Start by marking “Just Friends” as Want to Read:
Just Friends

Natasha5

Just Friends

(Just Friends)

Friday and Adrian are friends. Friends who joke a little too personally, sit a little too closely, hug for a little too long, stare a little too intimitely, touch a little too often and care a little too much. Right. Just friends.
Online, 180 pages
Published May 11th 2006 by Online fic

To ask other readers questions about Just Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Friends

Lauraadriana
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lauraadriana by: Valentina Heart
There are stories that I start to read and something in them just connects with me, and I know that I will love them...This short story starts and ends every chapter with a verse of a Bob Marley song...How could I not love it?

Adrian is best friends with Friday. They've been best friends forever, they love each other and are ALWAYS together, but just as friends. Adrian is a regular kid, good looking, smart, artsy and has enough friends. Friday is this beautiful Jamaican/Italian hippie boy who hat
Mel
Recommended to Mel by: Lauraadriana
Adrian and Friday have been best friends for over half their lives. They met when they were eight and have been inseparable ever since. Adrian spends most of his days -and almost all of his nights- at Friday's. Friday's mother is more of a mother to him than his perpetually surly stepmom and Friday's father is more of a father to him than his always aloof dad. But Friday is not like a brother to him. Oh no, no way! Adrian doesn't love his own brother as much. And he doesn't hug his own brother a ...more
Snowtulip
Apr 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is a great coming of age story. Friday is such a wonderful, gentle soul that it really hurt to see him put through so much pain. The trials and tribulations of understanding your adolescent feelings and confusion are truly captured in this story. Great read!
Camille Adams
Oct 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m-rom-erotica, free
Adrian is weak. The token girlfriend relationship is not a relationship at all, in that Adrian and Alexa's dating and feelings are instant, awkward and poorly constructed. The Jamaican dialect is stupidly and wrongly written (I am Trinidadian). There are too many errors and the story is all over the place.

It is written to trope (evil stepmother, evil girlfriend, good sibling, heterosexual relationships not all they're cracked up to be) and is thus an unenjoyable read. This work is transparent a
Valentina Heart
Apr 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: glbt
God, this was beautiful.

Adrian is a bit of an idiot and Alexa a bitch but, God, this was beautiful!
Karyn
You need to read this.
This was a very sweet read about two childhood friends, Adrian and Friday, who love each other and are always together. They're just friends, real close friends.
This is a coming of age story where Adrian discovers his feelings for Friday.

I loved Friday with his pacifist ways and big curls and flowers in his hair. What I liked best was I didn’t have to dislike one character to root for the others. This is written well enough that you can see things from all the 3 main chara
Charmed
Oct 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
Wow, I hated Adrian so much i could not finish this story. I didn't know i had a self dilusion limit, but this story hit it and hard. I know teenagers are selfish and self absorbed but were we the readers supposed to LIKE Adrian and want him to get together with Friday? Are we supposed to think he in some way deserves to be with friday? Is there some redeeming quality about him we are supposed to see? maybe i didn't read far enough to find it but if i was supposed to have connected to the charac ...more
Chrys
Friday is an unforgettable character that pulls at your heartstrings. I loved this gay for you story and wish I could find more like it. Thanks Val for recommending it!

Friday!

description
Leah
Recommends it for: Sam *Black Velvet*
Just Friends is the story of Adrian and Friday. Friday has been in love with Adrian for years, but Adrian seems to be the only person who hasn't noticed. When Adrian starts dating Alexa, he continually hurts Friday and refuses to acknowledge the fact that Friday might feel something for him. Finally, it is out that Friday is in love with him and Adrian, well, Adrian freaks out. He thinks it's wrong and weird and won't accept the fact that he has similar feelings for Friday. After a few skirmishe ...more
Sylvia
May 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I thought I would like this story but there are some things that bothered me. I love Bob Marley but the lyrics at the beginning and end of every chapter pulled me out of the story, that and the chapters were to short for my taste.

In the first chapter I thought Adrian was feeling more for Friday then just friendship and that he worried about Friday not feeling the same. The rest of the book was about Adrian not wanting to see how Friday really felt and denying his own feelings.

