Start by marking “After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness” as Want to Read:
After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness

Read Book

After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness

What would you do if you found out the son you loved wasn't yours? Nobody wakes up one morning and decides that this is the day they are going to cheat on their spouse, but when the opportunity presents itself - it ultimately becomes a choice - and that choice, whether good or bad, can have irrevocable consequences.

Thirty-four-year-old Ethan Harrington is a brilliant docto
Published March 25th 2011

Be the first to ask a question about After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness

Mary Gramlich
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE by Belinda G. Buchanan
04/11- CreateSpace, Paperback, 656 pages

Do I have enough love left in me to forgive your indiscretion?

Sarah is married to Gavin, who has had an affair with Jessica, but she is married to Ethan, and pregnant with his child. They are all doctors sharing partnerships, friendships, and perhaps too much personal space all intertwined together. But right now everything is about to explode as Jessica goes into labor and has a son that everyone but Ethan
Belinda Buchanan
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: women-s-fiction
AUTHOR'S REVIEW

I wanted to write a story about what would happen if two couples who worked together had an affair, resulting in a pregnancy. So many times, we see the immediate results of infidelity, but not the long term effects.
I wanted to follow these four individuals for two years in their lives to show the devastating ramifications of adultery. I find that writing about characters with emotional flaws makes them real and brings about a certain vulnerability to them.
This ultimately is a book
Michelle
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: forpleasure
It's rare that all I want to do is read a book. This story drew me in because it was so powerful at its core. I am not even sure how I stumbled upon it. I think I was on a page for one book that said at the bottom "people who bought this book also purchased..." so I clicked on it and read the description and decided to go for it.

Though this story was much longer than most e-books I normally read, I simply couldn't stop until I finished. If I hadn't had to sleep and work, I would have read it str
Belinda Buchanan
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
AUTHOR'S REVIEW

This ultimately is a book
Claire Carey
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book for its various elements. I havebeen in the posituon of being cheated on and lied to about it so can relate entirely with it. How it was dealt with was brilliant. Not just by the author but by the characters in the book.
Tera Edison
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, it touched me. Its one of those rare books that stays with you for months.
Ruth Hill
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Initially, I was drawn to this book because it dealt with alcoholism and unforgiveness. Both are issues that have dramatically affected our family, and the latter is affecting it now. I joined a blog tour to give away a copy of it, and the author did a guest post along with it. After reading her guest post, I knew I had to read this book. I contacted her, and she graciously sent me a copy to review. She warned me about any issues I may find with the book (I can't tell you how much I appreciate i ...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed By~Aubrey
Review Copy Provided By~Author

I love reading first novel of new authors. I always feel I may be reading something that could possibly be something great and change the way we look at the world. After All is Said and Done is an excellent first novel with all the qualities I enjoy. Strong characters that really know who they are; that interact with their friends in a way that is interesting and keep you guessing.

This novel opens up with two couples that are on the verge on makin
Natalie
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well what a book this turned out to be. When I read the blurb, I really wasn't sure how I would like it, I have been through my own marriage troubles and in the end what was best for me was to end it. I am now very happy with the man of my dreams. I was leary reading it would dredge up feelings I didn't want to visit again, that wasn't the case at all.

When starting the book you look at the number of pages it is, 659 on my ereader and sometimes when a book is that long you think goodness is the
Mical
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Professional lives in turmoil. Read till late at night. Had a tough time shutting the book so up late. Really enjoyed the Authors writing.
Nancy
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Two couples who seem to have it all. Two sets of physicians who, unfortunately, can’t seem to heal themselves. One tiny baby in the midst of chaos he couldn’t even begin to understand. Five lives torn apart.
In After All is Said and Done, Belinda Buchanan touches on many topics. Fidelity is one and there was a serious lack of that prior to the beginning of this tale. Honesty? Out the window. Secrets? Went with honesty.
Jessica Harrington had an affair with her husband’s clinic partner’s hubby. The
Katherine Owen
Jul 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is always a sign of a good book for me, when a few days after I've finished a novel, I'm still thinking about it. This is definitely the case with "After All Is Said And Done". As a writer, Ms Buchanan does a very stealthy job of bringing the reader along for this amazing ride in the world of Ethan and his wife Jessica and Gavin and his wife Sarah. It was an interesting story with unexpected twists and turns that will keep readers engaged to see how it all turns out. Ms. Buchanan does a gre ...more
Collette Scott
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After All is Said and Done is a powerful story, gripping and unputdownable right from the start. From the opening scene, you are caught up in the drama and the lives of these four characters, watching their joy, pain, anger and depression as though you are viewing it firsthand. It’s a fast paced novel, with short bursts of scenes, some only a couple of pages long. It helps to keep the novel moving forward, so you do not even realize how long it is. Even with these brief scenes, you become enthra ...more
Sandie Scott
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Real Life

