Start by marking “Brother Betrayed” as Want to Read:
Brother Betrayed

Brother Betrayed (Flight Moon 0)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A tragic tale of three brothers faced with a dark prophecy.
"One brother will betray the others and change the destiny of Micisa forever...."

Is Syah the one? Will the brothers' loyalty prevail over their foreboding doom?
Published April 16th 2011 by Fantasy Island Book Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Brother Betrayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brother Betrayed

Connie Jasperson
May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved the tale. The struggle between Syah and his brothers is certainly epic. There is a lot of really intense action and great prose. I couldn't put it down!Tad Williams, 'The Dragon Bone Chair'; Danielle Raver, 'Brother, Betrayed'

Brother, Betrayed by indie author Danielle Raver was a real pleasure to read! Raver has created a very real world, called Miscia. The three brothers, Oman, Fasime and Syah are very close and love each other very much, although they each have widely divergent intere
Gary Hoover
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In broad terms, Brother betrayed is a grand, epic fantasy-adventure, and as such it has the sort of travel, adventure, swordplay, knights, kingdoms and battles that would be expected of such a work.

But there's much more to it than that.

It's also the story of three brothers. Each of those brothers have unique personalities and interests and the author defines those differences subtly but masterfully. A glance here a comment there and without any overstatement, the reader gets a feel for these cha
Rachel Tsoumbakos
May 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Let's get started by saying that I LOVED this book!

It is exactly what happens when you take a whole bunch of Arthurian tales along with a large chunk of Tolkien's world, tear them up into little pieces and then stitch them all back together.

At no point in time did I ever question the validity of the world in which I had been placed. It is painted beautifully. The descriptions of both place and person are rich in detail.

Who would I recommend this book to? This book is a work fantasy, so anyone
Douglas Sanburn
Brother, Betrayed is an excellent book that fans of Robert Jordan's writing will become thoroughly engrossed in. The vivid landscape and characters paint a beautiful portrait of a world on the edge of change. The three brother's are unique but, at the same time, familiar. Everyone has known an Oman, Syah and Fasime and watching them on their adventure is like being with friends.

Danielle Raver has a solid command of dialogue and narrative. It takes very little time to be transported away into her
Scott
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cool-indie-books
Just finished reading this book and loved it! The story is wonderful, but the thing that pulled me in and hooked me was the relationship between the brothers. Each brother has a distinct personality, and as you watch them interact you begin to really care about them. Their dialogue is perfect! The writing is also superb, and the book left me hoping that Danielle continues writing more stories in the land of Miscia!
Aunt
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
one of the best books I've read in a long time and I am eager to read whatever sequels or prequels that she writes.
Roxanne Barbour
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blurb:
What would you give to protect your brother? Would you sacrifice all you cherish and desire to save his life?
And what would you do if he betrayed you?
Full of loyalty and courage, vengeance and loss, Brother Betrayed is an engaging tale of brotherhood, set in the fantastical world of Miscia.

This novel has everything that a grand fantasy should offer.
The brothers (princes) are depicted perfectly. Great characterization overall.
The plot was well developed, although I thought the pace could b
Nicky
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Over all this book was pretty good. I really got into it towards the end, and then it does end at a super important epic battle....so now i need to find the second book. Sometimes it felt like the author was just writing to use up some space, but most of the time it was really interesting, and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to ready more from this author.
James Harris
Was looking for a Martin or Salvatore type book with this novel, but it's not as action-oriented.
Idameth Ramos
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a series. This is book one, waiting for the second. Interesting.
Croaker
Feb 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very disappointed. The characters were lifeless caricatures and the world felt pale and lifeless. Beyond the idea, there was nothing to recommend this book. The dialog and combat scenes were poorly done and all the characters seemed like flat stereotypes.
Terri Pray
Couldn't connect with the characters.
Mary
Jun 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
read the first couple chapters, then the last. Just didn't grab my interest enough to read through.
Walt Barna
Mar 19, 2014
Lili
Dec 08, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Last Good Knight (Billy's Revenge #1)
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #1
  • The Blood Gate
  • Wishing Stars: Space Opera Fairytales
  • Black Numbers, Edition One
  • A Real Piece of Work  (Dakota Stevens, #1)
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • The Hero Chronicles: A Complete Collection
  • Dawn of War (Blood War, #1)
  • Eve of Destruction
  • Return of the Legacy (The Portals of Destiny, #1)
  • Emeline and the Mutants
  • Son of Ereubus (Guardians of Legend, #1)
  • Alana Weatherbee (Alana Weatherbee, #1)
  • Freedom Flyers: The Tuskegee Airmen of World War II (Oxford Oral History Series)
  • The Shadowbearer (Aegis of The Gods, #1.5)
  • Gamers (Gamers, #1)

Flight Moon (1 books)
  • Fire Born (Flight Moon #1)
“A grim expression came over Syah’s face. “The colt you speak of lost its mother during a storm. If this stallion was that colt, it is not just wild, it is insane. That horse will break your bones.”

“And that will be a worthy end, a prince struck down by such a noble steed.”

Fasime pushed himself off the support of the fence, but Oman grabbed his arm.

“It’s not worth it, Brother.”

“I can tame him.”

“What will we tell Mother and Father if he kills you?” Oman questioned.

“Tell them I gave my life with pride. Do not punish him if he kills me. Release him back into the wild, and my spirit will ride him into the mist.”
6 likes