I loved Friday and
Angelica
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a story about friendship and a confused teen finding his identity. I was not impressed with the cliched characters, and Adrian really grated my nerves because he was too dense even for a teenager, but I was interested enough to see where it would end and it didn't disappoint.
Tamara
Excellent story. Got frustrated with Adrian a LOT, but he was so sweet at the end.
Just found a pic that reminded me of the beginning of the story.
Chris
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, free, online, ebook, 2012, romance, done
Very good m/m romance about two high school seniors who have been best friends since they were small. Now love professed but not returned and a girlfriend are coming between them...
Siina
Oct 16, 2012 rated it liked it
This story was really cute, that I must say. I really liked Adrian and Friday as well as the fact that everything was complicatedly simple. Natasha5 made her characters interesting and wonderfully odd! Friday was a nice exception to the generic pretty boys and Adrian was a cute simpleton.

The only thing that bothered me a bit was that Adrian seemed chick-like in his way of thinking. The same thing goes with him being somewhat a simpleton. A very girl way of seeing and doing things - was it intend
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Shelves: ebooks
This was an amazing story. I just loved Adrian and Friday, especially Friday, though Adrian was a bit of a frustrating character with taking so much time to realise what his true feelings were. I hated Alexa and what she did to Friday, manipulative, jealous girl, couldn't handle Adrian and Friday's connection. A wonderfully written story, a great read.
Bitchie
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
It was a really cute story of two friends who become more than friends. Adrian frustrated me a bit because it took him so long to figure out he was in love with Friday. Friday was just adorable, sweet, funny, just, love. I give this one 4 stars, and want more, is there more about these two?
This story made me cry it was so sweet! Friday is the ultimate man of my dreams...
Kaylee Shyanne
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-reads
Raevyn
Nov 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Just Friends is a sweet story about a couple of boys finding their way... well, actually it is about Adrian finding his way because Friday already knew what he wanted. There are quite a few reviews about how Adrian is an ass and he didn't deserve Friday, but he is only 17 and he is confused. Yes, he hurts Friday, but I never saw it as intentional and in the end he realizes it. He is young and knows that he loves Friday but doesn't make the connection to romantic love right away. Both Adrian and ...more
L-D
I enjoyed this book. I really loved the friendship between Friday and Adrian and how touchy-feely and emotional they are with each other. The fact that they are so comfortable physically is really wonderful. I can understand Adrian's utter confusion. He basically doesn't know which end is up. I was a little frustrated that it took him so long to see what was in front of all of our faces but let's be serious, he's just a dumb kid. You can't fault him for that. This was a good free read and I woul ...more
Èmina
Aug 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
A simple and beautiful story and I can't believe the author was only 15 when she wrote it.
Her Friday character seemed so well put together and one can not help but fall in love with him.
Actually all the characters were well created and seemed so real.
There have been so many times when I read a book with more then 500 pages and end up feeling like the characters are so fake and just out right flat despite all the effort and space they got in the book unlike this short little story, and it only p
Gabriela Araujo
Two stars for Friday, he's cute.

Adrian was a stupid jerk and don't even get me started on Alexa, I want to slap that girl.
This book pissed me off because the relationship between Adrian and Friday had such potential, and it was handled pretty badly.

Also, Adrian had tried to kill himself once, I mean, this was thrown out there just to make us pity him and worry but what about the development of it?

God, I'm mad.
Sandra
This story was a quick read, but lots was conveyed in few words. Adrian is a typical teenage boy, confused, unsure, afraid. The author did a terrific job of capturing that kind of voice.

Sweet love story, with a good amount of angst. Nicely done.
Kimberly
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Super sweet!
Kristen
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute, but the drama was really frustrating. I also had a hard time wrapping my head around Friday's character.
Jess
Dec 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story full of angst and emotions.
Dena
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Blue Bayou .
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wow I really liked this story. Very YA, I usually go for more mature reading (love the smut) but this story was written well and I enjoyed the characters. I think a really solid story.
  • The Introspective Debate of Owen Brody
  • Underlying
  • The Ordinary Us
  • Balancing Karma
  • It's Like This
  • Shades of Gray (Shades Of Gray, #1)
  • Second Wind
  • The Seahorse (The Seahorse, #1)
  • Just Hit Send
  • Iron Butterfly
  • It Started with Brian
  • The Side Effects of Forgetting (Forgetting, #1)
  • Simon and Sir