Start by marking “Justice, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Justice, Volume 3

Justice, Volume 3

(Justice #3 of 3)

In Pursuit of Justice

The World's Greatest Super-Heroes are about to face the deadliest alliance of super-villains the world has ever seen. It's the ultimate face-off of good vs. evil in a battle for the fate of the planet. And in order for the members of the fabled Justice League of America to have a chance of defeating their adversaries, they must make a radical change in

Published October 10th 2007 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Justice, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice, Volume 3

Start your review of Justice, Volume 3
Sesana
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Well... It looks great. But the ending was choppy, rushed, convoluted, and forced by necessity to push a reset button on the whole thing to the point where it doesn't even matter if this is in continuity or not. Disappointing, but pretty.
Garrett price
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
An ok conclusion to an ok series
James DeSantis
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Justice has been a surprise hit for me but does it finish strong?

This is it. The villains are out in full force, but so are the heroes. After the build up of all the heroes getting their asses handed to them it's their turn to fight back. Huge world battles all around. Multiple heroes facing off against multiple villains. It's almost as if the writer and artist had all these toys and started placing them in a bin and playing with them with pows and kicks and so on.

Good: There's some great mome
Scott
This review is for the entire Justice Maxi-Series

As it went along I became aware that justice was nothing short of a big, stinky turd, which may be a bit crass, but seems the only phrase befitting it. What promised to be a superhero epic that examined true heroism and villainy continually became more and more predictable and disappointing. The writing was often times cheesy and/or muddy, leaving me scratching my head as to what was going on or laughing at the utter stupidity of what I did unders
Justyn Rampa
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I don't really have much to add to this particular volume's review other than a re-iteration of some previous thoughts. Ultimately, the series as whole (this being the final volume) did not live up to the promise and potential of the first volume for me.

It was a series set to explore villainy and heroism by asking some really interesting questions and presenting some challenging situations. I feel like we did not really explore the most unique aspect of this story nearly enough as the series be
Susan
It's kind of clever the way the plan came together at the end, although I feel like this was more a series of cool moments than a unified story. I am going to have to single out Captain Marvel crushing Kryptonite in his fist so Superman doesn't have to be afraid of it ever again. That isn't going to work. It can still hurt him even if it's in little bitty pieces and now it's harder to clean up. Wisdom of Solomon my ass.
Julio Bonilla
The cover made me think the heroes are ready for payback!!!
Owais
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhero-comics
The only way to describe the conclusion to this story is to call it spectacular.
Michael
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: loeg-archives
Overall, gotta admit that I enjoyed this story a little more than expected. Parts of it didn't entirely work for me - the ease with which Brainiac's turning humans into robotic life was undone, the literal deus ex machina of Wonder Woman being reborn, anything with Zatanna (sorry - I can't get past the lameness of talking backwards to cast spells, or the anything-goes-except-what-the-writer-doesn't-want aspect of her powers - she can chase Brainiac anywhere, but couldn't say "NamauqA, raeppa" wh ...more
Will Brown
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Justice gives a lot of B & C-list characters moments to shine, but the story itself left something to be desired. What if every supervillain teamed up? What if they knew everyone's secret identities? What if super villains actually DID decide to help solve all the worlds problems instead acting selfishly? And why havent the Justice League tried to do anything on that scale? The book asks a lot of questions and creates some interesting scenarios that arent fully explored the way I would have like ...more
Brent
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of these fine creators and DC superhero comics
Recommended to Brent by: these fine creators
Shelves: superhero, fiction, comics
Wow, the art by Braithwaite and Ross.
So, that's where Legion of Doom from current Justice League stories comes from: 1970s Super Friends, per Alex Ross' essay in Introduction here.
This is about the best pre-Crisis JLA I could imagine, though. I love that both Plastic Man and Elongated Man are featured, with some small friction. You even get Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, Marvel Family, and Supergirl in this volume.
I am a fan of Braithwaite's appealing pencil art. Have we got Alex Ross scheduled for
Sean
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: DC Completists, Art fans
The last third of the Justice maxi-series by Alex Ross, Jim Krueger, and others concludes here and I'm underwhelmed. While the new looks created here all look amazing, their point and the plot itself is nonsense. The plot holes here are too many to overlook. Some of the ideas are great but the final execution is lacking. Of course the art is good as expected but stiff at times. Overall, an unfortunate ending.
Nathan Bissett
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally, the villains plan is discovered by the JLA and it's time to take the fight to the Legion of Doom members controlled by Braniac.

A nonstop thrill ride of a final act. The writing is incredibly tight and the spectacular art helps speed along the story. If you're a fan of big scale stories and all the best villains in the DCU, JUSTICE is for you!
Joseph
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Now this was good and I think better than the past two volumes, especially the first one that I wasn't a huge fan. The story was good and the art was good. This brought the conclusion for the League going against their enemies and Brainic, who was the leader (don't tell that to Lex).
Ανδρέας Μιχαηλίδης
Reread it after many years, expecting to be disappointed. In truth, the opening twist is quite good, even though the reveal and resolution are patently superhero-silly.

