Start by marking “The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)

The Isis Collar

(Blood Singer #4)

Celia Graves was once an ordinary human, but those days are long gone. Now she strives to maintain her sanity and her soul while juggling both vampire abilities and the powers of a Siren.

Warned of a magical “bomb” at a local elementary school, Celia forces an evacuation. Oddly, the explosion seems to have no effect, puzzling both Celia and the FBI. Two weeks later, a
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 381 pages
Published March 13th 2012 by Tor

To ask other readers questions about The Isis Collar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Isis Collar

Start your review of The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I have an ear infection right now and I just can't care enough to expend oodles of energy on a review, so this is going to be quick and lackluster.

These books are good, but not great and I almost instantly forget the whole thing when I'm done reading. I'm having to really try to remember what this book was about and I finished it a few hours ago. Sure, I remember the big bad and ending, but I'm kind of hazy on the rest. All the books are like this after the first and second. I remember the
Whitley Birks
Feb 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: almost-good
I read an ARC copy of this book obtained through First Reads.

While I really disliked this book, I can at least recognize that most of what bothered me is a matter of personal opinion. Style choices and plot points that, while I hated them, others would probably like. If you read through my review and think "Why is she whining about that? It sounds fine," then you'd probably like the book. I cannot, in good conscience, call it a bad book, because it's not. But it's not good, either.

First of all,
Raquel
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Awesome book once again! I just wish Bruno would disappear D:
Nafiza
Apr 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012
Before I go on to the review proper, let me just say that this novel has one of the worst covers I have ever had the misfortune to lay my eyes on. Her costume, her pose and the colours – they are all so tacky and such a far cry from the classy covers of the last three or so volumes that I wonder what major changes occurred in the Arts department to cause such a disparity in the continuity of the cover art. I’d replace the current art director with a new one. Or bring the old one back because ...more
Ferdy
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Some spoilers

Half vampire-half siren Celia Graves is instructed to evacuate the local school by her clairvoyent friend Dottie. On arriving at the school, Celia finds a magical bomb and rushes to save the kids and stop the bomb. Celia narrowly escapes with her life but is shocked that her bruises aren't healing as they should, that she has a headache that won't go away and that she's lost some memories. Celia becomes more and more ill, and she soon realises that's she's not the only one. The
A
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Waaaaay to long way way to long!!
I hope theres two in 2012
So...you know i was wondering ...may i get an ARC??

AAAAH its here!!!
Not enough romance, felt a little rushed tooo. Whats happening!!
Dianne
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Isis Collar- by – Cat Adams

Holy Moly---I have been following this fantastic series since the start and these books just keep getting better and more exciting with every new addition. Leave it to these women to come up with a heck of a combination of plots to keep us enthralled! Hey! Could they be weaving some kind of magic spell into the book?
Well no matter how they do it, this one was a doozy! This book opens with Celia storming up the steps of a school to be in time to rescue all the children
Leah Bosward
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The isis collar is an amazing book. One of my favourite series I wish creede was in them more though ...more
Kathy Davie
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, urban
Fourth in the Blood Singer urban fantasy series revolving around Celia Graves, a bodyguard-turned-vampire in Los Angeles.

My Take
Eeek, this one was filled with drama and tension with all the worry about the children and the creeping necrosis as well as many of the cops whom Celia used to go drinking with who want her dead and they keep doing their best to trip her up. Adams created a tricky story here. Hard-to-find clues that just didn't add up until Adams pulled it all together at the end.

It
Liv
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been slacking off with my review writing. I read this book almost 2 weeks ago and I’m finally sitting down now to write my thoughts on it. I feel as though I have already forgotten some stuff about it.

Damn. I shouldn’t do this anymore!!! Focus, focus!!

All right, where should I start?

Overall speaking, the Blood Singer series as well as its female protagonist, Celia, have been growing on me. I would openly admit that I didn’t care much for the first instalment. However, I was glad that I
Cathy
2.5 stars. This book is really just more of the same. I still like Celia quite a bit. And for the first half of the book I had my hopes up that the authors had improved their writing a bit, because I hadn't rolled my eyes at all at any silly coincidences like I was so irritated by during the first three books. But it was all downhill from there.

Rizzoli's gift being intuition smacks of lazy storytelling to me, not a cute plot idea. It's too much like Dottie's clairvoyance. Both end up being
Bookmom
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The only thing that saves Celia Graves from the same fate as others after a couple of magical bombs go off at a school she’s trying to evacuate is the fact that she’s got super healing from both her vampire and siren DNA. And that’s only enough to slow the necro-disease down. There’s a race against time to figure out what and how in time to prevent a full-out pandemic as more of these bombs go off around the country.

There’s plenty of action, magic and some sexual tension in this fourth book
Kai
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
The Isis Collar started with two magical bombs going off at an elementary school. Celia Graves got caught trying to evacuate the school unsuccessfully. With her being half-siren and half-vampire, Celia noticed that her body was not healing as it should. As she dug deeper to find out why her bruise on her leg and her headache wouldn't go away, Celia found that there were a lot going on with the bomb incident. She discovered that the bomb left some kind of magical plaque that were turning children ...more
Connie Garcia
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to get this book in the mail since the author had sent me a signed cover of the book before it even came out. Sorry if this is not real good since my previous review was eated by the computer.

