Start by marking “Horse Pie” as Want to Read:
Horse Pie

Horse Pie

Captain, Ladybird and Herbert - two Shire horses and a Suffolk Punch - are not pleased when Jenny, a retired seaside donkey, arrives at the Old Horses' Home. It's supposed to be a home for horses, and they don't want to share their field with a common little donkey.

Then rustlers are spotted in the area: thieves who like nothing better than to steal horses and ship them abr
Published July 1st 1994 by Young Corgi

To ask other readers questions about Horse Pie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horse Pie

Derelict Space Sheep
42 WORD REVIEW:

Dick King-Smith knew his animals and knew how to write for children, crafting a gentle middle grade story of an old donkey whose morals save the day. Andrew Sachs pitches his reading nicely, bringing distinct personality to horses, donkey and humans alike.
Sean Harding
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Donkey shows up arrogant horses in this short tale by DKS, and another animal story it is from the animal author master himself.This is book five I have read of DKS all featuring animals to some degree and this is another entertaining read. Go the donkey!!
Rea
I had this book / audiobook duo as a child. I'm pretty sure I'll have read the book at one point or another, but I know for sure that I used to listen to the audio version over and over... and over.

Horse Pie was one of my favourite cassettes to put on when it was bedtime, listen to the story while drifting off to sleep.
Shadowstriker
This is a nice, relaxing little book, perfect for Sunday afternoons and suchlike. A quaint farmland story and quite funny in all the right places.

I quite liked the illustrations (by Valerie Littlewood) as well.
Georgina Willetts
A FUNNY STORY ABOUT THREE HORSES AND A DONKEY.
Sammy
This is one of my absolute favourite children's books. I loved reading this and so did the rest of my year 3 class at the time I remember. Dick King-Smith is a superb children's book writer.
Nigham
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: childish, owned-books
A donkey rescues and saves three horses...! XD
Angaraizooo... baychary ghooron(horses) ko tou baksh do! :p
Sep 11, 2012
Aug 01, 2015
Loz
rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2011
Dick King-Smith was born and raised in Gloucestershire, England, surrounded by pet animals. After twenty years as a farmer, he turned to teaching and then to writing children's books.

Dick writes mostly about animals: farmyard fantasy, as he likes to call it, often about pigs, his special favorites. He enjoys writing for children, meeting the children who read his books, and knowing that they get