Start by marking “Sand” as Want to Read:
Sand

Sand

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Dallas is a Special Forces Lieutenant who is driven by his promise to protect the Colonel’s daughter Abby from an opium drug lord. He is torn between duty and his love for her and when he discovers that the drug lord's charming—murderous son has befriended Abby, there's no limit to how far he is willing to go to protect her.
Published March 23rd 2012 by Fantasy Island Book Publishing (first published February 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand

Grace
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Full of patriotism, honor, mystery, suspense and love. I loved it from the first page to the last this is a author who is going somewhere and I can't wait to read more of her writings.

Dannie Hill
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sand by Lili Tufel takes you on a wild ride into the lives of men in Special Forces and the women they love.

I was a bit dubious at first about a woman writing about combat. Ms Tufle doesn’t have the dark heart required of a soldier in the fog of kill or die combat, but she puts readers in a place where their own imaginations can take over. Something more writers should do.

Jamie Corrigan
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you read any review for Sand you will see how nobody could put it down until they were done. I found this to be completely true! Lili has a way of making the characters come to life and have their own personalities. When the settings changed, it happened quite naturally. Never once was I confused & that is a very important thing for me as a reader.

Lili is very gifted. I found myself waking up and wanting to read Sand even when I was done. I was invested in the characters and their lives.
Barbara Abate
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I've read an action adventure novel, and it was especially enjoyable to fall into a story like SAND, which from beginning to end moves along at a steady clip.

Lili Tufel is a talented author who has clearly done a thorough job of researching her story, assuring that changing scenes and foreign settings are well described and believable, effectively drawing readers into the rhelms of non-stop action.

The main characters are engaging and likable from their first appearance,
Jackie Chanel
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I received Sand by participating in the Blog Tour de Troops (best blog tour I've ever seen, btw). I was excited to start reading it simply because I adore books whose main characters are Navy Seals, Green Berets, or any other type of Special Forces.

Sand did not disappoint.

After reading the book description, I was under the impression that I would be reading about Dallas and Abby and a little murderous villain thrown in. So it was unexpected to get Jasmine, Samantha, and Javi. They were a great a
Jess Mountifield
Book didn't start out that well but I think it got a little better towards the end. A lot of the dialogue didn't seem real to me and it jumped very quickly between events and people's perspectives making it hard to follow.

I liked the idea and most of the plot although not all. Seemed a littke like a whole bunch of ideas were thrown into the melting pot and the book didn't really know where it was going but I made it to the end and had started to get to know the characters I cared a littke for th
Tina Ryan Ryan
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The story of Cpt. Javi Santos and Jasmine, and Lt. Brian Star(Dallas) and Abby is beautifully done. It is filled with thrilling drama and action as terrorist invades their lives at every turn.This brings to life a story I'm sure is played in many Military families.She has done her research quite well.I was pleased very much with this book! I'm hoping there will be a sequel as I was left wanting more!I will recommend this book!
J. Darroll Hall
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much I took it to print.. awesome action adventure...we need more of these...
Conchie Fernandez
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Tremendous - review to follow. Kudos, Ms. Tufel. What attention to detail!
Vicki Hinze
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action-adventure
Written in a clear, concise, lean-and-mean style with engaging characters and non-stop action. Very enjoyable read. I'll be watching Lili Tufel.
Judi
I discovered this book on Amazon where it got great reviews, checked it out on Goodreads where again there are some really nice reviews. I decided to give this book a try based on the reviews, the blurb and the fact that this book was priced at a measly .99 on Amazon.

I started this book while I was waiting at the Dr’s office one day and I can say that the beginning of Sand (I didn’t get the significance of the title for the longest time) truly has a great hook.

