Start by marking “And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth” as Want to Read:
And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth

And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
In his first book, Carljoe Javier writes hilarious essays on diverse topics like being a certified geek, the panties of celebrities, the dilemma of peeing, teaching at a school for girls, his mutant powers, playing with an edgy rock band, and joining a local reality TV show.
Published by Milflores Publishing, Inc. (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth

K.D. Absolutely
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pinoy, english, essays, funny
I do not consider myself a geek but I do have some geeky qualities. I wear glasses. I love reading books. I enjoy formulating and researching answers to thought-provoking questions. I am generally not very meticulous about how I look or if the colors of my getup (trousers and pants) match. However, I still do not consider myself a geek because I cannot relate to the word. It's simply a term for cuno kids for me and I am not one.

This book is a bit better than the first book of essays by Carljoe J
Alden
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
It was hilarious. Aside from its sticker-like cover, another thing that got my attention was the short description about the book. I mean, how can you resist to read a book that contains diverse topics like the celebrities' underwears (or 'the panties of celebrities' according to the author), the dilemma of peeing, teaching at a school for girls, having mutant powers, being torn between two lovers sukis, and other 'geekly stuffs'.

But apparently, it could have been better if it had more pages. Re
Roxanne Walls
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: non-bandwagon people, the real geeks
A friend gave this book to me as a token of gratitude since I showed up to her class to be her last-minute interview guest.

As geek culture is suddenly resurfacing, people tend to think of shallow reasons to consider someone a 'geek'. In this book, however, Carljoe tells it like it is. The real geeks are the star of the show here. No, it has nothing to do with being smart or just wearing glasses. It's all in the attitude and outlook on life. Well, a mix of both.

Despite it being about Carljoe's p
Billy Candelaria
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it

I'm not into labels. But I would rate myself being a geek. Carljoe Javier's essay are honest and gives you a brief overview of the wonderful and adventures of a geek here in the Philippines. Expecting more essays to come.
A.M. Canja
May 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
One of the books that you could finish in one sitting and get a laugh worth a full novel. I caught myself smiling moments after reading when I remember his funny stories.
Michelle Bacabac
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hilarious and honest.
Raissa
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was fun. I especially liked the essay on the mall Amazing Race, which was about a unique and hilarious experience, and digressed into analysis quite smoothly.
Marj Casal
Sep 02, 2011
Julian Eudela
Sep 29, 2017
“I may not care about how I look, but I care that I am heard.” 5 likes
“As is the rule with lesser choices, you learn to like the options you have to choose from.” 0 likes