I really loved Celia and I am a big fan of her and Bruno. Celia is the kick ass now and ask questions later someone I could be good friends with since I think so much like her. Bruno is so sweet that I could see him and Celia married he is good for her and she needs someone like him that
Veronica
I got the Arc of this book early thanks to a contest Tor books had. Great book! I love this series and this hook did not dissapoint. This book kept me interested and it was hard for me to put it down. I'm not going to go into specifics because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I believe this is the best book so far. I'm curious to see what the next book has in store for us. Can't wait to continue this series!
Suzanne
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series now, except for the romance. There's a love triangle and I obviously have my favourite, but she's kissing both of them within minutes of each other at times, and they both know!! I honestly can't see two grown men being ok with that. If this was young adult, I might be able to come to terms with it better.....
Brandie
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I had my reservations about this book. I was like ZOMBIES!? No way! But the way they wrote it was brilliant. I love Celia!

In this book you got to learn a little more about John(sexy as hell) Creede. Which I love. He's genuinely cares about Celia and wants the best for her. What girl wouldn't want that? I can't wait to see what's in store next.
Anna
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading about Celia and her friends. Strange but I feel like not much happened compared to what went on in the other books. Celia is an interesting and likeable character despite of (or maybe because of) her issues. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about Creede (I hope in the next book) and the other characters.
Crystal
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win an ARC from the Authors-very generous ladies indeed. It was an excellent addition to the series. Now I just have to wait twice as long for the next one in the series. Although according to the author's newsletter #5-The Eldritch Legacy will be released in November of 2012 I believe.
Jessi
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cat-adams
I absolutely loved this one. Especially because Celia is starting to accept somethings that she has just been in denial about. However unfortunately what I want to happen hasn't happened yet :-( I'm still holding out hope though. But overall I'm still enjoying the series and I can't wait for the next one to come out later this year (I believe).
Goldingurl
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
celia is always finding trouble or she likes to believe it finds her.

This tale tells us of powerful goddess artifacts that witches shouldn't have and when they do everything goes wrong! To make things worse our hero has been spelled she can't remember much she can't heal i mean what good is being half vampire if you can't super heal?!
She has no idea why she's a target or who is targeting her she thought she cleared out most of her fri-enimes. When her close personal "friend" a powerhouse
Dev Rodrigo
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Kinda spoilery

-Plot holes
-A really shitty love triangle where she dates both guys??? (If a guy did this to 2 girls, we'd have a riot)
- Almost interesting plot that could have been amazing
- One of the "love interests" goes missing for a while and lovely Celia just sits on her ass??
- Celia kisses both guys multiple times to be "fair". No honey, if you really wanted to be fair you'd go out with one or neither of the guys- not both.

Why did I stick with this.
Essie (Midknight.traveller)
I'm not sure what to feel about this series anymore. I should be excited to continue but I just feel disinterested in learning what happens next so I'm putting this series on hold. The love triangle has gotten old and I'm not liking it. The way the flip flops is not for me and I just have a general feeling of *ugh*. I still gave it 3 stars cause there were some things I really liked (like the plot itself) but for now? Continuing on to something else.
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Celia survived a bombing, but isn't healing right afterwards. As she works to solve the puzzle her two love interests are back in the picture. Very engaging, did not want to put it down.
Matilde Damkier
YES! Development in the romance department!
Josi
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great Celia Graves book. This poor woman gets pulled through the wringer every time. This book her mom and grandma really made me mad though. She really needs a vacation.
~+-+Vanora+-+~
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Score: 4/5 stars

It's no secret I love Blood Singer series. Chanced upon Blood Song in the library and I blew through the book in a day. Once I was done with the book in the night, I just had to find out if there sequels on the shelves in the libraries. Head down to the library the next day and borrowed the sequels Siren Song and Demon Song.

Imagine my delight when I found out The Isis Collar exist.

I love Celia Graves. I hate it when female protagonist in novels have to be constantly rely on
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another book finished in my TBR challenge, this one just as challenging to read since I haven't read Demon Song since it released in 2011. So yeah, major gaps there! Cat Adams's The Isis Collar was still a very entertaining read. I can't remember much on backstory, but the little tidbits that are critical to the story are brought back up again. Including a brief mentioning of what went down last time.

Luckily, this doesn't seem to be a series where the last book is totally vital to the next one.
Shelley
*Rating* 3.5
*Genre* Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy mixed breed

*Review*

The Isis Collar, by Cat Adams, is the fourth novel in the Blood Singer series. Celia is a part vampire, part siren bodyguard who is warned by clairvoyant Dottie that a bomb will go off in a local school. Upon arrival, her warnings are ignored by the principal and security is asked to show her to the door.

That doesn’t stop our heroine from jumping to the rescue like she always does. Celia ends up in the right place at the
Vanessa
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Celia's life hasn't been easy since she was turned into an abomination in BLOOD SONG--not quite human, but not quite vampire, either. At the same time her siren abilities manifested, giving her supernatural skills she only wished she had in a profession (bodyguard) that needs all the advantages she can get.

Be careful what you wish for.

THE ISIS COLLAR starts out with a bomb at an elementary school. Someone really despicable wants to cause a pandemic with a magical necrosis that essentially turns
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bruno or Creede: Celia please pick one already!!! 7 23 Oct 26, 2013 05:38PM

• Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
  • Black Wings (Black Wings, #1)
  • Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1)
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Divine Misdemeanors (Merry Gentry, #8)
  • Black Lament (Black Wings, #4)
  • A Lick of Frost (Merry Gentry, #6)
  • Mistral's Kiss (Merry Gentry, #5)
  • Swallowing Darkness (Merry Gentry, #7)
  • A Stroke of Midnight (Merry Gentry, #4)
  • Black City (Black Wings, #5)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
This is the pen name of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams (co-authors of the Thrall trilogy and the Sazi series published by Tor). They created this name to write under to make it easier for new fans (or old) to find them on the book shelves.

Blood Singer (7 books)
  • Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1)
  • Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2)
  • Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • All Your Wishes (Blood Singer, #7)