I love me some military men and s
Holly Hood
May 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading this book, and I enjoyed it. At first I worried that all the military wording was going to confuse me, but it was worded quite nicely. And nothing about it was confusing, the story definitely took me along for the ride, and I was completely engrossed by the relationships going on, each character had a special quality that made the story that more captivating. I think the author did a great job at conveying a sense of military pride as well as really putting you into ...more
Bridget Bowers
I was very excited to finally dive into Sand by Lili Tufel. I'd heard a lot of good things about it. From the opening page, I was sucked into the story. I can't hardly resist men in uniform. Following a pair of soldiers into the heat of battle was thrilling and the action was exciting enough and believable.

Once we brought the story back to the home front things started to unravel a bit for me. Abby and Jasmine weren't fleshed out enough, and it seemed as if the action happened with little prep
N. Kuhn
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: action
This book was ok. I really wanted to like it. The premise and plot were interesting to start. But as you trudge on, it's weird how everyone ends up related or falling into this "family". It also drags on and on as if only to fill space. You think it's over and here's a happy ending, but there's more and it just starts to get boring.

The romance was weak. Not steamy, just sappy. I enjoy an Alpha type man, take charge and protective, but the men in this book were sappy and it ruined the whole take
A Book Vacation
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it
While overall I liked this novel, I need to admit that I struggled with it as well. I am not really into military stories, and while I knew that this story dealt with the military, I guess I didn’t realize how much the story would rely on military expeditions and the like. While Tufel has created a non-stop, action packed novel that many will love, the action, for me, was too fast paced and I struggled to keep up. I need some down time to process events and I felt that the story moved just a lit ...more
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This was a great book. From beginning to end. I could not put it down! The relationships between the main characters intermingled in such a way as you were compelled to find out what happened to them in the end. The switching and changing between settings was handled in a clear and concise manner and never at any point were you confused as to what was going on. And there was a shock ending that was a total surprise! All in all a great book, well done Lili, please let's have more!
Art (Posting elsewhere as Whistler Reads)
I found this story to be too episodic and disjointed. I did read it through to the end in one sitting, if I had stopped, I'd probably be required to back up and take another run at it.

What other reviewers are calling a plot twist at the end, I call a disappointment. It is unfair to readers to imply two novels in the last three paragraphs of the book.

I think I got this book a while ago as a "deal", I wouldn't recommend spending any money on it...
A.B. Shepherd
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it
3 and 1/2 stars

Dallas, Javi and the Colonel are military men captured by enemy forces. Dallas and Javi manage to escape while the Colonel is held hostage. The Colonel has entrusted Javi and Dallas to protect his daughter who holds the key to important military information.

To read the rest of this review please go to my blog at: http://abshepherdsreinventedreader.bl...
Therese
Jan 20, 2012 marked it as to-read
Free.
Tamara
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I really enjoyed this book. Full of twists and surprises
Jack
May 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Action novel featuring the US military's continuing battle against the axis of evil (Arabs) with a strong romantic thread
Alannah Clarke
Aug 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I wasn't really that fussed on this book. I could not get into it, it was poorly written which is really disppointing as it seemed very interesting. I'm glad I did not pay for it.
Mikal Dawn
  • Die Already
  • Nike's Wings
  • The Reverse Commute
  • Cattitude
  • A Kingdom's Cost (The Douglas Trilogy, #1)
  • More Than a Promise (Second Gift, #2)
  • Elly's Ghost
  • Predators of Darkness: Aftermath: Book One of the Darkness Series
  • Emeline and the Mutants
  • Amethyst Moon (Prides of the Moon, #5)
  • Talk Me Down From The Edge
  • Murder in Room 305
  • Believe (Rules, #1)
  • My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
  • Skeleton Lake (Hollows #1)
  • My name is.............Jane
  • Broken Wings
  • The Devil's Kitchen (Crown Phoenix, #2)
Lili Tufel is the acclaimed author of best-selling action adventure novel, SAND. Lili comes from a long line of artists and authors including great-great-great-grandfather, Juan Jose Botero, author of the Hispanic literary classic, Lejos del Nido. Lili Tufel lives in Miami, FL with her husband, three children, and their dog, Luna.
More about Lili Tufel

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49