Start by marking “Maid for Me” as Want to Read:
Maid for Me

Maid for Me

(Maid for Me #1)

Feisty Mina Lin waltzes on glass shards when she lands a job as billionaire Jaiden Daniels's maid. What happens when Jaiden hires her to become his pretend girlfriend? Pretending to be in love with the hot Rich Boy is hard, when Mina's heart only beats for her boy next door, Kiterin Forrests. What happens when Mina doesn't know what her heart wants and a crazy Stalker is a ...more
Published November 18th 2009

Anzu The Great Destroyer
Bitch mode: on. Ranting mode: on. Troll magnet: on.

BEGIN!

I was going to keep this short. Write two lines and leave it at that. I couldn’t.

Maid for Me. Probably one of the worst puns (and books) in the history of man.

And you thought Twilight was bad. Guess again.

Ok, since I’m sure you’re dying to know what this book is all about, lemme quote some relevant stuff from the Goodreads description to paint a nice picture for you.
Feisty Mina Lin waltzes on glass shards when she lands a job as billion
Michaela
Apr 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book just wasn't for me. I have to give the author credit for writing the book, but that's pretty much to only good thing I can say about it. So prepare for a harsh review. Sorry.
Mina (The main character) was the most annoying person I have ever read about. Now I don't want to be mean, but no wonder she had no friends. I was constantly rolling my eyes every time she said or did something. She just didn't know how to act even remotely normal. The author tried to make her sound feisty and rea
Christine
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this book a few years ago when i was more into chick lit and didn't discover the joy and excitement of reading books like Fifty shades of Awesome (Grey) .

I thought the story was cute but a little too predictable:

Fall in love with best friend, get rejected by best friend, pretend to be billionaire's son's maid and girlfriend and of course he falls in love with you and you live happily ever after..where's the spunk?

usui & ayuzawa - kaichou-wa-maid-sama Wallpaper
Selina
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Definetly not what I expected. I thought it would be too simple: Mina pretends to be the girlfriend of the rich boy Jaiden and eventually fall in love. But the whole stalking plot and things were making the story quite interesting. The ending was also good. There was some action and instead of both admitting their love to each other and live happy ever after, Mina rejected Jaiden. That was something quite unexpected, which I like. I also like that Mina is an fighting though caring Asian. Reminds ...more
Mitali Sen
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I could do with the few more books like this. Frankly most people can. With plus size heroines who loves martial arts and go around saving boys as opposed to the usual sexist standards of damsel in distress and knight in shining armour.
BlueJ
Jan 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars

This must have been like a first-time author's writing exercise. The story line bounced all over the place. The characters had zero depth and only Mina and Jaiden experienced minor development. And the names of the characters? Kiterin? Jaiden? Kaila? Really? Don't, just don't.
It would be better and slightly more believable(in the sense that I can suspend disbelief more readily) if Mina were 18, not just turned 16. Also, it was a pet-peeve that she's a tough and trained tomboy, but do
Sibel Hodge
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mina is a feisty sixteen-year-old who's had to act more like a parent than a teenager. She's in love with her best friend, who just happens to start dating someone on Mina's birthday. But the bad things in her life are a catalyst for finding a new job and a new love. When Mina (famous for her martial arts Mina-Jitsu) becomes a bodyguard for a billionaires son who's being stalked.

I don't normally read YA books, but I was really impressed with this. I was drawn in from page one, rooting for Mina t
Tiekun
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

The story is about Mina who is under financial pressure and is given an opportunity to pay off her mother's gambling debt in the form of being maid/bodyguard/fake girlfriend to the wealthy Jaiden; or else she will lose her beloved late father's house. The summer's going to get hot because there is a stalker out there to get Jaiden.

It was a good, original book with an interesting, albeit far-fetched story, although sometimes they should be like that. It was nice seeing an Asian heroine, which you
Selina Lu
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book, I finish it in a day. When I started this book, I wasn't thinking is going to be that good, but once I started I can't put it down. I am happy I came across this book. An ugly duckling becoming a swam =D
Laura Reading
Feb 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Laura by: free copy
Besides errors with the page function in the ebook version (it kept throwing me backward when I really wished the story to be done with) and all the poor language usage, poor structure, language and just made up words, the plot had so many wholes that it really was not even a pleasure to read.
Chelsea Morin
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Maid for Me ... was the greatest romance book I read so far
Ashley
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this is one of the books that made me obsessed with reading.
Jill
Dec 03, 2011 rated it liked it
This was free book via amazon for my kindle.. For a free book it was a fun good read..
Punnya Dayanand
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Filled with hilarious dialogue, suspense, sparkling wit and imagination, a romance novel packed with action and humor!
Linda
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
I got this as an amazon download. While the idea for the story is really a good one, the manner of writing and stating facts is somewhat odd. At the very least, this story could use a good editing to fix the myriad of grammatical errors. It appears to have been self-published. It was also rather tiring to frequently hear how fat and unattractive Mina Lin, the main character, is. The story: Mina Lin's gambling mother owes 50 grand in loans and decides to sell their dilapidated house. Through a co ...more
Jessica Garcia
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Maid-sama Fans
Recommended to Jessica by: Amazon
Shelves: favorites, kin
This book is fast paced and a light read. If you can get over that then this is a good book in all. Yes there are some grammatical errors but I don't care. I'm a big anime fan of the same area and this is a book that was meant for me. I have already started to recommend it to friends.

This story is about a girl who has to put aside her current heartbreak in order to save her fathers home. She is stubborn and strong, which is what I admired about Mina. She created her own version of self defense
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
Mina is a determined girl who is willing to do anything to keep her beloved fathers house from being sold. So, desperate infact that she agrees to be Jaiden's maid and pretend girlfriend.