Beautiful art throughout, though.
Phil Deschler
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Justice League wins.
John Gentry
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, art
It's a solid example of a Justice League story. Great scifi elements and always beautiful Alex Ross artwork.
B. Rule
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was a disappointing end to the arc that started very strongly. As all stories like this must, this conclusion to the "Super Friends"-esque story centers largely on the big, all-hands-on-deck battle where the heroes right the wrongs and return things to the status quo. Unfortunately, that means tons of splash pages and big battle scenes, which are my least favorite parts of comics. Despite providing nice opportunities for the artists to strut their stuff, those parts are largely boring becau ...more
Gavin
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
As with many trilogies, the third volume brought me the most enjoyment. Once they've all figured out what is going on, the JLA (the gigantic full roster) kicks into action with a plan from, who else, Batman. The art is again phenomenal, and the story is great too, featuring heroic actions from even those who don't get that much mainstream attention, and a masterplan from the evil forces (led by Brainiac and Luthor, but even they aren't quite getting along...) that keeps us guessing and on heels ...more
Blair Conrad
Oct 27, 2009 rated it liked it
I've no interest in writing blurbs about each of the three books in the series, so this'll have to do for the bunch.

Not bad. The art (which people tend to rave about) was pretty, although I noticed that some characters looked exactly the same, except for the colour of their costumes (Superman and Captain Marvel come to mind). Of course, maybe that's intentional, but when you're "shooting" someone from the face up, it doesn't help the reader very much.

The premise was very interesting, and formed
Matt Shaqfan
not a DC fan but this series was pretty good. all the villians wake up one day from a dream where the super-heroes aren't able to save the world---everyone dies. the villians, with brainiac and lex luthor in charge i guess, all ban together to create a new world(s)and new sings of hope--- by supposidly curing the sick, eliminating genetic imperfections, removing all 'crime', creating these utopian cities, etc... i don't know how to describe this i guess. the bad guys make themselves look like go ...more
Ubalstecha
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
The battle concludes in this third and final volume of the mini-series. The villains have succeed in taking over the world. Their plan to relocated humanity to spheres is well underway. Meanwhile, the Justice League calls in some allies to help them defeat the rogue's gallery. And the solution found to combat Brainiac's nanobots is unique. Meanwhile, they have to figure out how to free the heroes' loved ones who are not only being held hostage, but have somehow been turned against the Justice Le ...more
Caro
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Woo Hoo! That was fun and supremely awesome. Heart stopping, breath stealing, adrenaline pumping, emotionally involved, stomach knotting, action packed, and finger gripping til the end. A great ending to a great 'maxiseries'. I would definitely say this would be something worth shelf space. Just to read again. It's like a classic action movie that wouldn't get old. There were even more twists and Joker was perfectly himself in this. Definitely brought out the humor. :) This had me gripped and wo ...more
Joseph
Alex Ross' art is so stately and beautiful, that while his stories can leave you a little cold, you're willing to forgive him. I guess it's fitting then, that Justice wraps up its story by wrapping up its heroes in metal suits. I enjoyed some of the switcheroos he pulled at the end, but with such a huge cast of characters, it just kind of turns into a mish-mash. The good guys fight the bad guys and I just don't care all that much.
Deborah Ideiosepius
Mar 08, 2011 rated it liked it
This review is for all three.
The premise was good and the core concept is consistent with the current trend for anti-heroes. I think the trilogy failed to completely deliver on the promise though and I found the classic Marvel ending anticlimactic. I am rateing the series high because the story is more sophisticated than a lot of the original JLA were, the artwork is great and at times even stunning and it made me want to go back a re-visit some of the original stories.
Adam Fisher
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Volume 3 ends as many crossover or multi-character books end: giant, beat 'em up, all out war.... where the heroes win. All in all, that isn't a bad thing. BUT, when you start the first volume with a strong philosophical concept like this story did.... why did it have to go to mindless fighting?
Overall, good book. I wish they had stuck to a deeper story throughout it all, and..... why don't the metal men enhance their costumes all the time? Those looked amazing!
Mike
May 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed-series
Absolutely amazing art... great story-telling! There are a few gaps in the narrative, and I have trouble tracking the interlocking sub-plots, especially as the purpose for some of the scenes are set-up for later twists, schemes and reveals. But that was also part of the fun -- how WILL our HEROES survive?
Travis
Jan 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
The art in the three Justice volumes by Alex Ross is better than any I have ever seen in a comic. Each page is practically a masterpiece. The story isn't the best I've ever read, but it keeps the reader turning the page. Besides this comic is more about the visuals anyway.
logankstewart
Volume 3 of Justice ended the series. I felt that things wrapped up too quickly, too nicely, for anything substantial to have happened. Volume 1 offered so much potential, but the conclusion was less than satisfactory and very predictable.

The art, still, is amazing.
Spencer Koch
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Pretty good, but not as compelling an ending as I was hoping. The guide in the back of the book is good for people who do not know all of the justice league characters. Wlll probably pick another book off the best graphic novel list for my next.

• DC: The New Frontier, Volume 1
  • Villains United

Justice (5 books)
  • Justice, Volume 1
  • Justice, Volume 2
  • Amerykańska Liga Sprawiedliwości - JLA: Sprawiedliwość, część 1 (Wielka Kolekcja Komiksów DC Comics, #20)
  • JLA: Justicia, Parte 2 (DC Comics: Colección Novelas Gráficas, #49)

News & Interviews