clue Melina doesn't know it isn't Max. When push comes to shove both find themselves falling harder for each other but can they take a chance of keeping that happin ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**Provided by Netgalley and Season Publishing for an honest review**

Melina grew up best friends with a pair of twins, Rhys and Max. She had a major crush on Rhys and she was one of the only ones who could tell the twins apart. She NEVER got them mixed up however hard they tried to trick her.

On her sweet sixteenth she ended up waiting for an hour for Rhys but got told he was held up with another girl, where-upon in her upset and tears she had her first kiss with Max as a pity kiss. This kept both
Melindeeloo
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - ( Also titled Bedding The Wrong Brother available separately and in the anthology Romance Me)

Having a new man interested in her - with her last three boyfriends complaints of her lack of skills in the bedroom taking a toll on her femine self esteem - a little nudge from her girlfriends spurs entomologist Melina to seek some practical experience in learning how to please a man. And who better to ask than her long time friend magician Max who Melina feels totally comfortable with - unl
Linda Sims
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ROMANTIC AND HOT

Since they were all children Melina Parker has been best friends with the Dalton twins, Max and Rhys. Melina loved them both but it was Rhys that had her heart. Then an incident on her sixteenth birthday had created a rift between her and Rhys, he was the quieter more intense out of the twins. While Max was far more gregarious.

Melina's 25th birthday is looming and her life is not so great, yes she loves her job as an entomologist, it's her love life that stinks. Her three boyfrie
Goodreads Librari...: change primary edition 3 15 Jan 08, 2016 05:24PM

• On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • One Too Many Men
  • White Wedding (The Guardian Agency #1)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Final Affair (Venice Vampyr, #2)
  • Deception (International Romance, #1)
  • Smooth Irish (Weldon, #2)
  • Emily's Affair
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Some Day Somebody
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Dirty Little Lies (Marisela Morales/Dirty #2)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Carter's Treasure (Racing to Love, #1)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Cajun Hot
  • Copping To It
A former prosecutor, Virna DePaul writes "heat, heart, & HEA" for Harlequin and Random House. She is also a bestselling Indie author, with Bedding The Wrong Brother being a top 100 contemporary romance on Amazon with over 150 5* reviews. www.virnadepaul.com

Dalton Brothers (4 books)
  • Bedding the Bad Boy (Bedding the Bachelors, #2; Dalton Brothers, #2)
  • Wedding the Bad Boy (Bedding the Bachelors, #2.5; Dalton Brothers, #2.5)
  • Bedding the Billionaire (Bedding the Bachelors, #3; Dalton Brothers, #3)
“He'd folded the card into a shape that clearly resembled a lizard, with one spade as its eye.” 1 likes
“And then what?” she forced herself to ask, even though she already knew the answer. “What were you going to do after you and Max were done with each other?” It seemed obscene somehow, the way he kept bringing Max into this. Which was silly, of course. “We were going to part friends. Go back to the way things always were. No expectations. No embarrassment.” He” 0 likes