Start by marking “Queen of Song and Souls” as Want to Read:
Queen of Song and Souls

Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul #4)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  6,530 Ratings  ·  288 Reviews

The Fourth Chapter in C. L. Wilson’s Breathtaking Epic Tale of Magic, Passion, and Destiny

Two lovers, two hearts, one soul.

Only joined can they be truly complete.

Only joined can they survive the darkness.

The Fey King Rain and his truemate Ellysetta share a passionate love unrivaled in the history of their world—and a forbidden power that made them outcasts from the Fading
Audio, 0 pages
Published February 22nd 2011 by HarperAudio (first published October 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Song and Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Song and Souls

Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

She frowned and tilted her head back to look up at him. “Will ours?”
“I pray so.” Somber acceptance darkened his eyes, and he stroked her cheek in a light caress. “But even if we do not find joy in this lifetime, we will be born again to love once more. That much, I believe without question. In this lifetime, or the next, or even the lifetime after that, our sou
Sobia
Jul 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So... the best way to describe this 4th book in the Fading lands series?

Maddening.

But in a good way.

There's just so much going on, and you want to know it all, and you want to know it all, right now now NOW! But then again, no you don't, because then the story's over, and then where would we be? (other then waiting for CLW's next 3 promised books)

But there's a lot happening in this book, and it doesn't seem to stop... and you want our Heroes to get a break, and to be able to just relax, and t
Barbara
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars...I loved it!

..."His sigh spoke of fear and regret mingled with grim acceptance. 'Teach her,' he said. 'Teach her to fight. Teach her to defend herself, and teach her to kill. The five of you must be her chatoks in the Dance of Knives. Teach her as you have taught no other. Give her everything. Hold nothing back.'

'Rain...' Bel murmured, his eyes troubled.

Rain waved off his unspoken objection. ' She is a Tairen Soul, and we Tairen Souls were born for war. I may not like this path the gods
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read 27-30 January 2016
Buddy read with Anzu and maybe Maru

1st Read from April 04 to 05, 2015
What a depressing ending!
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson is one of my favorites. It is a great blend of romance and action, with vibrant characters and a really, really evil villain. The second book of the series, Lady of Light and Shadows is one of my all time favorite books. I remember reading it and having to put it down because I became too emtionally involved in it - only to pick it right back up.

Queen of Song and Souls starts two weeks after King of Sword and Sky and this is one series I highly recommend you
Steven Peterson
This is volume # 4 in a series, by the talented author C. L. Wilson. However, this specific work. Metaphorically, is like an automobile in idle. It just doesn’t carry the action forward from volume # 3 (“King of Sword and Sky”) into the next book, which would feature the climax to the 5 book series. And one hopes that there might be further future adventures for Rain and Ellysetta after that. But it is time to end this particular series and be on with it.

In volume 3, many issues became clearer—s
Lover of Romance
Queen of Song and Souls is the fourth installment in the Tairen soul series. For years I have heard so many amazing things about this series, and its not easy to find a stirring fantasy romance series that captures your heart from the very beginning. This review will be shorter than others, so that I don't give too much away.

Rain and Ellysetta's story has been magical from the moment they first met. They have suffered and have made great strides. In this installment, there is much that we learn
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
This is a combined review over the 5 books of this Series.

OK...so I read all 5 of this series non stop this weekend...

I just couldn't put this series down for the life of me.

Yes, it does drag on in parts and found myself skimming over paragraphs but overall this was a freakin fantastic series full of Fey, Dragons, Mages, Elves and so many other characters...but...

who won my heart??

Ellie - shit...she was a perfect main character and stole the book for me. From the beginning, the way the author de
HJ
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
reread 11/2016
Donna
Aug 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Fantasy fans
Queen of Song and Souls is the exciting fourth book in the Tairen Souls series by C.L. Wilson. In my opinion, due to complex world created by C.L. Wilson, this series needs to be read in order starting with Lord of the Fading Lands, thus experiencing this series to it's fullest.

C.L. Wilson elegantly throws us back in the world of Fey in the prologue where the King of Sword and Sky ended. From there we follow Ellysetta and Rain as they travel across the lands trying to create alliances with the C
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
"Death offers us hope, at least. Not for this life, but for another."

Once again Wilson delivers a riveting edition to the series. She has created a world that is truly captivating and unforgettable. How could anyone not fall in love with Ellysetta and her shining Fey king?
It's difficult to relate him to the same man that others refer to as "Worldscorcher", the man who once swept torment and destruction over the lands with Tairen flame. Since finding his Feyreisa, he's been selfless and compassi
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants the BEST of fantasy and romance
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: Stacia
[EDIT March 28, 2015 - Re-reading along with Jeanine. I really am not sure how many times I have both read and listened to the audio of this, my favorite fantasy series of all. There are not words for how wonderful this story and the world this author has created. On to the final book and waiting patiently (well no really patiently) for the promised spinoffs that need so badly to be told. On to the last and fifth book and then will put them away for awhile...until I pick them up to take this jou ...more
Tom
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We get another awesome book in the series.

I’m going with a very short review for multiple reasons. Everything in the last book was left so up in the air that by letting you know what goes on in this one would actually give away some of the surprises. Also if you are reading book 4 you already know where the story is going.

This book was a really good mix of action and world building. Multiple story lines get pushed along without the need for building the situations. Ellie starts to come into her
Lazybee
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected great things from this book, as usual this series never fails to amaze me. Life is fun, when books like this are your companions.
Gemma
Feb 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
God, that pretty much broke my heart :'( I love this series, and apart from the annoying realisation that I'll have to wait for God knows how many more books to get to the end of it, this was a great addition to the story.