Jaiden Daniels, the of the billionaire Jameson Daniels-he's basically your uptown prince charming. The relationship between the two started of as master and servant , but they get to know each other and a rapport builds up, sparks fly..

--------
The story is very face paced, a lot can happen in a single chapter.
Jolene
This was fun in the same way a bad SyFy channel movie is fun. Unfortunately it wasn't entertaining enough to actually finish. The story was just too way out there. On top of that, poor formatting caused a lot of confusion. The story is told from alternating POVs. However, there are no sections breaks between the alternating POVs. One paragraph your in Mina's head and the next your in Jaiden's. There were several times I had to go back a reread entire pages just to figure out who I was with.

DNF a
Dominique
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
I don't think I should be rating the published copy since the one I read is in FictionPress. Nevertheless, OH DID I LOVE THIS. I read it when I was in the 4th Grade and it made my pure kiddie self so hopeful for love (dear past self, you will by the way grow up cynical as hell). I've just reread it today and it still gives my heart warm fuzzy feelings even though it was:

a.) cliche
b.) the character names could have been better

4 stars because the ending made me angry I don't even know. I loved Kat
Ana Perkins
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book interest me because the cover sets off so many alarms saying do not read this. When I finally did read it instantly became one of my favorite book series. The plot is good though I could never see it actually happen in real life but that's just a nit pick. The characters are great and I like how they interact with each other. The ending made me a little sad but I loved the final conflict and I understand why the girl did what she did. over all this was a great book and I suggest it mos ...more
Madi
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
I didn't think this was the worst book I've ever read by far, but I definitely think it could have been better. There were a lot of times the POV changed without any warning and sometimes in a pivotal scene. The closer the book got to the end, the more ridiculous it became. I think it was a cute read for someone's debut self published novel and very lighthearted. If you take this book too seriously, you'll probably be very disappointed, but I took it as a fun, lighthearted read and I walked away ...more
Shin
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
it wasn't bad nor great but I have to admit it. I hated some part where they kept calling each other pooki mooki bun bun Jin jin hen hen min min shin shin. okay the last three wasn't in the book but I can't help myself once I start.
Anyway as I said it wasn't that great absolutely didn't make it to my favorite books list. however I still gonna read part two hopefully it well be more edible than this one.
Kristen
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book! It was an adventure mixed with horror. It kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end. And the end is just the beginning. My favorite part is when the author first introduced us to the mom. She and Mina seem to switch spots. Mina's the mom, and the mom is, well, the teenager. I think it's kind of funny! I suggest this to anyone who is looking for a good scare, but that's coming from me. I get scared easily. So if I were you, I would read it and find out!
A
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
the beginning sucked me in then about 1/3 in spat me back out this book was disappointing under developed cliched eye rolling worthy and if it wasn't on my kindle would thrown under my bed. I wasn't expecting literary genius but still. some parts were good however some parts felt like they didn't quite fit in with the book and although character development was attempted the author did Not put enough detail and pretty much left the book quite dry.
1 1/2*'s
almost worth the money make it 49p
Amancay
I'll admit I was immediately drawn in... and then soon after, quite disappointed...
with fun, not to mention a wild variety of, characters... I really felt like the story was more skimmed over, as opposed to actually developed. But maybe that's what youth expect these days?

This was definitely a "light" read, flew through it... although there were times that I was hoping it would fly more than it did.
Kendra
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was OK. Cute love story, interesting plot, writing...ok. I started reading the second one before I read this one (didn't know there were two), so I'm part-way through #2, and already I feel it's better than the first. The writing isn't as bad as everyone says, compared to other books I've read, it's downright genius. Would be perfect for a tween girl who's into the subject matter.
May
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG, SO LOVELY! Mina and Jaiden are such a cute couple! Perfect for each other :) Also, this book is not only a romantic teen story, but it has the perfect amount of drama, comedy, and even a great mystery plot. This is such a perfect book for all ages to read! Love, love, loved it!
Adriana
Aug 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Lovely story, chick lit style, rather badly written, lot of weird and short sentences that could have been better written, it was a fast paced story. Made me curios for the next book - Maid for Me too.
Christy
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
I read this on my kindle and it seemed more like a very rough draft than a final novel. The storyline was ok, but the grammar was atrocious! There should have been MUCH more editing done before this was released.
Hollie
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Was not really expecting to like this book as it was one that my daughter had downloaded onto my kindle for her to read. At the start I thought I was right about not liking it but I persevered and really enjoyed it other than frustration at Mona at the end.
Crazy for Young A...: Free YA Romance: Maid for Me, Kindle e-book 1 10 Jan 23, 2014 07:01AM
Addicted to YA: Free YA Romance: Maid for Me, kindle e-book 1 14 Jan 23, 2014 06:45AM

• My Fake Fiancé (story #1 from Wedding Flirts!)
  • The Edge of Forever
  • Summer's Song
  • Whupped
  • Wraith (Hawaiian Shadows, #1)
  • Foxy's Tale (Reluctant Vampire Series, #1)
  • Then Came Love
  • L.A. Rain: Three Novels
  • Strangeville Part 1
  • Pitcher Perfect
  • Mr Right and Other Mongrels
  • Dream Lover
  • Love in the Falls: Sam & Camden (New Beginnings, #3)
  • Rings of Gold
  • The CEO Gets Her Man
  • Amador Lockdown
  • The Breakup
  • Sleeping Beauty WAKES UP!
Kat Lieu was born in Montreal, Canada many moons ago. At present, she is a busy New Yorker with a passion for writing young adult romantic comedies. Since 2009, her novella, Maid for Me, has been an Amazon Kindle category bestseller. Winning Third Place in Seventeen Magazine's Annual Fiction contest in 2006 sparked her love for writing.

Kat received her doctorate in physical therapy in 2008 from SU