Start by marking “Little Jane Silver” as Want to Read:
Little Jane Silver

Little Jane Silver

(Jane Silver #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Meet Little Jane Silver, the twelve year-old granddaughter of notorious Treasure Island pirate Long John Silver. Growing up on the Pieces of Eight, the pirate ship of her parents, Captains Bonnie Mary Bright and Long John Silver II, Little Jane is increasingly frustrated with being thrust below decks whenever any real pirating action takes place.

Desperate to be taken serio
Published June 27th 2011 by Dundurn

To ask other readers questions about Little Jane Silver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Jane Silver

Rachel Seigel
Mar 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I like the premise, and the character's are colourful and fun, but there are some difficulties with this book that lower the rating. The narrator's voice doesn't work. It feels like she's unsuccessfully trying to mimic a 19th century style of writing. The story is also too young to appeal to the age who could read it in its current format, and too difficult for the age who would most enjoy it. There is a book 2 coming, however, and hopefully the author will find her voice.
Maureen
Mar 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
The book was hard to get into. The narrator of the story added in details that made the story hard to follow. As well, I did not like how it ended - the book ended with nothing resolved. There obviously is a 2nd book, but this felt like a badly written story from an grade school child because it ended so abruptly.
Janet Hutchinson
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
I found this a difficult book to get into. The voice is that of a 12 year old girl - but I am not sure that this is written in a manner that would be accessible or appeal to someone of that age. But I don't think it would appeal to an older group either. And I kept thinking that the "crisis" in the book would resolve itself before the book ended. Instead, it left me hanging -and not in a god-I-can't-wait-for-the-sequel way. Not sure I will read it though.
Nisha
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2014
Little Jane Silver is the daughter of two pirates, Long John Silver II and Bonny Mary Bright. But whenever there's any real pirating work to be done, Little Jane is sent down below decks. Then her family is kidnapped, and Little Jane must save them.

I really, really liked this book. Little Jane is a very strong character, and she shares some feelings that I have when I can't do something that other people can.
Jo
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's a pirate book and I love all things pirate. It's a great book to read aloud to a child age 7 and over.
Mili Fay
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
I have not finished this book yet, but so far it has been a fun high-seas adventure.
Adirarotstein
Leigh
Sep 23, 2018

Jane Silver (3 books)
  • Little Jane and the Nameless Isle: A Little Jane Silver Adventure
  • The Little Jane Silver 2-Book Bundle: Little Jane Silver / Little Jane and the Nameless Isle