Start by marking “The Wildflowers (Wildflowers, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Wildflowers (Wildflowers, #1-4)

The Wildflowers (Wildflowers #1-4)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  2,320 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Four Girls With Dark Secrets To Share - Misty, Star, Jade, and Cat. Now in one volume. ...more
Published June 25th 2011 by Gallery Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Wildflowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wildflowers

Gretchen Lorhammer
As a teenager I loved the dark smut of V. C. Andrews books, but haven't read any since then, until now. Having worked with teenagers in crisis for several years I was surprised how often these girls reminded me of girls I had known. So the book was less entertaining for me and almost clinical - of course the setting fed into that. I might try another quick read series and see how that sits in comparison.
Ren
My favorite story was Star and Cat. The part where Jade went to meet that guy she met online was so intense. And I hated that Guy that Misty went out with, I think his name was Shane.
Asia Davis
This book follows the lives of four teenage girls whose lives have caused them to meet in the office of their psychologist. The girls who have never met before have to find a way to share their personal most inner memories with each other without breaking down further or judging others for their pasts. The first book tells the story of misty, a wealthy pretty blond whose parents sudden divorce began her spiral into mischievous self-harming activities.

I remember sitting in class one day when a
Kim Smiley
One of THE best books by this author. I actually read the four seperate books, Misty, Star, Jade & Cat. All four books are about 150 pages each, this book is a combination of all 4 books in one publication.

To summarize this book, it is about 4 girls who all go into therapy due to the circumstances of their parents splitting up and divorcing. Each girl has quite a different story about how they ended up in therapy.

Misty, who's mother cares about nothing more than looking good and not aging.
Mairead
Hmm ok so a few days ago I added this book to my "to-read" shelf on this site. Next thing I find it I randomly while browsing at my favourite book shop in town. It was reduced to 1 euro so I bought it. I haven't read something so ordinary in a while. By ordinary, I mean a story without a supernatural or fantasy element to it. This omnibus is a collection of 4 different novels, each written in the first person narrative mode. I know we are dealing with troubled teenagers here who hate their paren ...more
Phoebe Cook
The Wildflowers is a great series! It is a page turner. There is some things that some younger readers might not understand. Four girls are forced to talk to a psychologist named Dr. Marlowe. Dr. Marlowe seems very understanding and helps out the four girls with their own problems. None of the girls want to talk but decide talking will help throw the baggage off their backs. The girls call themselves OWP's(Orphans with Parents). You will hear each of the four girls' stories and hear how they got ...more
Anne Marie
Each book in this series was about a girl whose parents have gone through a divorce, among other things, and need to go see a therapist, Dr. Marlowe. The four of them each tell their own private stories in a group therapy session. Their stories are shocking yet predictable, ranging from running away with a boyfriend, finding someone they met online, and a deranged adoptive father. I can't wait to read the next book when they will come together again.
Reuben Barra
I got bored reading this series. I don't know, maybe because of the therapy session the characters had. I am not use to the scene where they just have to narrate everything (especially the past) in one sitting. But somehow, I managed to finish this book in a month (yeah, a month, that is how slow I read). What can I do, I have the whole series in one book!
Ren
Jan 11, 2010 Ren rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tteens whose parents are going through divorce, teenage girls.
Recommended to Ren by: My mother.
This was the first V.C. Andrew series that I had read. I flew through all four of the books in two days, or less. I'm not quite sure on the time. I remember finding it very strange that someone would write the point of view of four different characters about one event. It did make the story that much more personal, and the characters so much more relatable and realistic to the reader. It was a simple read, unchallenging but some of the things that took place in this Omnibus honestly astonished m ...more
Nico
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
J.N.
These books are about 4 girls in group therapy due to traumatic events surrounding the divorce of their parents. Each one has a touching yet different story concerning on the effect the divorce had on them--the girls are in high school so it affects them more than it would someone whose parents divorced at a younger age (my parents divorced when I was 2). The girls develop a bond through their hardships and manage to touch one another through what they've been through. 4 separate books were put ...more
Brittany
I really enjoyed this four-book-series. My favourite stories though were Star's and Jade's. When I read theirs I had a hard time putting the book down. Stars story was so sad and she went through alot with her dead beat dad and drunk of a mother. She also had her boyfriend murdered on her. It is very interesting to read these stories as there are many children in the world that have divorced parents. I think its a great read for anyone in the world that is going through a hard time or for anyone ...more
Selin Zorlu
Excellent book. it should be read
Erin H
This book was very enjoyable because of the variety of family problems each girl brought to therapy. Some of the stories were a bit intense to read about but mostly because that really happens to people. I liked the idea that each character was very different so you never really know what is going to be said in their respective sessions. I especially liked the bond that is formed at the end because it seemed that these girls could really have a great friendship.
It is what it is--smutty guilty reading. I read the four separate books after finding them for $2.00 total at a local used book store. Honestly, I didn't hate them but it's not like I was expecting great literature. For a beach read or something a bit more substantive than a celebrity gossip magazine, this series is not bad.
Maria Ruiz
A very touching and relate-able book. I enjoyed reading it very much! Despite the fact that it took a while because I found it was pretty slow at times. I was also hoping for a "tie-up" in this book (all 4 stories) or some sort of summ-up. It kind of just ended, and left me hanging .
Cassandra Javier
This was a bit old, but it was great and I really like interlacing stories so this worked well for me. It was mysterious and sad and shattering but beautiful all the same. And I just figured out that there's actually a part 2 so excited to read that one :)
Kelsey
I hate ghost writers. And you can definitely tell that this wasn't written by the originial V.C. Andrews. All of the books written by her ghost writer are pretty terrible. You can't just throw some incest in a book to make it "V.C. Andrews".
Anthea
This is one of my favorite V.C. Andrews' books. I love how she tells each girls' stories separably and then intertwines them together through the therapy sessions. It didn't get five stars because I always find my sad when I finish her books.
Dec 29, 2007 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
I Really loved this book, especially coming from what they call a "broken home". It felt nice to read a book about girls who experienced some of the same things i went through, and were able to discuss it openly with people they don't even know!
Nicole Mathias
Christina

While I love VC Andrews I felt the characters in this book behaved much younger than their ages. Over all still a good book.
Kylie Smudge_Me Hard
I love all the characters in this book, so many twists and turns you just get hooked it's a definate must read
Bekah Chance-Revels
does every v.c. andrew's book have to have incest? I think she is trying to tell us something about her family...
GlowingFalkor
Awful. Bad writing, bad lay out, bad jokes, bad everything. 16 years old girls do NOT talk like that. Hated this book.
Wendy Price
This book was okay. It was all very sad and depressing...and scared the crap out of me as a divorced parent.
Madiha
Sep 08, 2012 Madiha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My sisters, Ms. Sobeya
this book resembles my life so much....
p.s. Ms. Sobeya, this book is coming your way soon =)
Lisa
a typical v.c Andrews book not too full of surprises but it was interesting.
Victoria
they were hard to put down... V.C. Andrews books are always like that lol :)
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • Ghost House
  • Doomsday Diaries: The Complete Series
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • Snow Angel: 8
  • Journey's End
  • Deadlocked 3 (Deadlocked, #3)
  • Crone's Book of Magical Words
  • Annabelle
  • Fabled Lands (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Second Skin (Nicholas Linnear, #6)
  • Charity Rising (Charity, #2)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

Wildflowers (5 books)
  • Misty (Wildflowers, #1)
  • Star (Wildflowers, #2)
  • Jade (Wildflowers, #3)
  • Cat (Wildflowers, #4)
  • Into the Garden (Wildflowers, #5)
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #5)