I've gotten somewhat into reading books about infidelity and this one was so different from others I've read. From forgiving the adulterous party, to ending the marriage, I never thought I'd read this story where the spouse uses a gun. With the heightened emotions and the fall into alcoholism, you get the real sense of all that is lost in the end of a marriage in which both parties are to blame. Even though there is a hint of forgiveness, it can't be followed through after everything th
D.A. Cairns
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
After All Is Said and Done is a hard hitting portrayal of alcoholism and the heartbreaking consequences of infidelity. A tale of four lives inextricably intertwined. My feelings for the main man, Ethan, changed as I followed his long battle against his demons. There were some nice twists and some beautifully crafted scenes. On the downside, I felt it was too long, and could have benefitted from some serious streamlining. I grew impatient in places reading through unnecessary scenes. AAISAD faile ...more
Debra
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
An emotional and different type of story line that is about the aftermath of infidelity. Ethan finds out his wife's affair but forgives Jessica. That is until he finds out that the child, whose conception was after the so called affair. She and Gavin kept up the affair, thus producing a child. Gavin was also married, to Sarah. This was a tormented story that showed how Ethan coped, or not coped. His demons and how he was able to grow and overcome her infidelities. Not an entertaining read. So mu ...more
Heidi
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great story, very emotional and sad. Your perception of each character changes during the book and you learn so much about them with each chapter. It makes you ask the question "what would you do?" when we see each character face the fall out of an affair.

It took some time to adjust to the constant change in scenes/characters and sometimes it felt very abrupt but not enough to not enjoy the book or not want to finish it.

A real rollercoaster of feelings and a great ending. Well worth a read.
Kerry
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: infidelity, kin-un, angst
Loved the story, loved the characters, but would have loved some scenes to have been cut. It was just too long and caused me to speed read unnecessary scenes. I hate doing this in case I've missed that one vital sentence, that at times is written in to pages and pages of drivel. This could have easily been a five star book, but at times I found myself irritated and wishing the author would get on with it.
Molly
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a hard book for me to read; given Ethan's history, I guess I was bracing myself for an upsetting manifestation of his anger, which thankfully did NOT happen, but manifested in another way. I would like to get a print copy of this series, if at all possible; I think I would read it more slowly. I admit to skimming several parts of this particular book, just to see if I was right about certain plot twists.

Over all, a well-written and thought-out story:)
Freya
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I liked the story-line of the book and the concept. The book was written well too but it was just sooo long. I just wish it had been shorter and hadn't tried my patience so much.

Over all a good read if you have the patience.
Kitty
Jun 03, 2011 added it
read book
Julie Post
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deep story but tended to drag in parts. I wanted to finish the story but it wasn't hard to put down.
Ev
rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Not To Us
  • Ribbon in the Sky (Dolan Brothers, #1)
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Personal Experiences (Personal, #1)
  • Into the Badlands
  • The Foxes of Harrow (Delta Diamond Library)
  • The Perpetual Quest for the Perfect Life
  • Homesong
  • Body of Water
  • Choices...
  • Smoke In Your Eyes
  • A Lighter Shade of Gray
  • Kevin My Military Man
  • The Marriage War
  • The Evolution of Ivy: Poison (The Evolution of Ivy, #1)
  • The Heart of a Girl (Haven, #2)
  • Where the Wheat Blows
  • Holding Her Breath
Hello! Thanks for stopping by my author page.

I write edgy, Women's Fiction & Mystery novels that deal with real life issues such as infidelity, mental illness, abuse, and grief. My stories are filled with angst, intimacy, despair, and hope. If you like these things, and don't mind a few racy scenes or a sprinkling of profanity here and there, then my books are for you.

I have written four nov