I just finished reading it only scant minutes ago, so I'm still feeling the effects, but the only word I can properly come up with to describe it is... emotional. Flipping hell, was that emotional!
I'd actually harboured thoughts (hopes would probs be better) that this was goin
Dragana
Still going strong. I am continuing immediately to the next book...
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also now be found on Reading Lark After Dark: http://readinglarkafterdark.blogspot....

Queen of Song and Souls opens with a shorter retelling of the ending of King of Sword and Sky's battle sequence, and told more from Lillis's point of view. And then we jump right over to another facet of the battle and Ellysetta now joining the other shei'dalins in healing the wounded following the last epic battle.

Ellysetta has come a long way from the beginning of this series. She is much bett
Heather
Mar 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 4 in the Tairen Soul series, and it really does need to be read in order, as each book builds upon the last. If you pick this book up and read it without reading the previous one you are going to be missing so much.

I LOVE this series, but I didn't feel that this book really moved the story forward much. It mainly covers the coming war between the Eld, and the Fey and their allies, and how everyone is preparing for it. It seemed to drag a little, and by the end I was getting sick of
Abigail
Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy
Kendall Berg
game

WOO HOO! After book three I was worried but I am SO glad I stuck around. Book 4 may have been the best yet.

Positives:
1. Ellie learns about her past and her parents
2. Rain is going a little cray cray
3. We get to spend time with the elves
4. The plot thickens and we get into Maur's head
5. War is upon us
6. Screw the queen
7. Ellie and rain are so close. I just know it's gonna happen in book 5.

Negatives:
1. Romeo & Juliet - that's all I'm gonna say

romeo

Book type: Adult Fantasy/Romance
Book rating: 4/5
R
Melanie
May 2010
Yet again, I cannot recommend this book enough... A wonderful and amazing continuation to the Tairen Soul series, and now I am aching to read the fifth (and last) installment, which will only be out in November :-(

But CL Wilson doesn't disappoint : Ellie and Rain's bond grows stronger as they go off to war with the Elds, and Ellie finally discovers her true heritage, as well as the High Mage of Eld's ultimate goal.. Although the truemate bond has yet to be completed, you can't help but s
Yodamom
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The war with the Eld is unavoidable, rain and Ellysetta must gather all the allies they can. She still carries hurt marks and tries to do as much good as she can while she can. The vision the oracle sent her haunts her every move. Rain is losing his grip on sanity, the bond is not completing and war brings the madness closer. They visit with the Elf King for a eye opening and disturbing premonition. Horrible truths are revealed, many lives will be lost. One pair of lovers has the ultimate ugline ...more
Julia's Book Haven
That ending was cruel, I'm so freaking sad. The last book better be freaking epic and happy or I might scream.
Pickles
Tani
I had a hard time with the third book of this series. It felt slow to me, and I wondered if I'd misjudged the series. I enjoyed the first book a lot, and the second almost as much, but I read them years ago, and I always doubt my judgment from years past. But this book redeemed the series for me and showed that my struggles with book three were passing.

I think that what helped me to enjoy this book more than the previous ones was the shift in point of view. In the previous book, I struggled wit
Crazy4more
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star and then some...

What a beautiful read, with inspiration, passion, hopes, tears and nerve-racking combined. Yes, toward the end of the book, no eye-creme is going to help my dark circles, puffy-swollen-red-eyes this morning. As I continue my read on the elliptical, it was all out waterfall, seriously embarrassing. Luckily I was by myself and well hidden behind my sweat-teary-red face as I finished my 5 miles.

Loving Rain with all her heart, body and soul, yet their truemate bonds are still
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites

"Two lovers, two hearts, one soul.
Only joined can they be truly complete.
Only joined can they survive the darkness."

Wow! Once again a fantastic story but this time it made me cry. We've managed to get through a build up to war with not a lot of death but we do have them in this book and I confess I cannot read it even now without tears pouring out of me. I won't say who or how but suffice it to say, it's
Gina Briganti
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how this book picks up right where book 3 left off. It is one of the elements of CLW's series that has made it so easy to slip down the slide into many entertaining reading hours.

This book is plot heavy and moves, moves, moves.

We are finally treated to the story of the elves and their city of Navahele. I found it all very enchanting. The Dance turns out to be a novel divination method. I can see why Galad Hawksheart spends so much of his life studying it.

As you might expect, some story li
Liz
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul) A whole bunch of forward momentum as we see both foes and allies align as the Second Mage War takes a big breath, trembling on the brink of another wave of violence!

Some secrets are revealed, the danger cranked even higher and the fate of the world lays in Ellie's hands as she fights to understand her role in the the ultimate battle between Light and Dark. She also seeks to save the sanity of her Tairen Soul mate, Rain, who can only be restored by the compl
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • Princess of the Sword (Nine Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Battle Sylph (Sylph, #1)
  • The Brush  of Black Wings (Master of Crows, #2)
  • Pure Healing (Pure Ones, #1)
  • The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1)
  • A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)
  • The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • Siren Song
C.L. Wilsons unique blend of pulse-pounding action, sweeping epic fantasy, and passionate romance has made her books a favorite read for romance and fantasy readers alike. Praised for exceptional worldbuilding and lyric prose, her critically acclaimed novels have regularly appeared on bestseller lists including the USA Today, the New York Times, and Publishers Weekly.

C.Ls novels have won numerous
More about C.L. Wilson...

Tairen Soul (5 books)
  • Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
“Not all battles can be won. Not all lives can be saved. And no matter how we wish it, not all songs end in joy.” 26 likes
.... Steli forgot knocking.... 16 likes